Dude outside my apartment with pitbull, becoming threatening? Analyze situation plz

I would buy one of these:
A Caucasian Shepard will eat that dude AND his dog.
OIP.iF8lD_V_oSFTb35oKRA6eQHaEp

The goon with a pitbull took a grunt outside your window?

Like a bigfoot taking a burly shit grunt?

no-shave-november-crazy-eyes.gif

They were caught for attempting to steal a cart of shopping from a local grocery store.

They weren't playing they were kicking a basketball against apartment windows.

And yes, a "dude" who mean-mugs everyone, has a shaved head, tattoo's up and down his arms, stands threateningly, radiates anger and aggression, and owns a large pitbull is to me, a knuckle-head.
If you would have said he was mean mugging people and explained the kicking the basketball against windows part the responses would be a lot different lol. You gave no details on what the kids were doing exactly, made it sound like they were just playing football.

If you would have said he was mean mugging people and explained the kicking the basketball against windows part the responses would be a lot different lol. You gave no details on what the kids were doing exactly, made it sound like they were just playing football.

Of course not and it gets a lot worse but the OP was long already.

He's saying they were kicking a basketball against the building windows and that they stole a shopping cart, idk why he didn't say that from the start.

They didn't steal shopping cart;

They stole a cart full with shopping as in, cart + groceries - and got apprehended by security.

Of course not and it gets a lot worse but the OP was long already.
Yeah but why did you say they were playing football and not that they were kicking a basketball against the windows?? That's a massive difference. Then with the guy all you said is he looked douchey, said "hot hot hot" and made some grunting noises.

Where'd he get the Pitbull, they're illegal in the UK....?

Maybe the whole " hot, hot , hot " thing is how he thinks of you and the grunting noises are what hears the pair of you doing ?

They didn't steal shopping cart;

They stole a cart full with shopping as in, cart + groceries - and got apprehended by security.
We're encountering the same problem again, you never mentioned it being full of groceries lol.

Basically I moved into an apartment on the ground floor of a complex about 6 months ago.

I used to live on the top floor so didn't have to put up with this type of thing but that place was sold so now my ground floor apartment opens out onto a courtyard which caters to three apartment buildings.

It's quiet most of the time (there were some feral kids playing football there but I complained to management and they got it sorted).

Now this individual, he lives in one of the other apartment blocks that encircle the courtyard (not my building, but same complex).

He hangs out in the courtyard frequently, normally talking on his phone or tablet and walking his dog (a pitbull).

When I saw him initially I immediately though "billy bad ass, tough guy type who wants to look intimidating".

But after a few greetings back and forth he seemed to keep to himself so I figured, bit a knuckle head but mature enough not to cause issue.

Whatever happened the other day he was walking by me, middle of the summer and pouring rain so he made a joke by saying, "hey mate, amazing weather!", to which I laughed and said, "yeah, hell of a summer we're having".

He walked on and then about 10 seconds later I heard him say, "hot hot hot" in a smart-ass kind of way.
It felt weird like, he was almost being a little confrontational, no idea where this came from.

Next thing he appears again across the courtyard going the opposite direction and says it again, "hot hot", again kind of smart arse like he's trying to clown me, but of course alpha male heads don't clown, they confront trying to disguise it as clowning.

Whatever, no big deal.

He disappears into his building.

He appears again 2 minutes later (don't know where he was going but it felt like he was doing some chores around his apartment so was up and down), this time as he'd been a smart-ass, felt confrontational, I look up at him and look him in the eye, waiting for him to say something as to convey, are we going to do this?

He makes like he's oblivious and wanders on.

I go back in my apartment for 5 minutes (I was out in the courtyard getting some fresh air, was why I saw him in the first place), then get my shoulder bag and leave to get milk in the store.

I see him again wandering across the courtyard, this time he looks up and sort of sheepishly tries to make direct eye contact like vaguely conveying, "what's up!?".

I just glance away and move along. All no big deal at all really......

Until, just now I heard this aggressive voice walking by my apartment (obviously he knows where I live as I'm on the ground floor). It's making this sounds like, grunts of aggression and I can hear them they're being directed toward me, as in whomever is making them is walking by, facing my apartment and making aggressive and loud-grunting-sounds.

I figure it is someone who must be drunk and looking for a confrontation.

I look out from behind my blinds and that same knuckle-head with the pitbull has just passed.

In other words, he's walked by my apartment, faced it, made aggressive loud grunting sounds that sound territorial and confrontational, toward it........

......... what is it, does he feel threatened by me and wants to assert his place?

Or do I trigger an inferiority complex in him and he wants to show me who the alpha male is and I should know my place, or what?

Again, a knuckle head type, and it's possible this was a once off, but I'm more inclined to believe he may become increasingly confrontational - cause that's what his type typically does.

Good thing is, with the kids, I couldn't hit them. Management had to sort that but this is a full grown man so a confrontation won't implicate me as badly if it gets physical.
But he walks always with a full grown pitbull.

So it stands to reason that calling the cops will be the next step, absolutely no doubt, if this escalates.

I'm not the territorial type, I could care less about "social status" associated with being "Johnny-bad-ass", but for whatever reason I do seem to consistently elicit these types of responses from the "gangster/tough-guy" types.
It's uncanny, perhaps my personality or appearance, but it happens frequently, only this idiot lives in my proximity.

What are your thoughts?

Experience with this type?

How do you think it will play out?

(PS - FWIW, he's Polish, the "bad-ass" polish type. I live in the UK).

I dunno... fuck the dog while making eye contact with the owner to assert your dominance?

Hmm. Depends. What is the size of your hovel? Height, width? Do you have seating to accommodate guests? Do you own cutlery? Or is it more of a one chair deal? These questions will allow me to gauge your social status and determine an appropriate course of action

Basically I moved into an apartment on the ground floor of a complex about 6 months ago.

I used to live on the top floor so didn't have to put up with this type of thing but that place was sold so now my ground floor apartment opens out onto a courtyard which caters to three apartment buildings.

It's quiet most of the time (there were some feral kids playing football there but I complained to management and they got it sorted).

Now this individual, he lives in one of the other apartment blocks that encircle the courtyard (not my building, but same complex).

He hangs out in the courtyard frequently, normally talking on his phone or tablet and walking his dog (a pitbull).

When I saw him initially I immediately though "billy bad ass, tough guy type who wants to look intimidating".

But after a few greetings back and forth he seemed to keep to himself so I figured, bit a knuckle head but mature enough not to cause issue.

Whatever happened the other day he was walking by me, middle of the summer and pouring rain so he made a joke by saying, "hey mate, amazing weather!", to which I laughed and said, "yeah, hell of a summer we're having".

He walked on and then about 10 seconds later I heard him say, "hot hot hot" in a smart-ass kind of way.
It felt weird like, he was almost being a little confrontational, no idea where this came from.

Next thing he appears again across the courtyard going the opposite direction and says it again, "hot hot", again kind of smart arse like he's trying to clown me, but of course alpha male heads don't clown, they confront trying to disguise it as clowning.

Whatever, no big deal.

He disappears into his building.

He appears again 2 minutes later (don't know where he was going but it felt like he was doing some chores around his apartment so was up and down), this time as he'd been a smart-ass, felt confrontational, I look up at him and look him in the eye, waiting for him to say something as to convey, are we going to do this?

He makes like he's oblivious and wanders on.

I go back in my apartment for 5 minutes (I was out in the courtyard getting some fresh air, was why I saw him in the first place), then get my shoulder bag and leave to get milk in the store.

I see him again wandering across the courtyard, this time he looks up and sort of sheepishly tries to make direct eye contact like vaguely conveying, "what's up!?".

I just glance away and move along. All no big deal at all really......

Until, just now I heard this aggressive voice walking by my apartment (obviously he knows where I live as I'm on the ground floor). It's making this sounds like, grunts of aggression and I can hear them they're being directed toward me, as in whomever is making them is walking by, facing my apartment and making aggressive and loud-grunting-sounds.

I figure it is someone who must be drunk and looking for a confrontation.

I look out from behind my blinds and that same knuckle-head with the pitbull has just passed.

In other words, he's walked by my apartment, faced it, made aggressive loud grunting sounds that sound territorial and confrontational, toward it........

......... what is it, does he feel threatened by me and wants to assert his place?

Or do I trigger an inferiority complex in him and he wants to show me who the alpha male is and I should know my place, or what?

Again, a knuckle head type, and it's possible this was a once off, but I'm more inclined to believe he may become increasingly confrontational - cause that's what his type typically does.

Good thing is, with the kids, I couldn't hit them. Management had to sort that but this is a full grown man so a confrontation won't implicate me as badly if it gets physical.
But he walks always with a full grown pitbull.

So it stands to reason that calling the cops will be the next step, absolutely no doubt, if this escalates.

I'm not the territorial type, I could care less about "social status" associated with being "Johnny-bad-ass", but for whatever reason I do seem to consistently elicit these types of responses from the "gangster/tough-guy" types.
It's uncanny, perhaps my personality or appearance, but it happens frequently, only this idiot lives in my proximity.

What are your thoughts?

Experience with this type?

How do you think it will play out?

(PS - FWIW, he's Polish, the "bad-ass" polish type. I live in the UK).

I'm not going to lie - I'm not sure how saying "hot, hot, hot" is directly confrontational. Weird perhaps, but I wouldn't think he is doing it to start a fight.

I have a feeling that you may have read into the situation too much, and as a result, changed your body language/demeanor that resulted in him escalating the situation (generally speaking, I don't think a guy saying "whats up?" is an invitation to a fight, but I also don't know how he said it. I do know that not responding when a person is talking to you will be interpreted as rude).

The part that is concerning is that he is walking outside your door and making grunting sounds - that is a sign of somebody who isn't working with a full deck of cards, and as a result, could be unpredictable.

My suggestion, do nothing and ignore him. If you see him again in the near future, kill him with kindness - when somebody is being aggressive/confrontational, the last thing they expect is someone to be friendly. As an example, when I was in my 20s, if I went to a bar/club, I would get mean mugged by guys who would say something to the effect of "You think your tough?", or "You think your big?" etc. (for context, I was a bodybuilder) - my answers always threw them, "No, why would I?", "No, I actually think I'm too small". My favorite was when I was in a Florida on vacation with my family, and this kid who was with his friends started chirping "Steroids make your dick shrink". I turned to him and said "Actually steroids make your testicles shrink, the size of your penis remains the same". They burst out laughing and we ended up chatting for a bit.

My point is, don't escalate a situation if you can avoid it. I have been guilty of this in the past, and it's important to keep a cool head and avoid confrontation unless you are forced to.

They were caught for attempting to steal a cart of shopping from a local grocery store.

They weren't playing they were kicking a basketball against apartment windows.

And yes, a "dude" who mean-mugs everyone, has a shaved head, tattoo's up and down his arms, stands threateningly, radiates anger and aggression, and owns a large pitbull is to me, a knuckle-head.
Story would have been cooler if he beat your incel ass at the end.

Back