1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Drinking My Supplements?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by The Buzz Killr, May 26, 2008.

1. The Buzz Killr Orange Belt

Up until now, the only supplements I've been taking are fish oil capsules and drinking green tea. I'm getting ready to change my diet around quite a bit, and was thinking about adding green supplements and flax oil to my daily routine.

Price wise, getting the powder is the about the same as getting the capsules, and I'm more comfortable taking pills over drinking something that looks like, well, just bad. Nonetheless, my question is is there any real advantage to getting the powders and mixing them in shake/drink form over taking them in capsule form? A few of the guys in my BJJ class that it makes a difference, but I can't imagine how it would. Any help please?

2. Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

What are you talking about supplement wise.

Generally for the amount you get, the price per gram for powder is cheaper then for pills.

Also, pills have a slower absorption rate then pills (thats obvious through surface area).

3. 888Shogun888 Blue Belt

greens + pills are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

4. joshetc butthole hurts from teh gay

The greens pills that are the same price as greens powder, aren't the same greens powder, only in pill form. The only greens pill that really compares to the powdered variant, is greens+ pills. Which is just greens+, put into capsules, and for more money.