News Dustin Poirier: 'Dana, send me the right contract. Stop playing games!'

yes that makes sense about the gate. Keeps his name in the picture, keeps him visible.

And it would tie in if the UFC sent Poirier a contract with a LOWER amount of money on it, and that would explain what Poirier said by "send me the right contract". So....yes.... it's perfectly logical to think that UFC has NO intention of scheduling a McGregor fight right now with COVID still rampant. So they're dicking Poirier around. That's a shame as Poirier has been nothing but a class act his entire fight career and he is a solid dependable fighter who shows up and puts on GREAT fights. I mean look at the Poirier vs Hooker fight : That was astonishingly good, and long, and violent.

Wish UFC would treat Dustin Poirier right, for once and stop all these silly games.
Maybe they're giving Portier something out the back door though.
He could be in on it too ya know. :eek:<Eek2.0>:eek:

Whatever it is... I'm with you that the Portier fight makes zero sense... & especially during lockdowns. He's Mac's minion atm in that anyone he beats is the MMAth equivilent of Mac beating them, so what does Mac have to gain by fighting him again?
<Neil01>

no not really--mcgregor most likely puts on a clinic far worse than the cowboy execution
Lol your trippin. Dustin has had like 14 fights since their last scrap and is at his natural weight class. His chin will not be comprised due to the extreme cut 145 put on his body. Dustin via better technique and testicular fortitude to take it into the deep. Conor wilts when confronted with a war, the diamond gets stronger.

UFC are a disgrace, They make huge money on Conor's fights, no one at this stage fighting Conor should be making less than a million dollars.

Dustin has paid his dues long enough to have earned a nice payday.

I'd *really* like to see Poirier vs McG at 155lbs in January.

Why do I think that this fight is *not* actually going to happen? I think Conor is just using Poirier as a negotiation tool or something. I do not see Conor McGregor actually signing and turning up to fight the 2020 version of Dustin Poirier at 155lbs. His history shows this to be the likely outcome.

My view is that McG will fight someone else. Probably another uber-tedious McG vs Nate Diaz III.
McG is a ducker par excellence.

I'd be very happy to be proved wrong on that if this fight actually does happen under UFC rules (no silly exhibition fight).
You are out your mind if you think Dustin is a harder fight for Conor than Diaz.

Dustin doesn't have the tools to beat Conor, Nate has already shown he does.

You are out your mind if you think Dustin is a harder fight for Conor than Diaz.

Dustin doesn't have the tools to beat Conor, Nate has already shown he does.
well.... then apparently I am out of my mind (according to you! but not according to me, nope).

I think Poirier is a much much much harder fight for McGregor than Nate Diaz. Dustin Poirier at 155lbs at this stage of his career is a phenomenally hard fight for anyone NOT named "Khabib Nurmagomedov".

Poirier has convincingly beaten in the last 2.5years :
Justin Gaethje (KO)
Eddie Alvarez (KO)
Max Holloway (decision, pulverized him)
Dan Hooker (Decision)

The McG/Poirier 1st fight over 6years ago in a weight-class that Poirier realizes now was too light for him, and he has progressed extremely nicely since then.

I do not believe for 1 minute that McGregor will sign to fight Poirier at 155lbs in 2021. It is all just posturing. Dana knows it, Conor knows it, and I think Dustin is just realizing it. McGregor is documented as wanting to fight Diego Sanchez FFS !! A fighter who is 98% of the way thru his career, who is fairly small, and has about 500,000miles on his engine/tires....

Last edited:
You have until the weekend to sign it Dustin. That's about it..

Porier is in a tough spot. I dont envy him in these negotiations.

Porier is in a tough spot. I dont envy him in these negotiations.

He's about to lose his career in the UFC. Dana will NOT forgive this.. Right or wrong he won't.. Sign the deal..

I'd *really* like to see Poirier vs McG at 155lbs in January.

Why do I think that this fight is *not* actually going to happen? I think Conor is just using Poirier as a negotiation tool or something. I do not see Conor McGregor actually signing and turning up to fight the 2020 version of Dustin Poirier at 155lbs. His history shows this to be the likely outcome.

My view is that McG will fight someone else. Probably another uber-tedious McG vs Nate Diaz III.
McG is a ducker par excellence.

I'd be very happy to be proved wrong on that if this fight actually does happen under UFC rules (no silly exhibition fight).

Reality does not fit your narrative. At all.

I wouldn’t sign shit if I’m not getting a piece of those ppvs.

You are NOT the one selling them.. So you are NOT getting a piece of it..

I actually think the UFC has to pay out so many PPV points to Conor, they just won't give it to any opponent..

Conor is offering to pay more towards Dustin's charity, than UFC are going to pay Dustin to fight.

Lol your trippin. Dustin has had like 14 fights since their last scrap and is at his natural weight class. His chin will not be comprised due to the extreme cut 145 put on his body. Dustin via better technique and testicular fortitude to take it into the deep. Conor wilts when confronted with a war, the diamond gets stronger.

Better technique at what?

At this point no one should agree to fight Conor without either a minimum 2 mil up front or standard purse plus PPV points.

Back