• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I wish they added standing elbows like they had in UFC 2. The only standing elbows are from closed guard which is bs.
I thought there is standing elbows? High block + L/R Punch?

How do you rematch in this game?
In other fighting games most of the fun comes when finding an opponent on your level and ducking it out for 5 or so matches.

I really dislike the update, stand up feels slow and sluggish. On the ground i can't block transitions anymore?

Covington is good, got a few Lawlers and Conors with him. Striking seemed maybe too good?

Had very little success with Saki. No stamina, felt a little slow, bad ground game. So, realistic maybe :)

I really don’t understand what constitutes as scoring in this game. You could win every sig category each round but if the other person spams a few sub attempts or lands a KD they will negate everything and win. It’s really bullshit. As far as everything else goes I’m pleasantly surprised. TD out of range is ridiculous telegraphed. Dudes spamming uppercuts, hooks, and roundhouses all round are getting killed by stamina

Last edited by a moderator:
Game still sucks. Nerfed top control so now were back to Ishihara being able to get up from Edgar. Lower rated guys more unplayable than before since they get rocked easier and all stamina goes away. Hard combo garbage system means more with slower strikes.

Terrible. Even more terrible than before so far, and before was really terrible

Dude you are garbage. I’m sorry

I like the update, a bit more weighty, easier to block takedowns, penalty in stamina for getting rocked or hurt. It's not perfect but it plays alot better imo, another patch or 2 and it'll be nice unless they overdo something.

Wot? Cause I think the game sucks i'm garbage? Lol what a retarded response.

He just meant that your complaints display lack of skill. If you can't keep ishihara down with Frankie you aren't good. They tuned down the stats = win regardless of skill thankfully so you can't just rely on your opponents being helpless if you pick a good grappler

Wot? Cause I think the game sucks i'm garbage? Lol what a retarded response.

No you suck. I’m not even trying to be braggadocious. You seriously just said you couldn’t maintain top control with Frankie against ishihari. I don’t even know what to say to that except you must not understand grappling

Most noticeable aspects of the patch for me is stamina drains faster and strikes have more power

Are you gonna continue to be a retard cause you don't wanna admit you were being a moron? Or is your reading comprehension really just this retarded?

If you didn't jump to assumptions with insults, I clarified I made my comment cause of vice versa of what you assumed

Wow the truth cuts deep doesn’t it? Since I’m such a moron why don’t you drop your Tag and play me. I’ll be Frankie and you be Ishirari.

So you insult me only to challenge me to a fight where youre one of the best guys in the division and im the worst? Lol terrible you pussy

No one is trying to hate on you. This thread is basically a bunch of guys who are top 100 in this game or have been top 100 in many of the past games. If you look through the posts in here there is a decent amount of trash talk from everyone. Even though this is the only UFC 3 thread on the site you have to recognize that 90% of the conversation is around the highest level of the game.

When I complain about the ground or even when UOENO complains about the ground it isn't the normal stuff. Things like Frankie getting up don't register to us. Things like now the transition deny window is only .025 seconds or they changed an animation is the level discussed in here. We all complain and we are all told we suck by others in this thread but the truth is that usually once we figure out what we were doing wrong we realize we did suck.

None of us think the game is great but this is the game we got and all we can do is either not play or master what we have. I don't know how good or bad you are but unless you are top of the leaderboard you aren't going to see what most of the people who post in this thread see. The conversation is around the meta of the current game rather tha the standard gameplay. If you can record an online game and post it we can probably help you see what you are doing wrong but if you just complain about ground control all we can say is it isn't broken. I consider myself bad on the ground but really haven't been finished on the ground more than once or twice. The definition of bad at the game in this thread basically means not top 100.

Anyone understand the stamina changes? Every fight i have it seems like one of us gasses and the other has full stamina. I cant find any rhyme or reason to it. The winner or all my fights seems to be whoever randomly has more stamina in the second round.

Back