Dungeons & Dragons brethren... come hither.

Which Class were you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its different much more laid back on the rules because of Deborah Ann Wohl's style.

I enjoyed it a lot the actors and guests on it are phenomenal. Charlie Cox, Matthew Lillard, Kevin Smith, etc.

I like that it is more of a mystery/investigation style with some combat mixed in. She gives her players lots of roleplaying options to win out of combat.

Is there anyplace you know of to buy painted D&D miniatures? Or do they usually come unpainted?

Is there anyplace you know of to buy painted D&D miniatures? Or do they usually come unpainted?
Wizkids has a line of pre-painted minis [LINK] but I have no direct experience with them; photos suggest the painting is rudimentary and can often be sloppy (probably some poor asian lady painting hundreds of them a day for pennies). Reaper is probably the biggest supplier of cheap gaming figures, especially after releasing their Bones line a number of years ago, but they are unpainted.

You might also want to check out Etsy, you might be able to find some decent deals there from smaller studios/individuals.

It's worth grabbing a reaper kit and trying to paint your own. It's like 25 bucks and it's fun.

I have a handful of reaper minis I painted for characters and its fun.

But I second the Wizkids suggestion and that they do look a bit sloppy. Barnes and Noble usually stocks the basic adventure group minis.

@Protectandserve Well, this was very interesting. Episode 73 at about 1 hour 5 minutes. Right after Scanlan is punched by Jarett. Vax insight checks Scanlan and decides to use luck. Travis makes a comment something like, "You're going to use luck for that?" Liam says, "Yeah, it's just a game, I'm having fun with my friends" with kind of a dick-ish tone. It seemed like it caught everyone off guard. You know how people laugh when they're uncomfortable? Marisha laughs, Laura gives Travis a look, Travis raises his eye brow with a "Fuck you" sentiment. Vax goes on to tell Scanlan he's in love (Keyleth), but I honestly think he was talking about Laura. For a long time now, I get the sense that Liam is really in love with Laura and thinks she shouldn't be with Travis.

What do you think? Drama or I'm a conspiracy theorist? :D

@Protectandserve Well, this was very interesting. Episode 73 at about 1 hour 5 minutes. Right after Scanlan is punched by Jarett. Vax insight checks Scanlan and decides to use luck. Travis makes a comment something like, "You're going to use luck for that?" Liam says, "Yeah, it's just a game, I'm having fun with my friends" with kind of a dick-ish tone. It seemed like it caught everyone off guard. You know how people laugh when they're uncomfortable? Marisha laughs, Laura gives Travis a look, Travis raises his eye brow with a "Fuck you" sentiment. Vax goes on to tell Scanlan he's in love (Keyleth), but I honestly think he was talking about Laura. For a long time now, I get the sense that Liam is really in love with Laura and thinks she shouldn't be with Travis.

What do you think? Drama or I'm a conspiracy theorist? :D

Yeah I noticed that too. It was uncharacteristically harsh for Liam.

I know he went through some serious personal shit during season one. Can't remember exactly when. I think his mom had cancer.

Yeah I noticed that too. It was uncharacteristically harsh for Liam.

I know he went through some serious personal shit during season one. Can't remember exactly when. I think his mom had cancer.

I watched a little bit more of that episode last night. A few minutes after it happens I see Laura turn to Travis and seemingly mouth to him, "Are you okay?" Travis seems to mouth back, "No." Then she started writing things on a piece of paper to him and at times she held her right hand up on the side of the paper which looked liked she didn't want Liam to see what she was writing. Ah well, we all have our moments. I still think Liam was in love with Laura. Some type of Shakespearean love triangle going on.

Merry Christmas everyone. May your tankards always be full and your swords sharp.

1513680793.tatara94_dnd_christmas_p.png

Haven't been able to play for a bit the Friday group kinda fell apart.

@Protectandserve

Wow. C1 E85 - A Bard's Lament. I did not see this coming. Scanlan left? Actor-wise, Sam did a great job. He looked pissed. Travis is amazing. While Liam and Taleisan were going on with their soliloquies, Travis speaks the fewest words and has the most impact. "I'm sorry I didn't ask your mom's name." I'm just at the point where Sam is talking as Taryon Darrington. I'm not sure if Sam is going to be playing a new character now, Scanlan is gone forever, or what is going to happen. It's definitely got me intrigued again. No spoilers please.

Anything new with you? Still haven't played?

@Protectandserve

Wow. C1 E85 - A Bard's Lament. I did not see this coming. Scanlan left? Actor-wise, Sam did a great job. He looked pissed. Travis is amazing. While Liam and Taleisan were going on with their soliloquies, Travis speaks the fewest words and has the most impact. "I'm sorry I didn't ask your mom's name." I'm just at the point where Sam is talking as Taryon Darrington. I'm not sure if Sam is going to be playing a new character now, Scanlan is gone forever, or what is going to happen. It's definitely got me intrigued again. No spoilers please.

Anything new with you? Still haven't played?

Dude he played that so freaking well it wasn't even funny.

Had shift change and haven't had a chance to play in a while.

Change again in May and should get a chance to play some hopefully.

Just started up a 2nd edition campaign with some old freinds over Skype, had a blast our first few sessions just remembering how to make characters and then our usual 1st/2nd session chaos of wreaking havoc wherever we go. It's a home brew world so our DM is essentially letting us decide what to so and he is just rolling with it.

I also stabbed a wench to death with my bow, which was something new.

Just started up a 2nd edition campaign with some old freinds over Skype, had a blast our first few sessions just remembering how to make characters and then our usual 1st/2nd session chaos of wreaking havoc wherever we go. It's a home brew world so our DM is essentially letting us decide what to so and he is just rolling with it.

I also stabbed a wench to death with my bow, which was something new.

Is everyone starting at level 1? How many players? What are the classes?

I played my first two games via zoom during this plague and enjoyed myself a bunch.

My character is Danny DePenguin; I base him on The Penguin from Batman Returns. Thief with crossbow. Cause I got that umbrella.

It’s been fun. Still a lot of it I don’t get.

Is everyone starting at level 1? How many players? What are the classes?

We decided to start at level 4, because the wizard class at level 1 is not worth a damn unless they are super creative with cantrips and have some useful non-combat proficiencies. And honestly, most people arent that good at it.

And there is 4 players, one DM. I'm a Ranger, then there is a wizard, a rogue, and a cleric. So no big tanky people, which makes for more fun combat since you have to play smarter.

Warrior fun group .... Wizard serious group....

In Albuquerque we had some big circles that played after hours in the 80s/90s. I played with 2 shop owners who ran magic night the same night so they could bring the serious players after closing.

The GM was skilled enough and the world was so on going you could hear about players that are 10yrs or older because he kept sheets and put it into his world stew .. We could side bar as he called it to do or ask anything ...Other players respected this no matter what ... This rule was never to be challenged ... If I asked in a side bar what the elves hair smelled like nobody would be like "the fuck man"... Nobody would go get a soda while your asking questions... You were almost forced to care about this 1 above all rule.... He loved taking on the challenge of being a GM.

Example would be the party I was with at 4am on a Friday night...4 wizards and me.... We got to a town that he said maximized every inch of space the steel and stone wall protected...It was a town filled with the most gifted of all races and places of time that flesh/blood occupied .... We got lucky on a roll by the highest intel we had and got into a town nobody else had in 5 yrs ... People talked to us about it at the next magic night ...I knew the power of a good GM when people were jealous of my Warrior being able to read books / talk to mystic characters this GM made in the early 80s .... Sounds so insane typing that up lol

My Warrior never left that town and over 2 years he became somebody nobody wanted to group with because It was never apart of what was going on... The "Mean while back in town the Warrior does this" got annoying but on my end my Warrior became a status / idea / play style that was added to the GMs idea.

Warrior became a psycho that drilled tunnels miles under the ground ... The GM thought this was a great end to a Warrior that was dumb as nails but was able to learn the knowledge of the wise an think digging tunnels underground was logical. My guy was cursed because other players liked playing with me but hated my warrior so much they got together and made him mad.

This GM ran off the idea of taking from the books up till 95 "I think" an using the rules he liked / ideas to add to the on going world. It's amazing how certain people are gifted the curse of imagination on that level.... Must suck to wipe your asshole and think of a race of shit monsters with ethical issues about flopping in vs being placed into the water on tissue. You ain't real shit unless u drop down like the rest of us!

Older D&D gives to many options for players today because everybody wants to exploit/be funny ... Kind of sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back