Drones

If that’s what you came up with, please don’t buy a gun or drone, might even consider ditching the internet

Never paid too much attention to the drone laws due to lack of interest in owning one and presuming the government will coming for 'em eventually. Used to enjoy the stories of them getting shot out of the sky for trespassing.

I don't think your property extends up infinitely to space though.

Not saying if you had one specific drone that was continually above your pool, that I would complain if it was shot down.

In my area of the country, it would be a clear and obvious invasion of privacy. Drones flying too close to private residential property would almost immediately be shot down in all but the biggest cities.

The burden should be on the Drone pilot to respect reasonable personal boundaries.

Not saying if you had one specific drone that was continually above your pool, that I would complain if it was shot down.
You raise an interesting point.

How far does your property extend vertically?

How far above my home do I own?

Likewise, how far below the ground of my home do I own?

Too bad there isn't a push for a pro-privacy Constitutional Amendment.

You raise an interesting point.

How far does your property extend vertically?

How far above my home do I own?

Likewise, how far below the ground of my home do I own?

Good questions for sure. To me the issue is more defined by whether the drone passes through or hovers, and is it recording or broadcasting.

It's something about mineral rights versus property rights. So you may or may not "own" the ground below you

Hmmm. I think I'd smash it, deny that I did it, and make the jackass who piloted the thing drag out the process of getting compensated for it (whether that be a lawsuit or whatever). I'd be willing to pay a fine and or penalties just to make it clear that bullshit isn't welcome.

Tricky situation but I think we can all agree anyone that spends upwards of a thousand dollars on a flying camera is a stupid human being.

Two years ago we had an issue with a guy around the corner from us, flying them over people's back yards, real invasive shit. Some of the women in the area called the police, who said they couldn't do anything (actually not true, they just weren't aware of the applicable legislation). After the complaints the guy got even more brazen about it. One day my wife calls me to tell me it's over our yard, I tell her to go grab the crossbow. Like the awesome wife that she is, she does exactly that. Only problem is the cross bow is a little hard for her to cock, but she does it, takes aim, them the guy notices what's happening and takes the fuck off. Never heard from or seen again.

Two years ago we had an issue with a guy around the corner from us, flying them over people's back yards, real invasive shit. Some of the women in the area called the police, who said they couldn't do anything (actually not true, they just weren't aware of the applicable legislation). After the complaints the guy got even more brazen about it. One day my wife calls me to tell me it's over our yard, I tell her to go grab the crossbow. Like the awesome wife that she is, she does exactly that. Only problem is the cross bow is a little hard for her to cock, but she does it, takes aim, them the guy notices what's happening and takes the fuck off. Never heard from or seen again.

Modern crossbow or medieval?

Drones is something i only want the government to have really. Yeah i know give them all that power but i cant see government officials objecting to only the state having drones.

Modern crossbow or medieval?
3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back