Drug testing at UFC events in Brazil.

amazing isn't it? how can this not be consumable by now.

Every serious MMA Gym in the world has to know/be aware of these policies and procedures -How is this info not out there?

Legally they can't hold teams to it if it is not explained.

Well wait, teams aren't held to drug testing procedures. They are held to the stipulation that they can't use certain substances, and when they can't use them.

If the commission tells guys too much about how the drug testing process works it could help them beat the test, which would defeat the purpose. The goal is to use the threat of a failure as a deterrent to forbidden behavior.

Ok, what are the differences in UFC standards versus ACs?

I'm just trying to get the facts.

The UFC likely uses Nevada as its guideline. As far as the differences, it will depend on each state.

Have you checked boxing.nv.gov for the standards? That's the Nevada commission website.

I also thought this but theres no way to know unless theres positives tests and if there isn't we still dont know, it sucks but performance enhancers are very popular in sports.

Well wait, teams aren't held to drug testing procedures. They are held to the stipulation that they can't use certain substances, and when they can't use them.

If the commission tells guys too much about how the drug testing process works it could help them beat the test, which would defeat the purpose. The goal is to use the threat of a failure as a deterrent to forbidden behavior.

I don't believe so -from a legal perspective -a fighter must understand every thing his contract holds him liable for and what his pay is contingent on, and what the repercussions are.

No way there are any secrets kept from fighters/teams about this, other then "When" the random screenings are administered.

The UFC likely uses Nevada as its guideline. As far as the differences, it will depend on each state.

Have you checked boxing.nv.gov for the standards? That's the Nevada commission website.

Yes, but how is this reconciled to the UFC conducting testing outside the country?

Nothing here seems black and white.

Bonnar153HedgesZuffa-602x413.jpg

Back