Drug testing at UFC events in Brazil.

UFC applies the same testing procedures that the athletic commissions administer through a laboratory.

man i was gonna say that! i hope it was vitor he was talking about. i mean there is no way he could have won that fight unless he was doped right? cmon man i like bisping but he was legititamently beat.....

Yes, but the point of this thread is to elaborate on any differences.

So if you could elaborate on the UFC standards that would be helpful -also what it the difference in the Canada testing that causes alarm on here. And also- what does the piss test look for as a standard versus doing blood/hair for comprehensive results.

I think no one here will give this answer for you. As far as I remember, their standards are the same as the comissions. Piss test for banned substances and hormone levels.

I leave the other questions for someone that knows how these tests are done, I don't know the difference between blood and piss.

i think that would be bashing right?

pretty obvious if you rewatch.

Anyway you are bashing fighters, not with names but bashing without base, worst, if you dont give name you are gossiping too, awful thread, good for a quantum of old gossips, not for a serious forum

man i was gonna say that! i hope it was vitor he was talking about. i mean there is no way he could have won that fight unless he was doped right? cmon man i like bisping but he was legititamently beat.....

First, I am not trying to bash fighters but want to understand the standards, methods, tests, and frequencies and who does htem in what countries.

Second, I have not mentioned Vitor as suspect for this fight -nor do I think in any world Bisping beats him, nor is this thread for the purpose of undermining Vitor's win tonight.

They test, leben got busted during the uk show which means no ac.

Anyway you are bashing fighters, not with names but bashing without base, worst, if you dont give name you are gossiping too, awful thread, good for a quantum of old gossips, not for a serious forum

I am asking for the details, facts, and differences in testing between locations -and I think it is a valid question -as no one seems to really know the facts so far -nor have I ever seem a comprehensive explanation of such.

Second, the dramatic physique difference of 2 fighters made this question occur to me tonight -but I have not accussed anyone of using for the fight -I have no idea, no proof, or really an interest in discussing specific fighters -It just made me wonder if their are loopholes.

Many prior threads have suggested their are differences in out of country events.

Also to pretend that this isn't a valid line of questioning is absurd -fighters are popped all of the time, tests are not looking for everything, and many fighters in the past have looked for advantages.

Are you burying your head in the sand like a baseball fan or do you want to understand the standards?

I think the UFC policy is to do it themselves like the commission would if it were Nevada. I believe they do that for every card without a commission.

However legitimate or not that is, it's to keep up appearances and silence the critics. There have been a couple of guys legitimately busted under that too. Leben being an example.

They test, leben got busted during the uk show which means no ac.

I know they have tests at every event. I want to know the what, when, why , how of each site. Are they standard in every country including timing?

No one here has these answers laid out in detail I am guessing.

It's just a giant nebulous guess as to the details of the uFC' testing and AC testing of each country/state right?

Pretty sure the UFC's testing has resulted in more failures then state AC's over the past 2 years so they're clearly testing.

I think the UFC policy is to do it themselves like the commission would if it were Nevada. I believe they do that for every card without a commission.

However legitimate or not that is, it's to keep up appearances and silence the critics. There have been a couple of guys legitimately busted under that too. Leben being an example.

Ok, now with that in mind if every UFC event outside the US adhears to Nevada AC standards and practices -what are those standards?

What Tests and for what drugs/PEs?
What Methods?
What frequency?

I'm trying to learn something here -not bash a fighter.

I know they have tests at every event. I want to know the what, when, why , how of each site. Are they standard in every country including timing?

No one here has these answers laid out in detail I am guessing.

It's just a giant nebulous guess as to the details of the uFC' testing and AC testing of each country/state right?

Yes, because the UFC is a private company and nobody posting in this topic works for them. They aren't obligated to release that information, but I can tell you that they've caught and suspended 5 fighters on the past 3 international events they've had (Bonnar/Herman at 153, Silva at Macau, Palhares/Beltran at FX 6) and they recently changed their policies regarding drug testing so that every fighter on the card gets tested. They're cracking down on it.

Pretty sure the UFC's testing has resulted in more failures then state AC's over the past 2 years so they're clearly testing.

Ok, what are the differences in UFC standards versus ACs?

I'm just trying to get the facts.

I just found this...

These changes will cause the UFC to revamp how they conduct drug testing for events outside the U.S. Now, all fighters competing overseas are subject to a drug test before their bouts. The new policy changes will go into effect on Jan. 19, when UFC on FX7 takes place in Sao Paolo, Brazil.

http://www.stack.com/2013/01/19/ufc-drug-testing-policy/

But I'm having a hard time finding the details of Nevada's drug testing procedures and I don't think that the UFC has published anything in detail either.

Wasn't Anderson Silva on pain killers or something on a Brazil card?

Yes, because the UFC is a private company and nobody posting in this topic works for them. They aren't obligated to release that information, but I can tell you that they've caught and suspended 5 fighters on the past 3 international events they've had (Bonnar/Herman at 153, Silva at Macau, Palhares/Beltran at FX 6) and they recently changed their policies regarding drug testing so that every fighter on the card gets tested. They're cracking down on it.

Yep, but I figured this info would make it to the street at some point because fighters, trainers, and teams have to know these details in order to be held accountable -so it stands to reason that it would become common knowledge -It's not some giant corporate secret that the UFC can protect -it has legal implications and liabilities which makes it critical to disseminate to people outside the inner sanctum who it could affect.

So you know they changed the policy recently -how? what did they change?

Sorry if this seems tedious -but how can this info not be out there by now?

Is this a backdoor attempt to explain Bisping losing another big fight?

I just found this...

http://www.stack.com/2013/01/19/ufc-drug-testing-policy/

But I'm having a hard time finding the details of Nevada's drug testing procedures and I don't think that the UFC has published anything in detail either.

amazing isn't it? how can this not be consumable by now.

Every serious MMA Gym in the world has to know/be aware of these policies and procedures -How is this info not out there?

Legally they can't hold teams to it if it is not explained.

Is this a backdoor attempt to explain Bisping losing another big fight?

Good lord no.

Bisping lost because he wanted to stand and strike with a power striker.

He's got all around skills that go to waste when he plays someone elses game.

Back