Drug testing at UFC events in Brazil.

SevenSamurai

Silver Belt
Reaction score
People have made mention that the drug testing standards have some differences when the UFC has events in Canada because of commission standards etc.

What about Brazil?

Not to name names,...but it seemed to me that 2 of the fighter's physiques seemed to be dramatic departures from their previous recent appearances in the US.

Curious if their are differences in standards.

Well they hired Lance Armstrong to do all testing overseas so we should be ok.

On a serious note. I hope the testing isn't any different. I actually hope all testing improves. No matter where they are being tested.

I believe they do their own drug testing when they do events overseas. They seem to have way better results than athletic commissions.

I honestly don't know who you're talking about. Vitor? He's always been ripped. And Rothwell has been dieting.

UFC applies the same testing procedures that the athletic commissions administer through a laboratory.

Which two?

Atrapitis.gif

I'm pretty sure for the Brazil cards that the UFC administers their own testing. I could be wrong.

But guys have pissed hot at Brazil cards before (Bonnar comes to mind). So somebody appears to be doing their job.

Don't forget about the alleged TRT exemption that one fighter may have gotten on this card. Explains the fresh physique on "you know who".

Didn't they just establish an athletic commission for Brazil or am I tripping? If they did, drug tests will go through them.

Not to name names,...but it seemed to me that 2 of the fighter's physiques seemed to be dramatic departures from their previous recent appearances in the US.
Man I hate it when people do this. Stop being a pussy and throw the names out then I'll tell you the differences of the testings!

The ufc does its own tests.

Man I hate it when people do this. Stop being a pussy and throw the names out then I'll tell you the differences of the testings!

no chance I'm falling for this.

However, I am familiar with these fighter's physiques enough to know some rather dramatic differences.

The ufc does its own tests.

Yes, but the point of this thread is to elaborate on any differences.

So if you could elaborate on the UFC standards that would be helpful -also what it the difference in the Canada testing that causes alarm on here. And also- what does the piss test look for as a standard versus doing blood/hair for comprehensive results.

Back