Drones

Just use a shotgun.

The shot beads will disperse after a certain distance (depending on shot velocity and length of barrel). When they fall to the ground, even if it were to fall onto a person, it would just feel like gravel falling on your head.

We used to do this when dove hunting gets slow.

We’d be sitting on opposite sides of large field and start launching pellets at each other... lol.

Yeah, it was dumb, but funny as hell.

Anyway, I bought a drone this year specifically for surf fishing. It can carry bait out 500+ yards and even float if there’s an issue. I don’t even use the camera, the thing is fucking awesome.

Much better than wading or kayaking out there.

Eh, I didn't turn anything in.
...but then the Australian gun culture is very much what Americans refer to as "Fudds".
If you rocked up to the range with an SLR, SKK, SKS or similar you were looked at as a dickhead.
Pig shooting was the only thing they were considered a good choice for.
SKS is the perfect gun for my area (rural canada) great for coyotes, wolves, lynx, cougar. Dispatching mid sized livestock and loud enough to scare the fuck out of bears. And most importantly dirt cheap with readily available ammunition.

SKS is the perfect gun for my area (rural canada) great for coyotes, wolves, lynx, cougar. Dispatching mid sized livestock and loud enough to scare the fuck out of bears. And most importantly dirt cheap with readily available ammunition.

Yeah, the most common feral pests around here are rabbits, cats, foxes and goats. Pigs a bit further north, although unless you're regularly getting rid of large numbers of them (in which case you can probably get a class D licence and your choice of semi-auto) then the old lever action 30-30, pump or bolt action .223/.308 is plenty.
Likewise with feral deer, donkeys, brumbies and camels. Water Buffalo is the only really large game.
7.62x39 isn't common here anymore, and it's not that cheap either.
Last gun I saw chambered for it was an AIA M10A2, and it didn't run all that well.

Back