• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DWCS, Tuesday, Dana White Contender Series betting thread, MMA

I'm on Vallejos and Sidey by finish. Think these two are contract locks. Sidey especially going to shine here. He's hungry. Brings a better mental game that'd gonna be a competitive edge here imo!

Serhiy Sidey -220 $22.00 to win $10.00
Dione Barbosa -270 $27.00 to win $10.00
Bruno Lopes -550 $27.50 to win $5.00

Sidey is the #2 bantamweight in Canada, champion of two regional promotions.

Dione Barbosa is a former Olympic judoka from Brazil, who has been active in BJJ and trains with Cyborg. Fighting on about a week's notice.

OK, you guys convinced me to hedge down a bit on Barbosa. Incidentally, her opponent is +325 now if anyone is interested.

Dione Barbosa -270 $27.00 to win $10.00 / Raine Guerrero +325 $3.00 to win $9.75 = Barbosa (-246) $17.25 to win $7.00

Agreed.

I get why Barbosa is the big fav, but Rainn isn't terrible. She's scrappy and keeps coming for 3 rounds.

Barbosa might struggle with the short notice against a fighter like that.

Probably Barbosa wins, but definitely not worth betting on at current odds.

Hopefully Rainn lands one of those spinning back fists she likes at some point and makes it interesting.

I expect Barbosa to win purely off of her athleticism but paying juice on a fighter who is not great at any aspect of MMA, has a history of quitting when fights get hard, and who is coming in on very short notice with an already suspect gas tank seems like a clear fade spot.

Going in kinda blind on a Sidey-Vallejo parlay. Seems pretty decent here. Small on Hanekom and a stab at Guerrero to hedge a little.

That one coach after every strike that even comes close to landing. "Oh that hurt him!"

Dude, STFU haha, wow.

Lot of line movement on this upcoming fight, Budka was -110 ish 24 hrs ago.

Jean Silva looks like a good prospect at age 26.

Vallejos looks good, but he slowed down a little once Round 2 started, both in his output (which wasn't high to begin with) and his hand speed (this was all before he got rocked and almost finished in R2). Good thing for him is that he's only 21-years-old.

Early stoppage. Sidey was eating left hands during most of Round 1. Even Dana White made a weird face cuz he knew the stoppage was too early.

I had under 11 minutes on PrizePicks so I'm happy on that front, but that's a TERRIBLE stoppage.

I expect Barbosa to win purely off of her athleticism but paying juice on a fighter who is not great at any aspect of MMA, has a history of quitting when fights get hard, and who is coming in on very short notice with an already suspect gas tank seems like a clear fade spot.

That made sense and I had the same thoughts, but ended up just putting a unit on Barbosa ITD and hoped for the best lol.

Glad Barbosa won, but I wouldn't say she really impressed me.

Landed Barbosa ITD, Sidey/Taveras ITD, and then came even with two bets on the main.

+3u for the card, so pretty happy with that.

Jesus at this point just bet all dogs for a guaranteed profit.
I put a small ML on Robeiro just because he was such a dog / it's LHW and he saved my ass this week.

Don't know about Llontop but I'm tempted by Lewis at dog odds.

Back