Dustin has the 2nd lowest TDD after Darrell Horcher in khabibs last 5 fights

I'm not even trying to defend Conor smh but acting like Khabib is an insane finisher is just dumb. Decision vs Al, Decision vs Barboza, took till the 4th with Conor, 3rd with Johnson, Decisions with Trujillo, Healy and RDA before that.

He has to spend a long time on top before then trying to muscle out a submission when his opponents fade.
Well i'm not a khabib fan , but he has very slick top control and he takes zero damage, every 10sec that he is on top, his opponents loose stamina, but he never go for crazy submision, and most people from about 3 years ago are preparing for his heavily grapling style.
So he is better every round slowly but surely. I just hope Dustin doesnt break and delivers.

Everyone who fights Khabib is gonna get taken down no matter how high his stats are (see Barboza) the question is what is his opponent gonna do down there and while the fight is on the feet.

I gotta tell you, you're not making a very good case here trying to point out Dustins weakness using numbers.

Look at the stats buddy, those strikers you're talking about didn't even attempt to take him down. Between Conor, Pettis, Johnhson, Holloway, Gaethje, Green, Duffy, Mederios, and Koch who are all strikers. There was 1 TD attempt by Pettis in all those fights.....1 TD between those 9 fighters! So all those strikers you're talking about, didn't even try to take him down.

The guy has nearly 80% tdd over his majority of his UFC career. And the guys that have good offensive wrestling that he's fought in Alverez and Miller, who are the best wrestlers he's faced that attempted to take him down a lot he defended 85%. So yah, I'd say his tdd is pretty dam good.

The fighters that did try and take Dustin down are Alverez in two fights, Miller, Brandao and Ferreira who have strong grappling games. And in those 5 fights his tdd is 86%.
bro. i honestly am not going to read that long. the downside of reading that much is most ppl will get turned off and not even read the first few words. use less words.

But he's better on the ground than any of those guys. This is a perfect example of why stats don't matter. Barboza supposedly has the highest TDD but we all know that pressure wrestlers are his kryptonite.

Maybe, but not good enough. TFerg is the only LW who's good enough with subs, scrambles, elbows, etc off his back to possibly make it interesting. There are a few others with good submissions, like Nate and Pettis, but both of them have been LnP'd by lesser wrestlers like Clay Guida.

This is a pointless fight, especially since Khabib's last two fights were against strikers. Let him fight TFerg. And let's see if someone with a strong wrestling background (Gillespie or Gaethje) can win a few more fights and get a title shot. I have my doubts about Gaethje's current TDD and wrestling, but Gillespie may be a dark horse.

Well i'm not a khabib fan , but he has very slick top control and he takes zero damage, every 10sec that he is on top, his opponents loose stamina, but he never go for crazy submision, and most people from about 3 years ago are preparing for his heavily grapling style.
So he is better every round slowly but surely. I just hope Dustin doesnt break and delivers.
Khabib is great but Poirier has very good BJJ and sub defence and is no doubt levels above Khabib striking. Also Poirier has a freakish recovery between rounds that stops him gassing hard and is what allowed him to stay competitive with Holloway for 5 rounds.

More than likely Khabib has to work hard for 25 minutes hitting takedowns constantly to win each round and a decision if he's to win.

Another one of you clowns that follow stupid numbers like "significant strikes" which mean absolutely nothing. Real life isn't a vidya game.

bro. i honestly am not going to read that long. the downside of reading that much is most ppl will get turned off and not even read the first few words. use less words.

I know you read it lol...you just have nothing to come back with. I'll make it simple...

Dustin faced 9 strikers.....those 9 strikers tried to take him down 1x total (Anthony Pettis), the rest didn't attempt any TD's. (Holloway, Conor, Johnson, Green etc)

Dustin faced 5 fighters with strong grappling that did try and apply a td game....his tdd % in those fights is 86% (Alverez, Miller, Ferreira and Brandao)

Most of his UFC career his tdd is nearly 80%

Got it now?

Poirier has had 81% TDD since 2014 and the only guy to ever get any top control time after getting him down was Jim Miller who had his back for 30 seconds before getting reversed. Thats it.

I know you read it lol...you just have nothing to come back with. I'll make it simple...

Dustin faced 9 strikers.....those 9 strikers tried to take him down 1x total (Anthony Pettis), the rest didn't attempt any TD's.

Dustin faced 5 fighters with strong grappling that did try and apply a td game....his tdd % in those fights is 86% (Alverez, Miller, Ferreira and Brandao)

Most of his UFC career his tdd is nearly 80%

Got it now?
i swear to whatever god you believe in i didnt read more than 5 first words of any reply you sent on this thread. im not trying to upset you. im being honest. in this post i only read as far as "i know you read".

im not the curious to know what you have to say bro. im sorry but its the truth.

The only Stat that matters is 27-0..it will soon be 28-0. It does put a slight worry out when his manager and contract are both with him winning and who's next. I dont think it will effect khabib tho really. He is very mentally strong and I don't think he is looking past dustin. He has a great team, actually 2 teams that are helping him get ready and have champions and killers left and right helping him get ready. Camp is soon, and it should be interesting seeing them both getting ready and how they are approaching it. Dustin kinda hit a high point with the Interim title win... Like he had made it to the top. That worries me more for him than khabibs manager looking to future fights really. If Dustin comes in without the fire that brought him to the fake belt, it will be very bad for him.

Ohh for sure. It is an unknown whether or not Dustin’s cardio will be good enough to still pack the same heat in the later rounds that he does earlier in the fight. Especially since he will be grappling a lot.

But Dustin hits hard. I’m still surprised at how he made Max look like a child. Max was eating absolutely bombs from Aldo like they were nothing.
That is the reason why weight classes exist.
Sherdogers often think one weight class up or down isnt playing a big difference in the fight. It plays HUGE difference in the fight. 99 percent of the time fighter from higher weight class will win with reach, height, power and weight. It is such a huge advantage. Fighter going up has huge disadvantage always. The smaller fighter wins in case his skills are miles ahead of the heavier fighter only.
I was pretty sure Dustin was going to win his scrap with Max.
Khabib will smash Dustin and it wount be pretty.
Dustin is good fighter but he wount be champion.

The only Stat that matters is 27-0..it will soon be 28-0. It does put a slight worry out when his manager and contract are both with him winning and who's next. I dont think it will effect khabib tho really. He is very mentally strong and I don't think he is looking past dustin. He has a great team, actually 2 teams that are helping him get ready and have champions and killers left and right helping him get ready. Camp is soon, and it should be interesting seeing them both getting ready and how they are approaching it. Dustin kinda hit a high point with the Interim title win... Like he had made it to the top. That worries me more for him than khabibs manager looking to future fights really. If Dustin comes in without the fire that brought him to the fake belt, it will be very bad for him.
i agree. they already started camp though. Dustin is talking like he achieved it all already, like you said. and is already saying that he has a family to fall back to in case anything happens in his foot truck diaries interview.

i agree. they already started camp though. Dustin is talking like he achieved it all already, like you said. and is already saying that he has a family to fall back to in case anything happens in his foot truck diaries interview.
He seemed like it was a huge relief, like he had made it to the top when he beat max. I like max, but he is a 45er and doesn't have the same effectiveness at 55 as we saw. Dustin just seems like he got big headed to me, but we will see in Oct.

@MMAViewer
Oh the Holloway fight? Remind me how many lightweight wins does Holloway have? What wrestling credibility does Holloway have? Remind me how many times did Holloway shoot?

The last guy that tried to wrestle Poirer did. Dustin was very fortunate with the illegal elbow vs a shot Alvarez.

Maybe, but not good enough. TFerg is the only LW who's good enough with subs, scrambles, elbows, etc off his back to possibly make it interesting.

That's a big assumption there. Poirier is way better on the ground than Conor, Michael Johnson, or Barboza, who are all essentially helpless there. For how dominant he has been, there are still a lot of questions about Khabib.

That's a big assumption there. Poirier is way better on the ground than Conor, Michael Johnson, or Barboza, who are all essentially helpless there. For how dominant he has been, there are still a lot of questions about Khabib.
is he better than RDA? conor is better than dusty on the ground and in the wrestling department. khabib will prove it.

I stand by what I said, but if Dustin can prove me wrong, more power to him. When I think of him on the ground, my memory goes back to the schooling he got from the Korean Zombie.

@MMAViewer
Oh the Holloway fight? Remind me how many lightweight wins does Holloway have? What wrestling credibility does Holloway have? Remind me how many times did Holloway shoot?

The last guy that tried to wrestle Poirer did. Dustin was very fortunate with the illegal elbow vs a shot Alvarez.
Holloway has great TDD and MMA grappling. Easily shutdown legit grapplers like Lamas. Also Alvarez got to that position off a failed guillotine by Poirier, not his great wrestling. Every TD attempt he shot got stuffed, and Eddie is a very solid grappler.

Back