Dude outside my apartment with pitbull, becoming threatening? Analyze situation plz

Offer yourself to his dog. It’s the only way to make peace .

Basically I moved into an apartment on the ground floor of a complex about 6 months ago.

I used to live on the top floor so didn't have to put up with this type of thing but that place was sold so now my ground floor apartment opens out onto a courtyard which caters to three apartment buildings.

It's quiet most of the time (there were some feral kids playing football there but I complained to management and they got it sorted).

Now this individual, he lives in one of the other apartment blocks that encircle the courtyard (not my building, but same complex).

He hangs out in the courtyard frequently, normally talking on his phone or tablet and walking his dog (a pitbull).

When I saw him initially I immediately though "billy bad ass, tough guy type who wants to look intimidating".

But after a few greetings back and forth he seemed to keep to himself so I figured, bit a knuckle head but mature enough not to cause issue.

Whatever happened the other day he was walking by me, middle of the summer and pouring rain so he made a joke by saying, "hey mate, amazing weather!", to which I laughed and said, "yeah, hell of a summer we're having".

He walked on and then about 10 seconds later I heard him say, "hot hot hot" in a smart-ass kind of way.
It felt weird like, he was almost being a little confrontational, no idea where this came from.

Next thing he appears again across the courtyard going the opposite direction and says it again, "hot hot", again kind of smart arse like he's trying to clown me, but of course alpha male heads don't clown, they confront trying to disguise it as clowning.

Whatever, no big deal.

He disappears into his building.

He appears again 2 minutes later (don't know where he was going but it felt like he was doing some chores around his apartment so was up and down), this time as he'd been a smart-ass, felt confrontational, I look up at him and look him in the eye, waiting for him to say something as to convey, are we going to do this?

He makes like he's oblivious and wanders on.

I go back in my apartment for 5 minutes (I was out in the courtyard getting some fresh air, was why I saw him in the first place), then get my shoulder bag and leave to get milk in the store.

I see him again wandering across the courtyard, this time he looks up and sort of sheepishly tries to make direct eye contact like vaguely conveying, "what's up!?".

I just glance away and move along. All no big deal at all really......

Until, just now I heard this aggressive voice walking by my apartment (obviously he knows where I live as I'm on the ground floor). It's making this sounds like, grunts of aggression and I can hear them they're being directed toward me, as in whomever is making them is walking by, facing my apartment and making aggressive and loud-grunting-sounds.

I figure it is someone who must be drunk and looking for a confrontation.

I look out from behind my blinds and that same knuckle-head with the pitbull has just passed.

In other words, he's walked by my apartment, faced it, made aggressive loud grunting sounds that sound territorial and confrontational, toward it........

......... what is it, does he feel threatened by me and wants to assert his place?

Or do I trigger an inferiority complex in him and he wants to show me who the alpha male is and I should know my place, or what?

Again, a knuckle head type, and it's possible this was a once off, but I'm more inclined to believe he may become increasingly confrontational - cause that's what his type typically does.

Good thing is, with the kids, I couldn't hit them. Management had to sort that but this is a full grown man so a confrontation won't implicate me as badly if it gets physical.
But he walks always with a full grown pitbull.

So it stands to reason that calling the cops will be the next step, absolutely no doubt, if this escalates.

I'm not the territorial type, I could care less about "social status" associated with being "Johnny-bad-ass", but for whatever reason I do seem to consistently elicit these types of responses from the "gangster/tough-guy" types.
It's uncanny, perhaps my personality or appearance, but it happens frequently, only this idiot lives in my proximity.

What are your thoughts?

Experience with this type?

How do you think it will play out?

(PS - FWIW, he's Polish, the "bad-ass" polish type. I live in the UK).
So you are worked up because he said "hot hot" ?? Sounds like you are the one with an issue.

Did not read OP and based on scan of comments that seems prudent.

Anyway answer to any such question is to find and throw an innocent child in the opposite direction and when Pitbull goes to kill him, touch the guy with teh jab.

Who in the UK calls it a shopping cart? It's a fucking trolley.

Get a portable bee hive setup. Deploy as needed.

So you are worked up because he said "hot hot" ?? Sounds like you are the one with an issue.
Yeah, I’m guessing TS conveniently left out the part where he instigated this whole thing. And if he didn’t do that, I know he at least walks around mad dogging his male neighbors, hoping they look away first so he can have a self esteem boost and think he won some kind of tough guy staring contest.

But his neighbor has a pit bull, so it is not exactly outside the realm of possibility that he’s a total d-bag too.

I think this thread is what happens when an unstoppable douchebag collides with an immovable douchebag.

Ok first thing leave chocolate around for the pit bull

second thing eat some chocolate

Third thing train with The Iceman Chocolate L for KOs

Random person: *sneezes*
OP: WTF, did that person just sneeze?
Random person: [Glances in OP's direction]
OP: They looked at me. Did they know the sneeze would bother me? Oh my God, they planned this. Why do people always harass me?!

Yeah, I’m guessing TS conveniently left out the part where he instigated this whole thing. And if he didn’t do that, I know he at least walks around mad dogging his male neighbors, hoping they look away first so he can have a self esteem boost and think he won some kind of tough guy staring contest.

But his neighbor has a pit bull, so it is not exactly outside the realm of possibility that he’s a total d-bag too.

I think this thread is what happens when an unstoppable douchebag collides with an immovable douchebag.

What is a douchebag?

Like, literally?

When did it come to mean what you're referring to it as?

I saw him yesterday.

He was giving me the dead eyes.

I waved.

He waved back. I think it's squashed.

For now.

Back