• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dustin Poirier announces he'll be fighting Islam Makhachev next

Who would win this fight?

• Total voters
Some Islam haters need to learn they can just say they dislike Islam no need to disparage or talk down on a top 5 LW of all time like he is Trevor Peek when he is the effin DIAMOND.
Islam haters go as far as to denigrate their own favorite fighters in order to get a few likes on their Islam hate posts.

The disrespect towards DP is insane.

Wrestler falls in love with his striking after a surprise KO victory, a tale as old as time. Makhachinny will get KOd on the feet, but it wont be at the hands of Poirier.

*HINT: Gaethje will be champ before the end of the year*

I don't see anywhere where Dustin announces he's fighting Islam there.

Dana literally cannot help himself. He just needs to give poirier/gaethje/tattoo'd white guy a million shots at the title until one wins.
You think a tattooed white guy is more profitable than a guy who gets entire cards built around him for that Saudi money? Gotta be more creative if you're gonna shoehorn in race stuff lmfao

KKF fight would be a rematch, Albazi is injured (otherwise he would have been the best option) and Mokaev has no business fighting for the title with his last performance.

It is someones manager and Team who is fucking up the LW division. Check that interview with Gaethje.

I'm going to use your logic from Pantoja towards Makhachev.

Makhachev doesn't need to fight Arman or Oliviera as they're rematches using your circumstances that you're using with Pantoja and France so Makhachev essentially has cleared that division, only contenders left are Gaethje and Poirier, Gaethje is booked with Holloway, so only person available is.....Poirier.

So I'm guessing we agree? Poirier deserves it?

I'm going to use your logic from Pantoja towards Makhachev.

Makhachev doesn't need to fight Arman or Oliviera as they're rematches using your circumstances that you're using with Pantoja and France so Makhachev essentially has cleared that division, only contenders left are Gaethje and Poirier, Gaethje is booked with Holloway, so only person available is.....Poirier.

So I'm guessing we agree? Poirier deserves it?
Seriously pal, you can’t be this retarded, that you didn’t get that I was using bathtub logic to reason Pantojas fight with Erceg.

But there is one major difference between Pantoja and your boy. One of them has actual wins against the top ranked fighters in their respective divisions.

Just stop quoting me with your nonsense.
ixsF4tWf_400x400.png

Seriously pal, you can’t be this retarded, that you didn’t get that I was using bathtub logic to reason Pantojas fight with Erceg.

But there is one major difference between Pantoja and your boy. One of them has actual wins against the top ranked fighters in their respective divisions.

Just stop quoting me with your nonsense.
View attachment 1038459

I used your logic, and I got Makhachev vs Poirier.
Arman and Oliviera, both ranked Makhachev beat them just like Pantoja beat France so it doesn't need to happend. He also beat the IV guy Dan Hooker who was ranked.
Gaethje is tied up so that leaves Poirier.

I like your logic, I'm going to use it more often.

I used your logic, and I got Makhachev vs Poirier.
Arman and Oliviera, both ranked Makhachev beat them just like Pantoja beat France so it doesn't need to happend. He also beat the IV guy Dan Hooker who was ranked.
Gaethje is tied up so that leaves Poirier.

I like your logic, I'm going to use it more often.
No you did not.
You got an 2011 account and apparently have no idea what’s going on here.

Stop with your ridiculous race and religion nonsense it is blinding you and prevents you from using common sense.

No you did not.
You got an 2011 account and apparently have no idea what’s going on here.

Stop with your ridiculous race and religion nonsense it is blinding you and prevents you from using common sense.

Huh? I didn't bring up race or religion, I simply used your logic for fights for Makhachev and the Poirier makes sense given the circumstances.

Huh? I didn't bring up race or religion, I simply used your logic for fights for Makhachev and the Poirier makes sense given the circumstances.
No, but this is your imaginary reasoning for constantly harassing and quoting me. I have many times asked you to stop, but you just keep doing that.

You are not here to talk and discuss, you have other agendas and no proof for that. The other trolls here are just putting gas in your flame.

No, but this is your imaginary reasoning for constantly harassing and quoting me. I have many times asked you to stop, but you just keep doing that.

You are not here to talk and discuss, you have other agendas and no proof for that. The other trolls here are just putting gas in your flame.
You're bugging out, I guess I'll leave you alone, all I did was try to be reasonable and use your own mindset for bouts in other divisions and used it for Makhachev, I guess your logic only works for other fighters but not Islam.

Cheers enjoy fight week.:)

You think a tattooed white guy is more profitable than a guy who gets entire cards built around him for that Saudi money? Gotta be more creative if you're gonna shoehorn in race stuff lmfao
PPV > Live Gate. The proof is in the matchmaking. How much preferential treatment do Poirier, Gaethje, Colby, Strickland, etc get to get that sweet shithole state money?

How does Dustin get a title shot with a 1 win streak?! Nonsense

Y'all nuts. Diamond about to shine and put a title on that legendary resume.

War Dustin!

KKF fight would be a rematch, Albazi is injured (otherwise he would have been the best option) and Mokaev has no business fighting for the title with his last performance.

It is someones manager and Team who is fucking up the LW division. Check that interview with Gaethje.

Pantoja never fought KKF, quit the B.S.

PPV > Live Gate. The proof is in the matchmaking. How much preferential treatment do Poirier, Gaethje, Colby, Strickland, etc get to get that sweet shithole state money?
I can see where you're coming from and don't think it's baseless, but it's not just ppv vs live gate. In a world where PPV is dying, international superstars seem pretty clearly to be the most valuable commodity cus of functioning as bridges to markets with millions of loyal fans that bring value beyond traditional ppv sales in the form of growing the sport and building regional stars.

To your point, Colby is the best example of a guy getting undue preferential treatment and def a fair point, but tbh it’s pretty intellectually lazy to lump Dustin and Justin in w him when Colby’s a pretty unique example and entirely dissimilar to them beyond the shallow fact that they’re simply whiteys(w tattoos lol). Colby is very specifically and intentionally marketing himself to the ‘let’s go Brandon’ and trump segment of society who also happens to be one of Dana buttbuddies, so there’s a slimey connection that benefits him no doubt.

Now let’s dig in to the preferential treatment of the other guys:

Strickland wasn’t the plan, he was a replacement opponent vs Izzy then had the performance of his life which made him champ. He then loses the belt in a fight some people think was controversial(not me). If he was getting the preferential treatment you say then the UFC had a golden opportunity to run it back and give him another chance at being the guy when he campaigned for the ddp rematch. Instead, they moved on to DDP vs Izzy, a fight with two guys who are international stars. So you’re right that the proof is in the matchmaking, but it’s going a different direction. And fwiw, I imagine Sean is gonna go back to being the apex/fight night guy now.

Justin and Dustin are literally walking performance bonuses and are tenured, world-class vets who both beat rising prospects in Fiziev and BSD to defend their positions. Now Gaethje is in a more or less meaningless (but fun af) fight he didn’t have to take, and if he wins, he’s not guaranteed to be Islam’s next fight, so not sure what’s preferential and unfair about that.

About Dustin, he’d only be Islam’s next fight cus the UFC fucked up w their timeline(plus Islam asked for it…), so now Arman, Olives, and Gaethje are all booked and can’t really be relied on to make the turnaround to fight Islam so soon after 300, leaving Dustin, who is also the guy Islam very specifically asked for.

That being the case, Dustin being the guy Islam asked for actually is moreso proof of Islam’s preferential treatment since he’d be getting the guy he tried to pick, prob in Saudi Arabia in June, who also happens to be a good matchup for him. This is all obviously for Islam. Dustin would just be the guy in the right place, right time to be offered up to a guy who is ‘supposed‘ to beat him.

And if somehow Gaethje ends up as Islam’s next fight, it could again be argued that Islam would be getting favorable matchmaking since Gaethje’s weaknesses play to Islam’s strengths unlike someone like Arman. In other words, the UFC would be ‘feeding’ dangerous but beatable vets to bolster Islam’s resume and stardom before the matchups with less upside for him. Sending Justin or Dustin to fight Islam, a bad matchup for either, in the Middle East is not doing them a favor lol; it’s to Islam’s benefit.

PS I don’t blame you if you don’t wanna read all that, I wouldn’t really either. It’s all good
<5>

Last edited:
Back