Dustin vs Gaethje COULD be the fight to make in March where BOTH fighters benefit.

Yeah, you've made some really good points with that from both fighters for sure!!

That's what I mean about how good MMA is because look at how fighters always have these resurgences.

I mean 12 months ago would we have said Mas would be headlining MSG or even a contender for a title shot, we'd have been writing him off to fight even some of the middle ranked fighters who we would now say aren't a patch on Masvidal and even 2 weeks ago with Darren Till and Kevin Lee, we wouldn't have given them the time of day where as now that's turned round and considering how much they were knocked it really goes to show.

It's so good because so many fighters can fight each other with different results, as they say styles make fights and we notice that like with Al for example and then the problems he faced with reachy fighters in Hooker and Cowboy, which is a good thing because he can now work on that strengthen his game against those kind of fighters, something he'd not really ran into before.

Al Iaquinta is no less of a fighter than he was when he was beating Kevin Lee, he's just ran into something that's caused a hole in his game which he can now work on fixing and then be a better and stronger fighter in the meantime :)

So how much of a psycho is darren till for calling out yoel Romero?

And how do you think masvidal would do against khabib, given his performance against maia and the heat he is slinging?
Does khabib even have a chance to beat ferguson, gaethje and masvidal back to back to back?

So how much of a psycho is darren till for calling out yoel Romero?

And how do you think masvidal would do against khabib, given his performance against maia and the heat he is slinging?
Does khabib even have a chance to beat ferguson, gaethje and masvidal back to back to back?

Till was drunk hahaha, have you seen his post from today lol :D

Masvidal and Khabib is a difficult one cause Khabib won't move weight due to how he performs at LW and Masvidal might not benefit from cutting weight, I could see Khabib beating him at LW but it would be one hell of a fight. Khabib seems to have quite a chin so unless it was an Askren thing I think it could be hard but Masvidal is on fire and I wouldn't write him off beating anyone lol

I think Khabib can beat all those guys and I think he's more favourable in the Tony and Gaethje fight, I say this as a fan of Gaethje too that on paper it seems in Khabibs favour but I really do feel both those guys are more than capable of beating Khabib for sure and wouldn't be too shocked if they happened to do so, I feel Tony possibly can to be honest but not sure he will if you get what I mean lol

making this fight right now makes zero sense. justin should be fighting kabib or tony at some point lets not ruin that

making this fight right now makes zero sense. justin should be fighting kabib or tony at some point lets not ruin that

When do you think that fight will happen though? Tony and Khabib are not going to fight until at least March then after that they're going to have however many months off Gaethje could end up fighting mid to back end of 2020 if that was the case.

It'll be 6 months in March Gaethje's then not had a fight and if Tony or Khabib didn't fight until at least 4 - 6 months later Gaethje could be without a fight for almost a year or more by that point.

It doesn't work out timing wise.

He needs (and wants) a fight before hand hence why he was going for the Conor thing but so far Conor won't fight him.

When do you think that fight will happen though? Tony and Khabib are not going to fight until at least March then after that they're going to have however many months off Gaethje could end up fighting mid to back end of 2020 if that was the case.

It'll be 6 months in March Gaethje's then not had a fight and if Tony or Khabib didn't fight until at least 4 - 6 months later Gaethje could be without a fight for almost a year or more by that point.

It doesn't work out timing wise.

He needs (and wants) a fight before hand hence why he was going for the Conor thing but so far Conor won't fight him.

i dont think he should fight dustin again. if they both hit win streaks again thats when you match them up for a rematch but right now i think it makes more sense for both of them to fight other people

Because Gaethje has been a legit threat in the division lately, he's had so many first round KO's and has been finishing those fights.

Both these guys are on the way to working towards a title shot so whoever wins would be a step closer to that and derail the other from getting the shot.

As @Celeron mentioned above too, it's pretty much spot on :)
Don't forget there's other guys in the division within that time frame if Dustin loses and takes a couple of steps back the others climb the ladder making it more difficult for Dustin to get another shot at the title. Would hate to see the Diamond succumb to the Florian Effect. ;)

i dont think he should fight dustin again. if they both hit win streaks again thats when you match them up for a rematch but right now i think it makes more sense for both of them to fight other people

Not necessarily, it will determine which moves forward to the title shot and which doesn't.

Unless it's Conor or directly for Khabib there's no one to benefit Gaethje, he benefits them all the time (Hooker, Lee etc..).

Dustin is very selective with his fights and Gaethje is in the right place for Dustin to fight after his loss, we can't expect Dustin to drop too much but he's not going to get a shot at Khabib straight away so needs a good win to earn that also.

It makes perfect sense in all ways, timing, rankings, everything.

Don't forget there's other guys in the division within that time frame if Dustin loses and takes a couple of steps back the others climb the ladder making it more difficult for Dustin to get another shot at the title. Would hate to see the Diamond succumb to the Florian Effect. ;)

He has to take some fight and unless it's Tony, Khabib or Conor Gaethje is the next best bet, which again benefits them both.

Dustin's not going to straight get a rematch with Khabib, Conor is unlikely and is apparently fighting in January so the only possibility left would be Tony if he loses to Khabib but they're aiming to have Tony and Khabib fight in March and Dustin wants to come back in March so if he waited for that Dustin also would be inactive until at least mid - back end of 2020.

He also won't take anyone who's too far below him, he accepted Gaethje if that came around but everyone else he said no, Dan Hooker for example he said you've to get up there first before he'll accept a fight with him which is the same for anyone not up there right now.

He also even said himself Gaethje and him elevate each other (which I saw after I wrote the thread) and he's right, they do.

I wouldn't be surprised if this fight happens around March time, it makes perfect sense from a timing, rankings and beneficial perspective for both these guys.

He has to take some fight and unless it's Tony, Khabib or Conor Gaethje is the next best bet, which again benefits them both.

Dustin's not going to straight get a rematch with Khabib, Conor is unlikely and is apparently fighting in January so the only possibility left would be Tony if he loses to Khabib but they're aiming to have Tony and Khabib fight in March and Dustin wants to come back in March so if he waited for that Dustin also would be inactive until at least mid - back end of 2020.

He also won't take anyone who's too far below him, he accepted Gaethje if that came around but everyone else he said no, Dan Hooker for example he said you've to get up there first before he'll accept a fight with him which is the same for anyone not up there right now.

He also even said himself Gaethje and him elevate each other (which I saw after I wrote the thread) and he's right, they do.

I wouldn't be surprised if this fight happens around March time, it makes perfect sense from a timing, rankings and beneficial perspective for both these guys.
I agree both need/should fight within said time. I also agree Gaethje vs Poirier would be a great match up. I just don't see it as a benefit for Dustin if he loses or that it'll even get booked given whatever else is hyped up at the time and the outcomes of whatever other matches that may occur.

If Gaethje is scared to lose to Poirier then he doesn't even deserve to be in the cage with Khabib.

"I want the best guys. A little bit teach them, just change their face."

I agree both need/should fight within said time. I also agree Gaethje vs Poirier would be a great match up. I just don't see it as a benefit for Dustin if he loses or that it'll even get booked given whatever else is hyped up at the time and the outcomes of whatever other matches that may occur.

It will, if Dustin beat Gaethje it would probably be the most credible win outside of Conor, Tony and Khabib which would no doubt elevate him towards that title shot more than any other fight would. Those three won't take the fight with Dustin anytime soon either so it's the best choice for him and if Gaethje win, that's a given too.

People talk about Gaethje fighting Lee cause he's just won recently or Dan Hooker which as fights themselves would be great and I would look forward to them big time but it is more for them than it is Gaethje who seems to be stuck in this for a while now.

Not necessarily, it will determine which moves forward to the title shot and which doesn't.

Unless it's Conor or directly for Khabib there's no one to benefit Gaethje, he benefits them all the time (Hooker, Lee etc..).

Dustin is very selective with his fights and Gaethje is in the right place for Dustin to fight after his loss, we can't expect Dustin to drop too much but he's not going to get a shot at Khabib straight away so needs a good win to earn that also.

of course dustin wants a big fight he knows he can win. as a fan this makes zero sense. dustin had his shot at the title. justin brings something a little more interesting to the table so why derail that possibility. i think justin can beat dustin but its a fight that will damage both of them intensely for a while when they can just fight a new fight.

It makes perfect sense in all ways, timing, rankings, everything.

If Gaethje is scared to lose to Poirier then he doesn't even deserve to be in the cage with Khabib.

"I want the best guys. A little bit teach them, just change their face."

I don't think Gaethje is bothered, he just wants the best fights whats best for him now and if that happened to be Poirier I'm sure he would.

I mean their fight before it wasn't like Gaethje wasn't giving Poirier a run for his money, Poirier was beat up after that and said himself he didn't think he'd have won had the fight have gone on when he happened to catch Gaethje and rock him (the clip is on the Greatest Fights on Fight Pass where he says this backstage).

Bare in mind Gaethje is a little more calculated now and less reckless as he used to be so it would be a great fight.

McG is being a pussy right now. Why he wants Cerrone as opposed to Gaethje is because he thinks a W more likely than probably getting his legs kicked off by Gae'.

Worst case, he rematches Poirier...another fight he seems not to be keen on.

McG is being a pussy right now. Why he wants Cerrone as opposed to Gaethje is because he thinks a W more likely than probably getting his legs kicked off by Gae'.

Worst case, he rematches Poirier...another fight he seems not to be keen on.

That's the thing ain't it and is Conor gonna get a title shot off the back of Cowboy as opposed to Gaethje?

That's the thing ain't it and is Conor gonna get a title shot off the back of Cowboy as opposed to Gaethje?
knowing how unpredictably ridiculous the UFC can be, it wouldn't surprised my if he did. I'd be against it.

Back