Dustin vs Max fight weights

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone know what they weighed during the fight?
Dustin looked so much heavier. Appreciate

The only place I know of that releases that info is the California commission

The size and reach advantage made a huge difference IMO

The size and reach advantage made a huge difference IMO
The size maybe, but the reach was like 3 inch difference. It was Max's first fight at lightweight, that's what made the difference, he needs time, he's still young.

Last edited:
poirer - 168.75

holloway - 172.37

I wouldn't be surprised if they were within 5lbs of eachother, but not all weight is the same. Dustin was clearly the more solid guy in there, where as Max, without having to diet for FW, was skinny fat.

Last edited:
Max looked like he just got back from a cruise vacation all inclusive food

I wouldn't be surprised if they were within 5lbs of eachother, but not all weight is the same. Dustin was clearly the more solid guy in there, where as Max, without having to diet for FW, was skinny fat.
Yeah, Max looked soft. Dustin looked thick and powerful. Max has to have the P4P toughest chin though. He got hit with some bombs and was still just walking forward. He's the Hawaiian Zombie.

That was kind of obvious that this weight transition will be a problem for Max. Even Dustin said before the fight that it will be weird for Max to fight at different weight and Dustin knew this because he already experienced it earlier.

I think Holloway has a great potential at LW. He shouldn’t go back to 145 because he will kill himself soon cutting weight to 145. All he needs is to work on his body and figure out the way to cut more weight and be a little bit bigger/more powerful on a fight day at LW.

Once again, Max is extremely tough. He has a chin. He has power. Even now he was close to beat Dustin (at his prime).

I just hope he won’t go back to 145 it will be the biggest mistake. Vacate 145 belt and focus on working on the body. Once Khabib quits (it will happen soon maybe a year or a year and a half from now) Max could dominate LW division.

They were both relatively the same size, it was mostly a striking fight.

Max wasn't used to fighting someone the same size as himself. He's used to bullying smaller fighters than himself.

I would say Poirier 170-175 and Max 165-170, but Dustin was leaner so effectively had 10 pounds of lean mass or so over Max.

They were both relatively the same size, it was mostly a striking fight.

Max wasn't used to fighting someone the same size as himself. He's used to bullying smaller fighters than himself.
Dustin was obviously much larger in the upper body, Max is skinny as hell up top but the size of his legs really stuck out to me, he's got fat guy legs, a very narrow torso and skinny arms, its kind of strange.

Back