Dustin Poirier complaining about his contracted pay again

Athletes are paid according to their marketability, which is not always following their abilities and accolades. If the pay was only on merit, the dude who climbed El Capitan without ropes would be a billionaire.

492fda76-fde4-11e8-93b7-146c6b325962_1280x720_164624.jpg

That being said, even with that logic I'm not sure why Chandler would be paid more than Poirier.

Is this the guy from that Free Solo documentary?

Insanity, this guy should be the highest paid athlete ever.

Although if he doesn't stop soon....he's probably going to suffer an awful death.

Wow Dana must have really loved Chandler KOing washed Bendo.

Dustin is probably the most exciting fighter to watch and he is top 3 in his weight class. If Dana doesn’t pay the man he’s a bum.

If a newcomer like Chandler gets paid more than Poirier, who's a reliable company man and an action fighter, then he's right to complain.

Dana,
tenor.gif
I can see people complaining during contract negotiations but don't sign something you're not happy with. Good for Chandler if his show money is more that Dustin's show and win. I wouldn't be surprised if he negotiated a straight payout.

He's getting paid 150k/150k to Show/Win. That's really good money for being a non draw or champion.

Obviously I am for better fighter pay but there's only so much the UFC can give you for an event. The only solution is to pay WMMA less on his card

MMA pay is a joke.

People who win getting paid less than people who lose.
This happens in every sport. Tom Brady was paid less than a lot of QBs. LeBron James is not the highest paid basketball player. Mezut Ozil (European footballer for Arsenal FC) gets paid 350K per week to not even be a bench player. LOL

Athletes are paid according to their marketability, which is not always following their abilities and accolades. If the pay was only on merit, the dude who climbed El Capitan without ropes would be a billionaire.

That being said, even with that logic I'm not sure why Chandler would be paid more than Poirier.
not true--do you realize how many times he climbed that same route WITH ropes--like over 100---the point is--practice at being great, and it will pay off--ps. he did get paid

that’s not true at all. Athletes are paid by their skill level. I really don’t know wtf you’re talking about.

Pat Mahomes got paid because of his skill level, not because of his marketability.
Marketability doesn’t win you games or championships.

not true--do you realize how many times he climbed that same route WITH ropes--like over 100---the point is--practice at being great, and it will pay off--ps. he did get paid
the message here to POOirier is to be cool and continue to fight and people will appreciate it.. and pay you

Dustin needs to get better management instead of going to Twitter by himself

I agree. It’s okay to be annoyed, but it isn’t anyone’s fault. Chandler stuck it out until free agency and signed a deal with two organizations competing for him. That’s the reward Chandler got in exchange for the risk that he’d lose his last couple fights and kill his leverage.

It’s easy to take umbrage when a guy you think isn’t as good as you gets paid more. But nobody offers to give the money back when it works the other way. There will likely be a day when some kid beats a 36-year old Poirier on a two-fight losing streak but makes 1/8 of the money. When that happens Poirier isn’t going to say how ridiculous that is and cut the kid a check.

If this is a strategy he’s chosen because he thinks he’s a popular fighter who the fans will back, that’s fine. If he genuinely thinks he’s being wronged because the company doesn’t give him a bump every time he wins (while keeping him the same every time he loses of course) then I think his hostility is misdirected.

This happens in every sport. Tom Brady was paid less than a lot of QBs. LeBron James is not the highest paid basketball player. Mezut Ozil (European footballer for Arsenal FC) gets paid 350K per week to not even be a bench player. LOL

You can’t compare team sports to individual sports.

Imagine the person who lost Wimbledon was paid higher than the dude who won it.

What you’re saying has little merit because MMA is not a team sport.

Why cant they all be like CHIMAEV?
"my manager takes care of that"
"I just want to fight"
WAR KHAMZAT

You can’t compare team sports to individual sports.

Imagine the person who lost Wimbledon was paid higher than the dude who won it.

What you’re saying has little merit because MMA is not a team sport.
You're using a single event. Good looking women players make more in endorsement over the year. Same with male players in golf who have more looks and personality than the boring guys who win more. Get over it

Back