DW expects 750k in PPV buys for Sat ... you?

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/1...t-dana-white-expects-750000-pay-per-view-buys

Still, despite local concerns, UFC president Dana White expressed confidence in UFC 182's pay-per-view buyrate, taking the rare step of naming a number before the event happens.

"I think this fight will do 750[,000 buys], that's where I place the line," White said. "Everyone thinks the pay-per-view thing is dead," White said. "Pay-per-view isn't dead. We just had a bad year."

I was thinking 750-800k too

A few years ago over 1m for sure.

A bit less, 600-650k IMO.

Too bad they don't release the numbers.

I agree ppv isn't dead, just put on better shows. Dc vs jones is the greatest lhw fight on paper but the overall card isn't that strong.
I would be surprised if it did 750k

I wouldn't pay for this card. But then, there have been few I'd be willing to buy in recent years.

Probably spot on I reckon but wouldnt be surprised if it was close to 1 million.

Seeing as they don't release the numbers, he can say what he wants. Although if they did, he's probably in the ballpark at 750

Cheers to her then

tumblr_m9rqebuI6Y1reugqko1_250.png

Pay-per-view ain't dead but you're killing it with sub-par cards. A main event is nothing if the undercard sucks balls. How many REALLY stacked cards did we have last year? Compared to like 2010-2012. DW you spreading the cards too thin. Stop putting big name fighters on Fight Nights and start stacking up the PPV events again and you'll see a rise in PPV numbers.

Seeing as they don't release the numbers, he can say what he wants. Although if they did, he's probably in the ballpark at 750

I think that if it hit the 1 million mark Dana would release the numbers to validate an immediate rematch and to validate how great the UFC is doing. that being said I consider what dave Meltzer says as fairly accurate.

Pay-per-view ain't dead but you're killing it with sub-par cards. A main event is nothing if the undercard sucks balls. How many REALLY stacked cards did we have last year? Compared to like 2010-2012. DW you spreading the cards too thin. Stop putting big name fighters on Fight Nights and start stacking up the PPV events again and you'll see a rise in PPV numbers.

I agree. the free UFC on fox, FS 1 and FS 2 just benefits the casual fans and it's obvious by the numbers that they don't help the PPV numbers. I guess the UFC likes the guarantee Fox money than taking a chance on relying mostly on PPV buys. UFC 182 should have a co main event of JDS vs Stipe and cerrone vs Jurry should kick off the ppv.

I think that if it hit the 1 million mark Dana would release the numbers to validate an immediate rematch and to validate how great the UFC is doing. that being said I consider what dave Meltzer says as fairly accurate.

Meltzer is very accurate
He also reports WWE PPV numbers & those are public & he is usually 5% within the exact number released.
Meltzer's only bad UFC number was Lesnar/Overeem.
Also some PPV numbers were record in court cases & Meltzer's numbers were almost exact.
Dolts say he uses 'google trends' only, but he doesn't.
He has a lot of cable/sat insiders & that is why it usually takes a few weeks. He does report trend figures the day or so after (he is a reporter after all) so dolts get confused.

Its probably going to take a HUGE hit going against Ravens/Steelers in the playoffs. Theres a decent chance the football game doesnt end until after the co-main has started.

Everyone at New Years party was talking about this fight. Which says alot since they arent even fans.

i agree with 750k

Back