• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I’ve seen it all in this game. Made a guy quit today because I was actually managing distance and range. I was Tom Breese and the guy was RDA.

The quitting is my favourite. It's literally the most dominant win you can get.

Anyone understand the stamina changes? Every fight i have it seems like one of us gasses and the other has full stamina. I cant find any rhyme or reason to it. The winner or all my fights seems to be whoever randomly has more stamina in the second round.

I know if you get knocked down you lose a big chunk of stamina, and slips folllwed by missed or blocked punches drain more then before. I've only played a couple fights though so not sure yet

I rocked Pettis with a jab mid cartwheel kick lol... the animation just stopped and he stayed upside down for a few seconds, looked very strange.

I rocked Pettis with a jab mid cartwheel kick lol... the animation just stopped and he stayed upside down for a few seconds, looked very strange.
I uppercut someone trying an off the cage strike and the flopped around for a few second and then the ref called it off lol

I had a ghost take me down when I was going for the knockdown

What i also find strange, to '' hurt '' the body you need like a 100 punches/kicks but you get rocked pretty easy

What i also find strange, to '' hurt '' the body you need like a 100 punches/kicks but you get rocked pretty easy

Yeah it's kinda lame that body work ONLY serves to drain stamina. It's pretty much impossible to rock them to the body until like late in the 3rd round when you've been putting in body work all fight and they're exhausted. Some guys just don't block their body at all and sure you can usually beat them just by sapping their stamina but it'd be nice to fold them in half with a liver shot every now and then

Yeah it's kinda lame that body work ONLY serves to drain stamina. It's pretty much impossible to rock them to the body until like late in the 3rd round when you've been putting in body work all fight and they're exhausted. Some guys just don't block their body at all and sure you can usually beat them just by sapping their stamina but it'd be nice to fold them in half with a liver shot every now and then

I need to start blocking low more often. I use it to catch kicks but I always feel like their head will break before my body/leg does.

I need to start blocking low more often. I use it to catch kicks but I always feel like their head will break before my body/leg does.

Left hook to the body is probably my most used strike, then I go up top with it later when they start blocking it reflexively.

Yep that would be much more realistic, and bodyshots are pretty easy to counter. It's almost not worth it to kick to the body cause if they catch it you're fucked. If you punch to the body and somebody finds the uppercut button you're also fucked. The risk/reward isn't very good.

Has anybody experienced this weird bug when your opponent throws a big overhand right and manages to hit/knock you out when you're clearly out of range?

Yep that would be much more realistic, and bodyshots are pretty easy to counter. It's almost not worth it to kick to the body cause if they catch it you're fucked. If you punch to the body and somebody finds the uppercut button you're also fucked. The risk/reward isn't very good.

Body kick catch has been nerfed at least, no more free follow up shot after the initial punch. I noticed the first time you catch one and counter it doesn't do much but if it happens again you'll get a rock.

Block breaking is also changed, the dev said early in the fight its harder to get a knockdown off a block break because head health regens faster

This game gives absolutely no leverage towards grapplers in terms of score. And the stamina drain/vulnerability is way too extreme

Played 2 fights so far with the patch, both ended in about a minute by KO without much of a beat down involved...anyone know if they made flash KO's more common?

Played 2 fights so far with the patch, both ended in about a minute by KO without much of a beat down involved...anyone know if they made flash KO's more common?
make that 3 in a row, just knocked out an Ortega with Yair with a heel kick in 40 seconds

This game is awful in the higher divisions (filled with dweebs sitting in their room playing all day thinking they're real fighters LOL). Basically any exploit or cheap tactic still present in the game will be used by them. Not to mention the 'top players' are usually the laggiest. I was number 55 in the world, but top 20 in North America. It's unplayable competitively against one of these laggers, or players outside of your region. In grappling exchanges, the transitions are usually super slow or way too fast against them.. so that gives it away right there that the match is laggy, and it presents itself badly in the stand up

This game is awful in the higher divisions (filled with dweebs sitting in their room playing all day thinking they're real fighters LOL). Basically any exploit or cheap tactic still present in the game will be used by them. Not to mention the 'top players' are usually the laggiest. I was number 55 in the world, but top 20 in North America. It's unplayable competitively against one of these laggers, or players outside of your region. In grappling exchanges, the transitions are usually super slow or way too fast against them.. so that gives it away right there that the match is laggy, and it presents itself badly in the stand up
Can anyone else confirm that the top guys are the laggiest? I find that hard to believe. but im too bad to ever play top guys so I wouldnt know.

However I do agree that lag is fucking obnoxious when present. Just played a Cain user who lagged BAD and even though he was absolutely awful he beat me. Just 1-2 1-2 1-2 occasional overhand and hook and I couldnt use head movement cause of the lag. I had Werdum who im usually good with but was too slow to deal with cain with the lag. Annoying.

make that 3 in a row, just knocked out an Ortega with Yair with a heel kick in 40 seconds

They actually said they toned down the walkoff KOs and turned up the follow up TKOs/finish the fight punches on the ground. But my experience has been more similar to yours with quick KOs seeming more frequent.

Can anyone else confirm that the top guys are the laggiest? I find that hard to believe. but im too bad to ever play top guys so I wouldnt know.

However I do agree that lag is fucking obnoxious when present. Just played a Cain user who lagged BAD and even though he was absolutely awful he beat me. Just 1-2 1-2 1-2 occasional overhand and hook and I couldnt use head movement cause of the lag. I had Werdum who im usually good with but was too slow to deal with cain with the lag. Annoying.

I have seen mixed results. There are certainly some guys who use the lag to their advantage at the top. People who always have lag are tough to play because every game is like that for them and they are used to it. Its like a different game for everyone who plays them.

They actually said they toned down the walkoff KOs and turned up the follow up TKOs/finish the fight punches on the ground. But my experience has been more similar to yours with quick KOs seeming more frequent.
I guess I dont mean literally walk off, I mean fight ending strikes early - no chance to get up

Back