• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Also, how did you end up with double yellows? Is sherdog cracking down? I see a ton of double yellows lately.

He has recently decided to venture into the war room with his awful political opinions, I'm guessing that's what happened lol

Is this game worth the buy? I know it is a big trend to hate on UFC games but I have owned every single one up to this point and put massive hours into all of them.

I played the beta and it was fun, the stand up just felt off to me tho. I'm sure if I bought it I would get used to it after a few days.

Is it worth the money or should I just wait for it to go on sale?

Is this game worth the buy? I know it is a big trend to hate on UFC games but I have owned every single one up to this point and put massive hours into all of them.

I played the beta and it was fun, the stand up just felt off to me tho. I'm sure if I bought it I would get used to it after a few days.

It's already down to $39 which about right for it.

I've owned them all and I have to admit i've really struggled to enjoy this one. Get it while it's cheap i'd say. Some gamers love it though so please don't let me put you off

My biggest gripe about this game is the delays/lag when i'm trying to add legkicks to my combos. I always get my leg broken.

Played last night after the patch on normal career and I managed to land a shitload more kicks before my leg broke so I guess the patch has been good for that. I just need to stop being so predictable

I've owned them all and I have to admit i've really struggled to enjoy this one. Get it while it's cheap i'd say. Some gamers love it though so please don't let me put you off

Ya If it is 39$ on Xbox I will probably get it, I feel like once you get the hang of the standup you can probably string together combos pretty well. Even tho I had no problems on the last game stringing combos together on the last game yet everyone complained that the controls were clunky on the last game.

I'll probably pick it up this weekend

So the new cheap strategy seems to be picking a power puncher and just throwing 1-2 to the body or head jab body straight non stop. Very hard to time an uppercut counter and saps your stamina pretty quickly. Very annoying and hard to punish. Low risk high reward strat for them and then when you try slip the jab the body straight will stop your counter most of the time

So the new cheap strategy seems to be picking a power puncher and just throwing 1-2 to the body or head jab body straight non stop. Very hard to time an uppercut counter and saps your stamina pretty quickly. Very annoying and hard to punish. Low risk high reward strat for them and then when you try slip the jab the body straight will stop your counter most of the time

Id recommend using fighters that have the knee to the body.. quick to fire off and creates distance when you have peopple sticking to you spamming jabs. One good timed uppercut and you will kill the jab spammers dead.

I have turned back to the leg kicks. As long as you keep the timing unpredictable they dont get checked much. I go to the head just enough that they cant risk not blocking it. Then slam the leg a few times, it really seems to shutdown most strategies and get the oponent out of rhythm. Real good against the swayers, just back out and leg kick when they sway.

Yes. I fought a guy who used Korean Zombie and he did almost nothing than 1-2 to the body. My counter uppercuts didn't land, even if he didn't block. I tried throwing body kicks from distance, but with this great animation of first taking two steps forward and then throwing a body kick that takes 4 seconds, I couldn't throw them before he closed the distance and threw his 1-2 again.

Also, I tend to avoid picking fighters that can throw standing elbows now. The punches are sometimes so laggy that this is causing me problems and I think this is worse with fighters that can throw standing elbows. For example: When I want to throw a left jab, right uppercut, left hook combo and block afterwards, my fighter throws a jab, does nothing for 2 seconds and then throws a standing elbow.

In general, I enjoy the game. However, in EA UFC 2 online mode I normally only lost to fighters that were better skilled. In EA UFC 3, I've lost to quite some lucky punches or weird things. For example, I fought JDS with Todd Duffee and I went for a head kick. My opponent went for a spinning kick to the body at the same time, kicked in between my legs, literally kicked my butt an KO'd me.

Yes. I fought a guy who used Korean Zombie and he did almost nothing than 1-2 to the body. My counter uppercuts didn't land, even if he didn't block. I tried throwing body kicks from distance, but with this great animation of first taking two steps forward and then throwing a body kick that takes 4 seconds, I couldn't throw them before he closed the distance and threw his 1-2 again.

Also, I tend to avoid picking fighters that can throw standing elbows now. The punches are sometimes so laggy that this is causing me problems and I think this is worse with fighters that can throw standing elbows. For example: When I want to throw a left jab, right uppercut, left hook combo and block afterwards, my fighter throws a jab, does nothing for 2 seconds and then throws a standing elbow.

In general, I enjoy the game. However, in EA UFC 2 online mode I normally only lost to fighters that were better skilled. In EA UFC 3, I've lost to quite some lucky punches or weird things. For example, I fought JDS with Todd Duffee and I went for a head kick. My opponent went for a spinning kick to the body at the same time, kicked in between my legs, literally kicked my butt an KO'd me.

Yep that guy with KZ is exactly what I'm talking about. People just work to find the easiest path to victory without trying to fight realistically, and that 1-2 to the body is the new spam that is VERY hard to punish properly.

Also IMO they need to drastically reduce the stamina penalty for having a strike slipped. You are already getting punished for getting slipped by granting a massive counter opportunity to your opponent, why take such a big stamina hit? The stamina hit should be for bobbing and weaving non stop fishing for counters. And now i've fought a couple guys who do it not just to fish for counters, they do it to drain stamina.

Example - I was Nick Diaz and my opponent was Woodley. I should have stamina advantage right? Well he just ducked and dipped like he was break dancing the whole first round, and hardly threw anything at me except a couple jabs and straights to the body. I wasn't aggressively attacking him, I was trying to pick my shots because I saw what he was doing, but every time I chose the wrong strike I take a massive stamina hit because he slips it and jabs my body once, while he is literally losing no stamina for frantically mashing the right stick the entire round. I landed a lot on him too but didn't have a power puncher so by the end of the round I was at a huge stamina disadvantage just based on throwing a few hooks that got ducked and getting hit with a few 1-2 to the body.

Goddammit, that sounds awful. I have played Kingdom Come the last few weeks, and when I got back to EA UFC 3 the other night, I lost more than I won (which never happens!), and I got drained in the stamina department BAD.
This must be why - not sure I want to subject myself to that torture, and I won't ever play the game of cheese.:mad:
They better patch that bullshit, somehow the game got worse!

Goddammit, that sounds awful. I have played Kingdom Come the last few weeks, and when I got back to EA UFC 3 the other night, I lost more than I won (which never happens!), and I got drained in the stamina department BAD.
This must be why - not sure I want to subject myself to that torture, and I won't ever play the game of cheese.:mad:
They better patch that bullshit, somehow the game got worse!

Yep, it solved one problem and created several others as usual lol. Their intentions were good but ultimately what they did buffed the cheesy strategy they were trying to nerf

Or move forward spamming constant hooks. If their fighter has better stats it's impossible to defend against. You won't be able to counter them quick enough, head movement won't do anything and block won't hold up either.

Yeah, lost three out of four due to crazy body cheese.
The one was a clueless Jones.
This is looking pretty bad...

Yep, it solved one problem and created several others as usual lol. Their intentions were good but ultimately what they did buffed the cheesy strategy they were trying to nerf

Seems like they tried to fix the problems no one cared about and ignored the stuff ruining the game. Nothing they did helped against fighting in the phone booth or the head movement issue. Those were my only complaints and still are.

The fixes to address those issues seem based on a misunderstanding of the issues. Like taking out the duck to double uppercut didnt help anything because one uppercut rocks you the same as two. An uppercut hook combo is just as powerful as the double uppercut was. The jab step back to get space is worthless, good way to get head kicked and your opponent can close the distance you get before you are even out of the step back animation.

Even in my wins, I am way behind in stamina.
Will have to change my ways, but matches look nothing like MMA, rather more like dance-punching

This game just bores the shit out of me. Every fight is either someone moving like a no doubt video from 1996 or someone who just stands right on top of you. I noticed someome doing that jab/body straight on me the other day but I managed to land a counter uppercut and turned his lights out. Most the people who play this are so predictable and dumb. They follow the same patterns, sway the same way, etc. Its just dull. Someone ducking and coming up with uppercuts? Time the duck with my own uppercut. Someone swaying left to right none stop? Stand in the pocket and bang hooks. Someone backing up to throw an overhand or lead roundhouse constantly? Duck for the KO counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game just bores the shit out of me. Every fight is either someone moving like a no doubt video from 1996 or someone who just stands right on top of . I noticed someome doing that jab/body straight on me the other day but I managed to land a counter uppercut and turned his lights out. Most the people who play this are so predictable and dumb. They follow the same patterns, sway the same way, etc. Its just dull. Someone ducking and coming up with uppercuts? Time the duck with my own uppercut. Someone swaying left to right none stop? Stand in the pocket and bang hooks. Someone backing up to throw an overhand or lead roundhouse constantly? Duck for the KO counter.

I agree. For me now that I have adjusted to the controls the game seems to play really slow. People just walk around holding force field block and trading punches into each others block until someone gets rocked. There is never any sense of needing to use your movement or even to try and pick your shots and use timing because no matter how you move or time it they are going to hold block until they see a chance to throw back in the middle of your combo. In theory the vulnerability is a good idea but in practice it just means the only way to win is to hit your opponent in the middle of a punch. It makes the fights look nothing like MMA because people just stand toe to toe and wait for their opponent to throw a 2 hit combo so they can catch them in the middle of it

Back