Dustin Poirier complaining about his contracted pay again

Someone knock some sense into me. Was it not Dustin who had to put his signature in agreeing to those numbers?

more
Sounds like he was OK with what he got then, thing is, he just watched Masvidal going from no one to millions in PPV headliner, and well, he doesnt make that, while still fighting the top guys and having wars while at it, i guess the money was ok then, but he feels his stock has risen but he is still tied to 2018 pay.

wouldn't be surprised if khamzat is making more money than him soon....especially if he wins his next fight....everyone wants to see this guy...probably more than anyone else.

BOO FUCKING HOO, you get payed more in one night than most Americans do in an entire year. Fighter pay needs to be reduced to minimum wage.

Trying to hard...

Do you not understand what a salary cap is though? You don’t seem to grasp the simplest of concepts.

I'm talking about teams, which is very obviously different than individual sports we were talking about in the first place. Many teams in many sports have more fans and more money while not actually being the best team.

more

wouldn't be surprised if khamzat is making more money than him soon....especially if he wins his next fight....everyone wants to see this guy...probably more than anyone else.
None of my casuals friends know him. Yet.

They all know Dustin. They all tuned in to Dustin v Hooker because they all knew it was two hard pipe hittin mofo's in there.

That being said, I'm working with a small sample of 3.

In professional sports, never take yourself out of negotiating your skills for more than 3 years at a time. All these athletes taking 8-15 yr deals are stupid and always kick themselves. Sure, you're guaranteed some of that, but that's your set rate no matter what happens. Take Roberto Luongo. He's constantly said his last contact was the worst contract in the history of the NHL (12M/12yrs). Also, let's say you're a solid 30HR and 101RBI type player and you sign for $30/10 years. 3 years in, your suddenly hitting 50 HR and 145RBIs and should be commanding more because everyone around you is. Because you took that long deal though, you'll be underpaid the rest of your career.

Same thing happens with fighting. These guys shouldn't sign more than a 3-4 fight deal. It's possible you're getting a new deal done every 2 years if you're active enough (Dana says he's obligated to offer 3 fights a year/fighter). That's 2 yrs to bet on yourself for the next deal and the deal after that. If you win 9-10 in a row in the UFC, you SHOULD be making millions. At that point you're either a champ or a title challenger.

When you sign 8-10 fight deals like Jon Jones and Poirier did, you'll always feel underpaid compared to the field when they make more on shorter term deals.

On the flip side, I also believe if you sign your name to a contract, that's it. You've sold your soul for whatever amount of time/fights is on that piece of paper. Don't bitch about it because you didn't foresee your industry blowing up around you.

What is Dustin asking for? Why did he sign this contract if it's so bad. He just fought for the title so it seems all that would've been on the table.

Is Chandler really making more than 150/150

I started a thread after his last fight that I thought Dustin would be a HOF inductee one day.. But NOPE.. We can see how this story is going to end. Dustin will fight out his deal. Dana will trash his value and worth..

Then Dustin will be off to Bellator..

Dustin suddenly picked this fight.. Not going to end well with Big Baldy..

Best thing for Dustin to do is fight Tony. Get that fight back on track for your usual pay.. Sitting out won't help matters..

I responded, had he beat Khabib, he would be getting paid millions per fight.

Not sure about millions..

But maybe 500K guaranteed with PPV Bonus..

150/150 is good.. But without the belt Dana and the UFC just screw you..

I said generally speaking. You can’t read.

Dustins comment sticks. Why would Chandler make more than him in a fight. Chandler never even fought in the UFC so it throws everything you said out the window.
Because he signed a better contract to get him to leave bellator. This isn't hard bro

Don’t care about his pay, just wanna see him fight.

Less Twitter more fighting

This would get him the pay day he wants

upload_2020-9-28_20-37-14.png

They all know Dustin. They all tuned in to Dustin v Hooker because they all knew it was two hard pipe hittin mofo's in there.

Hypetrain is on, a matter of time before casuals start hearing about him, honestly i only put a face to the name until his last fight, but its getting there.

Why did he sign such a lengthy contract then ?

yes, I'd agree at the moment. but khamzat is doing things no other fighter has ever done. the way he's switching weight classes and with such frequency...while looking extremely dominant at both weights. Anderson silver did it a couple of times, when he moved up to LHW. but that was many many months separating fights. khamzat has fought 3x is a little over 2 months. which is unreal.

Back