Dude builds underground bunker from 42 buried buses

HUGHPHUG

AL CAPS YO
@Gold
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been done, found it interesting

5cd9d41f24000059007eab29.jpeg

This is Bruce Beach, dude got a load of school buses and dug a big hole, put buses in it back in the early 80's in Toronto, Horning Mills
ark2_4.jpg

Then connected all the buses up like a maze.
Poured concrete on top of it all, then 15' of soil.
Made himself a nuclear fallout bunker.
Ark-Two-Nuclear-Bunker-Bruce-Beach.jpg

Over the years he has continued to work on it (probably not as much as has gone into this post), it is designed to house 500 people.
Powered by diesel generators, it's got running water, septic tanks, a radio shack HQ thing, a church or whatever you call it, a decontamination room. It's got tellys and radios and can communicate overground with any mutant survivors. Loads of beds and toilets.
Bruce would like mostly children to stay in event of a nuclear war. Ummm OK Bruce, that actually makes sense, but is also a little unsettling.

you can watch TV shows about this

Take a tour with Bruce if you will

I think that I'll take my chances with the NUCLEAR WAR that is annihilating everything outside of this base.

Whenever I try to imagine what's inside this bunker, I always think of something from Silent Hill.

I also think of the H.H. Holmes House/The Murder Mansion.

I bet he's whacked off in every bus too

Prepper level: Supreme Fool.

You never tell the world where your SHTF home is.

Or 10 Cloverfield Lane

I think that I'll take my chances with the NUCLEAR WAR that is annihilating everything outside of this base.

Whenever I try to imagine what's inside this bunker, I always think of something from Silent Hill.

I also think of the H.H. Holmes House/The Murder Mansion.

Government DUMBs exist, also mountain installations like Mt Weather. If anything, reconstruction of society will be done by those who come outside from within such facilities, not the private sector bunker bodies.

It's a nice sentiment though, believing in it serving its higher purpose, without things going all Lord of the Flies down there. Misguided and naive perhaps, but somewhat endearing. The man seems to be a hopeful one, which is nice.

Projects like this are interesting to me regardless, because it shows what a single person can do with some motivation and a focused will. Props to this guy for creating a bunker of such scale, all by himself, whether or not it ever gets to serve its intended function.

Mt Weather

Back