DW expects 750k in PPV buys for Sat ... you?

Wouldn't it have made more business sense to announce Lawler vs Hendricks AFTER this card? Seems to have pissed off quite a few PPV buyers

Don't people pre-order PPV? If that's the case he probably has a good indicator.

Wouldn't it have made more business sense to announce Lawler vs Hendricks AFTER this card? Seems to have pissed off quite a few PPV buyers

You think some won't buy this card because of Lawler/Hendricks months away?
Also UFC made the fight because they believe people want to see it

Don't people pre-order PPV? If that's the case he probably has a good indicator.

Not sure why people would pre order a PPV? there's no advantage to that. If anything it's a disadvantage. Just look at TJ vs Renan Bar

My blind guess is around 425K.

This really is one of the best fights the UFC can put on at the moment, so it will be interesting to see as an overall barometer of the sports general health.

I was interested to see that too, but going head to head with the goliath of the entire American sports world (a night time NFL playoff game) is going to have a spoiling effect on that.

I agree. if you are mad at the UFC for making Lawler vs Hendricks III don't order that PPV.

I was interested to see that too, but going head to head with the goliath of the entire American sports world (a night time NFL playoff game) is going to have a spoiling effect on that.

I think it will have less effect than you think.
If it was a division championship game than I get it, but its a WC

I agree the effect will be little to none. PPV's start at 10 pm est. The Ravens vs Steelers start at 8:15 pm Est. Majority of the football game will be over . Even if it bleeds into the PPV, it will surely be over way before the co main event. I would think that most people that get this ppv is for the main event.

I think some people are getting frustrated and giving up on buying PPV's all together

I think that if it hit the 1 million mark Dana would release the numbers to validate an immediate rematch and to validate how great the UFC is doing. that being said I consider what dave Meltzer says as fairly accurate.

This show isn't hitting 1 million. Cowboy helps with the selling, but besides him there isn't much of a draw. I love wathcing Lombard fight, but he is not a draw, not yet anyways.

To fans of that team is certainly doesn't matter and to people who enjoy the NFL they will watch the game. Ravens-Steelers is a huge rivalry and a loser goes home game is big. NFL playoffs only last a couple weeks people will be watching

This show isn't hitting 1 million. Cowboy helps with the selling, but besides him there isn't much of a draw. I love wathcing Lombard fight, but he is not a draw, not yet anyways.

You are right it won't hit a million or even be close. I was just saying if it did, you could bet Dana would release those numbers to the public.

I'm thinking it will be closer to 650k.

I agree the effect will be little to none. PPV's start at 10 pm est. The Ravens vs Steelers start at 8:15 pm Est. Majority of the football game will be over . Even if it bleeds into the PPV, it will surely be over way before the co main event. I would think that most people that get this ppv is for the main event.

Nah the playoffs is full of commercials and such. 10pm is probably going to be right after halftime.

If the rest of the card was great, they could be expecting 1 million.

Can you imagine if they put Silva/Diaz, Gus/Rumble, and GOAT/Siver all on one card? Guaranteed PPV records right there.

With all the buzz around Steven seagal working with cormier? Close to 900K.

Why do so many sherdog posters like to pretend that they are in any way involved in the business ventures of the ufc?

I guessed 650K in a thread about a week ago but thought it deserved better. At 750k it is still a disappointment in the grand scheme of things.

Back