Dungeons & Dragons brethren... come hither.

Which Class were you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I play 40k now, I know to measure from the base.

There’s been a noticable resurgence after Stranger Things of D&D. The store I frequent even built a high dollar War Room. Glad to see some kids actually getting out and interacting with each other.

I've played tabletop once or twice but I'm familiar with the different universes from games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights, and I think it's an awesome way to get kids or people in general socializing. I hope it sees a resurgence. Some of my fondest memories are of fucking around Neverwinter realms when I was 15-16. Tabletop is probably even more fun.

Just got the Fifth Edition "Essentials Kit."
I've been dragging my feet on YouTube channels for pro wrasslin' and another for D&D. First video for the latter might be a comparison between starter set, essentials kit, and the Stranger Things set.

Play yet?

Got to play at the LGS last night. Just a one shot.

Our group got hired to track down a Lemure by a local wizard. The Lemure was in the red light district.

Our group ended up being an elf rogue, a human cleric, a half orc barbarian and my dwarf war cleric.

Our rogue took the lead, decided to engage in debauchery to find the Lemure. Our human cleric was lawful good and not a fan of the decisions. Half orc was a snob, only drinking fine wine, eating gluten free meals and paying for extra for fancy rooms.

After me burning a spell for detect evil we narrowed down our search. Discovered our demon and followed him to a brothel. Our elf decides to sleep with a succubus who hated the other demon.

He lost all but one hit point but managed to get the demon to leave the brothel. Chase ensues through the city.

We then get in a confrontation with a group of bandits trying to mug the disguised demon. Elf rogue threatens bandits and fight is on.

Combat ensues, human cleric misses his first spell, bandits miss majority of their attacks, barbarian rolls garbage and misses, rogue lands a bow shot. Finally my turn. Smash the first bandit with my warhammer. Use war priest for second attack and bash second one.

Round goes again, human cleric obliterates a bandit with guiding bolt. Literally like 3x damage over the bandits health. Barbarian again misses horribly. Rogue lands another bow shot. Bandits attack and drop barbarian and human cleric down to low levels of HP.

My turn again, smash the next bandit into the wall and I'm now 2 kills in, war priest again and drop the other one low enough that rogue kills him with an arrow. Last bandit flees.

Chase continues with demon, who tries to hide and finally gets murked by barbarian with his first and only hit of the night. Put demon on the gem of containment, return to quest giver, get paid.

TLDR: got to play a fun one shot involving debauchery, demons and some funny rolls and roleplaying by players. War domain cleric is fun for a good melee and spellcasting mix.

All in all a fun time, with a decent group and a solid DM. Looking forward to the next one next Friday.

Play another game yet?

Play another game yet?
Played a dungeon crawl of pathfinder run by another DM, it was fun. One more D&D session. It was pretty good but DM for that one kinda let it drag a bit, still had fun.

Now kinda a regular thing for me, D&D and Pathfinder alternating Friday nights. Having a blast

6b6936efe970f13d7d7c3842a6761642.jpg

Dragons of Winter Night muh fuckaaaaas.

e78zyIZi_0211171101451gpadd.jpg

DRAGONLANCE-Dragons-of-Winter-Night.jpg

DRAGONLANCE-Dragons-of-Spring-Dawning.jpg

And finally:

DRAGONLANCE-Dragons-of-Summer-Flame_horiz.jpg

Loved Dragonlance, had a bunch of the other books but sold them all off while in college.

Still have:

259815.jpg
51Gy0FXEFJL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Had tried reading the Lost Chronicles and the War of Souls but they just weren't that good on top of some shitty editing.

Was the writing of the originals better? IIRC they were all quite average, kind of young-reader type stuff. I read those before Tolkien's books and used to want a tv/movie adaptation but after GOT and the tv Shannara chronicles flop, there is no interest anymore.

D&D is a little to nerdy, even for me. Don’t get me wrong, hung around in the same circles with D&D peeps in multiple arenas, just couldn’t get into it. Maybe it’s on account of my lack of imagination, or maybe my huge penis.
i more gamma world rifts guy..

@Protectandserve Is there any talk of Critical Role campaign 3? If so, are all the regulars going to play?
They are still like midway through campaign 2. I'd assume there will be a 3.

It's more popular now then ever, they just got deals with Funko Pop and Mcfarlane Toys for licensed merchandise and have the animated series coming sometime next year.

And going to see this event in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing Deborah Ann Wohl DM in person.
https://alextheatre.org/event/roll20-presents-lost-odyssey-the-book-of-knowledge

Last edited:
I could have swore the last trip to Target I saw they carry the D&D paper RPG game.

They are still like midway through campaign 2. I'd assume there will be a 3.

It's more popular now then ever, they just got deals with Funko Pop and Mcfarlane Toys for licensed merchandise and have the animated series coming sometime next year.

And going to see this event in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing Deborah Ann Wohl DM in person.
https://alextheatre.org/event/roll20-presents-lost-odyssey-the-book-of-knowledge

I heard they're going to become action figures. Cool. Do you watch or recommend any others similar to Critical Role?

That event looks interesting. A theatrical production?

I heard they're going to become action figures. Cool. Do you watch or recommend any others similar to Critical Role?

That event looks interesting. A theatrical production?

I think its gonna be a similar format to Critical Role.

I haven't watched any other ones but heard good things about The Glass Cannon from a friend.

https://glasscannonpodcast.com/

Played my first session yesterday with some people from work. Six of us total, only two had ever played before. It was a blast

Played my first session yesterday with some people from work. Six of us total, only two had ever played before. It was a blast

Do tell. What races and classes? Short summary of what happened? When are you playing next?

Do tell. What races and classes? Short summary of what happened? When are you playing next?

Seriously. This is like telling normal people you met a bunch of hot chicks. Details, man. Details.

Seriously. This is like telling normal people you met a bunch of hot chicks. Details, man. Details.
Haha sorry.
So our party consisted of a human cleric, wizard, half orc fighter, elf sorcerer, and me, a dwarf bard. The DM and cleric are the two that have played before so they were helping coach us along as we stumbled our way through the short scenario our DM wrote up before his Storm King's Thunder book arrives.

We started off in an inn inside a town that has just recently been attacked by hill giants. The mayor of the town has put up a bounty on the giants in an attempt to get the town's food and supplies back that the giants stole. We all sign up and hit the road headed to the giants' last known location. On the road they're waylaid by some bandits and then a couple of hill giants who they manage to take down. As they search the giant's belongings they find a large treasure sack, and when they open the sack out falls an unconscious dwarf.

I join their party and head with them to a keep where we meet the town's militia forces who have also been sent to track down the giants. We spend the night and are attacked by a group of fire giants. Surprisingly we take down the giants fairly easily, mostly thanks to my spells and some very clutch rolls. Our DM was a bit pissed about us being so successful which I thought was funny. The session ended with us venturing forth in search of the rest of the giant encampments.
We are supposed to play next week, I'm excited to start the legit campaign

@Protectandserve

Wow. Look at this.

Update #23
BIG NEWS: Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machina is Coming to Amazon Prime Video!
469a660f9552681e9c75621113877dcf_original.png

Critical RoleCreator
November 5, 2019

Hello, bees!

We slyly hinted towards sharing some really big news and today is the big day!

Our friends at Amazon have partnered with us to broadcast Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machina exclusively on Amazon Prime Video! And that’s not all… This partnership has allowed us to create TWO ENTIRE SEASONS and an additional TWO episodes per season. That’s a total of 24 episodes of animated Vox Machina goodness that we cannot wait to share with you.

What’s more, Amazon is throwing their support behind the show, allowing us to improve on the quality of the animation, the score, the special effects – you name it. And with 24 episodes to play with, instead of just 10, we’ll not only complete the entire Briarwood storyline in the animated series, but we’ll forge ahead into other classic Vox Machina story arcs as well!

Our lovely Kickstarter backers (hey, that’s YOU!) will still have an opportunity to watch the two-part special that kicks off the series before anyone else AND because you’re a backer, you'll be able to access the first season for free. We’re still working out all of the logistical details and should have an update around how all of this will work in late 2020.

We also announced a few more key players on our creative team, each mega-talented in their craft:

• Laura Bailey, Taliesin Jaffe, Ashley Johnson, Liam O’Brien, Matthew Mercer, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegel, and Travis Willingham (executive producers): Along with stepping back into their roles as the voices of Vox Machina, our cast will also serve as executive producers of the animated series.
  • Brandon Auman (executive producer): You may know Brandon as the executive producer of Star Wars Resistance and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as well as his writing on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Blade Runner: Black Lotus.
  • Chris Prynoski (executive producer, Titmouse): Chris is pretty much the guy that makes all the Titmouse magic happen and has played a major role in a bunch of cool animated projects, like Big Mouth, Niko and the Sword of Light, Tigtoneand The Venture Brothers.
  • Sung Jin Ahn (supervising director): Sung Jin is an Emmy-Award nominated director and has worked alongside Chris as the director for Niko and the Sword of Light, as well as other incredible projects like Motorcity and TRON: Uprising.
Our crazy little show was born on Twitch and we’re absolutely thrilled at the opportunity to continue to grow and develop deeper roots within the Amazon ecosphere.

We love you all very much and… Is it Thursday yet?

<3

Critical Role

@Protectandserve

Wow. Look at this.

Update #23
BIG NEWS: Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machina is Coming to Amazon Prime Video!
469a660f9552681e9c75621113877dcf_original.png

Critical RoleCreator
November 5, 2019

Hello, bees!

We slyly hinted towards sharing some really big news and today is the big day!

Our friends at Amazon have partnered with us to broadcast Critical Role: The Legend of Vox Machina exclusively on Amazon Prime Video! And that’s not all… This partnership has allowed us to create TWO ENTIRE SEASONS and an additional TWO episodes per season. That’s a total of 24 episodes of animated Vox Machina goodness that we cannot wait to share with you.

What’s more, Amazon is throwing their support behind the show, allowing us to improve on the quality of the animation, the score, the special effects – you name it. And with 24 episodes to play with, instead of just 10, we’ll not only complete the entire Briarwood storyline in the animated series, but we’ll forge ahead into other classic Vox Machina story arcs as well!

Our lovely Kickstarter backers (hey, that’s YOU!) will still have an opportunity to watch the two-part special that kicks off the series before anyone else AND because you’re a backer, you'll be able to access the first season for free. We’re still working out all of the logistical details and should have an update around how all of this will work in late 2020.

We also announced a few more key players on our creative team, each mega-talented in their craft:

• Laura Bailey, Taliesin Jaffe, Ashley Johnson, Liam O’Brien, Matthew Mercer, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegel, and Travis Willingham (executive producers): Along with stepping back into their roles as the voices of Vox Machina, our cast will also serve as executive producers of the animated series.
  • Brandon Auman (executive producer): You may know Brandon as the executive producer of Star Wars Resistance and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as well as his writing on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Blade Runner: Black Lotus.
  • Chris Prynoski (executive producer, Titmouse): Chris is pretty much the guy that makes all the Titmouse magic happen and has played a major role in a bunch of cool animated projects, like Big Mouth, Niko and the Sword of Light, Tigtoneand The Venture Brothers.
  • Sung Jin Ahn (supervising director): Sung Jin is an Emmy-Award nominated director and has worked alongside Chris as the director for Niko and the Sword of Light, as well as other incredible projects like Motorcity and TRON: Uprising.
Our crazy little show was born on Twitch and we’re absolutely thrilled at the opportunity to continue to grow and develop deeper roots within the Amazon ecosphere.

We love you all very much and… Is it Thursday yet?

<3

Critical Role

I'm not surprised they got picked up by Amazon. The massive success of the kickstarter put the streaming services on notice for sure.

I contributed to the kickstarter and am looking forward to getting some of the rewards when they come out.

Can't wait for the show to stream, even if it's not gonna be till end of 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back