DW expects 750k in PPV buys for Sat ... you?

I think of all people Dana would have an idea of what it would be around. Not like he went crazy with his prediction.

Im sure Chris Beal is truly hurt by streaming. His Ppv cut is the majority of his check.

Stop being a troll

First comment was 750,000 should stream instead of paying & making the UFC money
My reply was that hurts fighters

Anybody disagreeing is a troll or truly dumb

Yeah, wouldn't be too surprising really.

Jones last two fights vs opponents who are just highly ranked (not people coming up or stars from other weight classes)

UFC 172 - 350k
UFC 165 - 310k

Jones doesn't sell PPVs. He is carried by his opponents name/prefight nonsense and sadly Dan isn't a big name. This card won't do too great..

You truly are not paying attention to all the hype & publicity if you think less than 400k

Not sure if I'll order it or not. The undercard sucks and I have a hunch the main event will be very boring.

600k tops. Every time they have a big main event are they going to raise the price for PPV or is it just on a steady hike of 5$ a year?

750k was about what I've been thinking it'll do as well.

Ya know, it's kind of sad that their goal is for 750,000 people to see this event.

800K if it happened after the press conference fight. Now, I would say 500-600k buys. The general public just doesn't like or care about Jones. Chael helped sell his fight with Jones. His fight against Glover did 375K buys!

If they didn't add that star five bucks maybe, but I think a lot people will steal this event just as a fuck you for jacking the price. The card overall isn't even that great, it's just the main fight that matters, and they want another five bucks on top of it all. Fuck em. I hope they do under a half mil.

So go watch it in a movie theater you poor schlub. Ticket prices are $20. Or go to BWW get three beers and appetizer for $30. You are pathetic that you encourage stealing and watching some low res stream.

800K if it happened after the press conference fight. Now, I would say 500-600k buys. The general public just doesn't like or care about Jones. Chael helped sell his fight with Jones. His fight against Glover did 375K buys!

yeah I agree if the fight happened when it was originally scheduled the ppv numbers would have been better.

Because 750,000 viewers is an abysmal number for a major event. PPV is incredibly restricting the growth of the sport and the UFC. I don't know why Dana would boast about such an insignificant number. This is the same guy that told us UFC will be bigger than the superbowl.

Yes I know people who don't ever watch fights, who are interested in this fight.

Because 750,000 viewers is an abysmal number for a major event. PPV is incredibly restricting the growth of the sport and the UFC. I don't know why Dana would boast about such an insignificant number. This is the same guy that told us UFC will be bigger than the superbowl.

You do realize the last PPV to sell over 700K buys was GSP vs Hendricks. Jones the best P4P fighter on the planet according to UFC did 370K buys vs GLover!

750k is a great number in this day/age of digital-theft
You cannot compare today to 3 yrs ago

Actually 750k was NEVER an abysmal number in any era.
It would put it in top-20 of all-time UFC's

Less than 700k is disappointing.

Let's keep hoping that DC can just humble this narcissistic clown with his cloud-nine rhetoric. And let's hope millions ... AND MILLIONS ... see it.

Back