Dungeons & Dragons brethren... come hither.

Which Class were you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just finished up a 5E campaign in Ravenloft. Used an Eldritch Knight, which I liked a lot. We just started an Undermountain campaign and I'm using a monk. We'll see how that goes.

I'm not surprised they got picked up by Amazon. The massive success of the kickstarter put the streaming services on notice for sure.

I contributed to the kickstarter and am looking forward to getting some of the rewards when they come out.

Can't wait for the show to stream, even if it's not gonna be till end of 2020.

Dare I say I've even thought about them making a Lord of the Rings style movie?

Haha sorry.
So our party consisted of a human cleric, wizard, half orc fighter, elf sorcerer, and me, a dwarf bard. The DM and cleric are the two that have played before so they were helping coach us along as we stumbled our way through the short scenario our DM wrote up before his Storm King's Thunder book arrives.

We started off in an inn inside a town that has just recently been attacked by hill giants. The mayor of the town has put up a bounty on the giants in an attempt to get the town's food and supplies back that the giants stole. We all sign up and hit the road headed to the giants' last known location. On the road they're waylaid by some bandits and then a couple of hill giants who they manage to take down. As they search the giant's belongings they find a large treasure sack, and when they open the sack out falls an unconscious dwarf.

I join their party and head with them to a keep where we meet the town's militia forces who have also been sent to track down the giants. We spend the night and are attacked by a group of fire giants. Surprisingly we take down the giants fairly easily, mostly thanks to my spells and some very clutch rolls. Our DM was a bit pissed about us being so successful which I thought was funny. The session ended with us venturing forth in search of the rest of the giant encampments.
We are supposed to play next week, I'm excited to start the legit campaign

What level is everyone starting at? So you were the unconscious dwarf? Kudos to the DM. Sounds like a cool way to bring you into the story. Was there any back story to how you wound up in the sack?

@Omegaboy13 there are people out there that'd stab you for saying that, D and D for life holmes

I'm not worried about a bunch of mountain dew drinking, cheeto stained fingered, basement dwelling masturbators with no upper body strength trying to stab be with some LOTR looking dagger they bought at a flea market.

@Omegaboy13 there are people out there that'd stab you for saying that, D and D for life holmes

I'm not worried about a bunch of mountain dew drinking, cheeto stained fingered, basement dwelling masturbators with no upper body strength trying to stab be with some LOTR looking dagger they bought at a flea market.

Funny and accurate... but he ain't lyin':
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vi...wnpx/dragons-in-the-department-of-corrections

@Protectandserve

So I'm on C1 E64 now. I'm sad to think I'm halfway through the campaign now.

It seems Sam has a crush on Ashley. Does he or is he just joking?

Are there any other videos to watch besides Between The Sheets that gives insight into past D&D games they've played, characters, etc.?

my brother sold his optimus prime transformer to a kid down the street and he murdered his friend while playing d and d

@Protectandserve

So I'm on C1 E64 now. I'm sad to think I'm halfway through the campaign now.

It seems Sam has a crush on Ashley. Does he or is he just joking?

Are there any other videos to watch besides Between The Sheets that gives insight into past D&D games they've played, characters, etc.?

It is just his character I believe, as far as the crush thing goes.

And you are right in the middle of the chroma conclave action!

And yeah the Between the Sheets is the best way to get info on the episodes and get some background stuff.

@Danger Dave
Wait... what?
Your brother sold an Optimus Prime to a guy who killed someone (for reals) during a D&D session? Did they make a TV movie about it?

Last edited:
It is just his character I believe, as far as the crush thing goes.

And you are right in the middle of the chroma conclave action!

And yeah the Between the Sheets is the best way to get info on the episodes and get some background stuff.

So I just finished E64. Thoughts below in spoiler. When are you playing again?

The burial of Tiberius was interestingly emotional. It seemed like Matt, Laura, and Marisha were all genuinely sad, perhaps because of the breakup of their friendship or the death of an in-game/out-game friend. Travis seemed to be more stoic and not give a F-. But then I think he resumed his character role and cared enough to bury him. Somewhat sad but Orion made his own choices and now he had to lay in them.

So I just finished E64. Thoughts below in spoiler. When are you playing again?

The burial of Tiberius was interestingly emotional. It seemed like Matt, Laura, and Marisha were all genuinely sad, perhaps because of the breakup of their friendship or the death of an in-game/out-game friend. Travis seemed to be more stoic and not give a F-. But then I think he resumed his character role and cared enough to bury him. Somewhat sad but Orion made his own choices and now he had to lay in them.
Playing now.

Currently cleaving a horde of goblins with my Dwarf Fighter in full plate. Having a blast.

I'll give my thoughts on that in spoilers later.

Do tell!

Thoughts on the spoiler?

I thought the way they want him off was nicely done by Mercer. Even though if you read some of the issues and things going on with Orion it is obvious the dude was an absolute mess. Apparently was cheating his dice roles, lying about his spell usage etc, and that's just in game stuff.

He had a ton of wild personal shit going on too, DV, drug use, etc that you could tell was just bringing everyone down.

Game was fun as hell. Only 2 of us showed but we still played the continuation of our previous one. Basically a push to a town besieged by goblins.

Along the way we lost our horse to a goblin attack. So we ended up on foot, running battle with goblins.

3 big battles with them. So it was my fighter and a cleric. Did pretty well overall as we are both level 3. Enjoying Pathfinder rules and the amount of feat choices. Cleave and improved initiative helped out tremendously.

Smashed our way through the ambushes and fights. Then basically did a run through to the town. Each day consisted of various ambushes, based on our perception checks and stealth check.

Luckily me being in full plate shrugged off most the attacks or we would have been hosed.

Made it to the town and ended it there for the night. Hoping we can pick it up in 2 weeks with a few more players. DM is good about incorporating characters in and out of the story. So we will see.

I thought the way they want him off was nicely done by Mercer. Even though if you read some of the issues and things going on with Orion it is obvious the dude was an absolute mess. Apparently was cheating his dice roles, lying about his spell usage etc, and that's just in game stuff.

He had a ton of wild personal shit going on too, DV, drug use, etc that you could tell was just bringing everyone down.

Game was fun as hell. Only 2 of us showed but we still played the continuation of our previous one. Basically a push to a town besieged by goblins.

Along the way we lost our horse to a goblin attack. So we ended up on foot, running battle with goblins.

3 big battles with them. So it was my fighter and a cleric. Did pretty well overall as we are both level 3. Enjoying Pathfinder rules and the amount of feat choices. Cleave and improved initiative helped out tremendously.

Smashed our way through the ambushes and fights. Then basically did a run through to the town. Each day consisted of various ambushes, based on our perception checks and stealth check.

Luckily me being in full plate shrugged off most the attacks or we would have been hosed.

Made it to the town and ended it there for the night. Hoping we can pick it up in 2 weeks with a few more players. DM is good about incorporating characters in and out of the story. So we will see.

Dang, that does sound fun. Whenever I watch CR, it makes me want to start playing Baldur's Gate again.

Does anyone occupy the town? Humans? Or is a town full of goblins? Don't trust anyone! lol

Have you played again? What's happened since?

So I'm on C1 E69.

Percy dies in episode 68. Interesting. Do you think the others knew he would die? There didn't seem to be the level of worry or surprise as in episode 19 when they fought the white dragon and Scanlan and Percy were both down to one death save. I do admit it was nice to see a character die to show that it can happen. Although I think it brings up the question of do you really want the characters to die as a DM and do you want to die as a player? All that time Taliesin invested in Percy. I think it would be difficult to let go. Travis with Grog on the other hand, I think he'd be totally happy to die as long as it was glorious. He'd just roll a new character and go on with it. Thoughts?

Have you played again? What's happened since?

So I'm on C1 E69.

Percy dies in episode 68. Interesting. Do you think the others knew he would die? There didn't seem to be the level of worry or surprise as in episode 19 when they fought the white dragon and Scanlan and Percy were both down to one death save. I do admit it was nice to see a character die to show that it can happen. Although I think it brings up the question of do you really want the characters to die as a DM and do you want to die as a player? All that time Taliesin invested in Percy. I think it would be difficult to let go. Travis with Grog on the other hand, I think he'd be totally happy to die as long as it was glorious. He'd just roll a new character and go on with it. Thoughts?

Have not had a chance to play again. My fridays got busy.

I went to the Roll20 Lost Odyssey The Book of Knowledge show in Glendale. Deborah Ann Wohl was the DM one of the fridays. She kicks ass as DM. Fun event but surprisingly empty, like maybe 1/4 of the theater occupied.

As far as the deaths go, I think Mercer handles it very well.i like his 3 offerings style and increased DC for success on each death. Gives it some suspense.

Also I feel they have invested tons into their characters so a death hits hard. Season 2 has this and its rough.

Have not had a chance to play again. My fridays got busy.

I went to the Roll20 Lost Odyssey The Book of Knowledge show in Glendale. Deborah Ann Wohl was the DM one of the fridays. She kicks ass as DM. Fun event but surprisingly empty, like maybe 1/4 of the theater occupied.

As far as the deaths go, I think Mercer handles it very well.i like his 3 offerings style and increased DC for success on each death. Gives it some suspense.

Also I feel they have invested tons into their characters so a death hits hard. Season 2 has this and its rough.

Have you watched Relics and Rarities? If so, how would you compare it to CR?

Have you watched Relics and Rarities? If so, how would you compare it to CR?
Its different much more laid back on the rules because of Deborah Ann Wohl's style.

I enjoyed it a lot the actors and guests on it are phenomenal. Charlie Cox, Matthew Lillard, Kevin Smith, etc.

I like that it is more of a mystery/investigation style with some combat mixed in. She gives her players lots of roleplaying options to win out of combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back