News UFC 305 scheduled for Perth Australia - Sunday August 18

Never mind Strickland, my boy Jared is getting absolutely FUCKED.
I think both Strickland and Cannonier have better claim to fight DDP. Strickland had close fight, imo he won. Cannonier is the only top 5 who won 2 in the row and I think he has good chance against DDP. Strickland vs Rob makes more sense. Khamzat doesn't deserve to fight Rob at all, but he has Dana's privilege. Winner probably gets TS.

I think both Strickland and Cannonier have better claim to fight DDP. Strickland had close fight, imo he won. Cannonier is the only top 5 who won 2 in the row and I think he has good chance against DDP. Strickland vs Rob makes more sense. Khamzat doesn't deserve to fight Rob at all, but he has Dana's privilege. Winner probably gets TS.
We can say that, but if they HAD to go to the oceanic region like they usually do this time of the year.

This is the best fight to make market-wise.

Should be a good fight regardless if Adesanya deserves the fight or not. I think it's a fairly close fight on paper, but i'm gonna go with DDP by decision.

What an absolute disgrace. Dana is scared shitless if going to Africa.
Africa isn't exactly the most economically prosperous. What would the actual turn out look like?

did yall forget that he was 0-3 against poatan before beating him the last time. also,ddp's face looked so sliced up with strickland's philly shell, can't imagine what izzy would do to it. ddp is royally fucked if he doesn't get his takedowns, his standup is some of the ugliest that i have seen in a while.
Dricus beats him easy. Izzy knows this two which is why Izzy so badly wanted dricus on the short turn around

Dricus beats him easy. Izzy knows this two which is why Izzy so badly wanted dricus on the short turn around
Lmao, the izzy hate is funny. the guy is an oddball for sure but yall already got premade excuses for ddp if he gets slept.....

Izzy doesn't deserve a title shot but whatever it's not like I won't watch.

Adesenya via decision

did yall forget that he was 0-3 against poatan before beating him the last time. also,ddp's face looked so sliced up with strickland's philly shell, can't imagine what izzy would do to it. ddp is royally fucked if he doesn't get his takedowns, his standup is some of the ugliest that i have seen in a while.
His standup is ugly, but efficient. An unorthodox, awkward style is more efficient the more classical trained your opponent is in many circumstances leading to odd striking exchange winners. Jardine Chuck comes to mind.

Izzy's key here is to take out DDP's legs before he can use his physicality to take control of the fight. DDP will make it an ugly fight, quickly, so the first two rounds will be very telling. DNDDP (Double Nostril Dricus Du Plesis) has shown to have a 5 round gas tank. It's a really hard fight for Izzy everywhere.

I was picking DDP to win against Izzy before he even fought Whittaker because he seemd like too good of a matchup for him. Now with each of them having fought DeSean, I think the scales are tipped heavily in DDP's favor. Momentum, career youth, rock solid chin (Sodić KO'd him at WW), and 5 years Izzy's junior after Izzy has had a long layoff and coming off a loss. DDP by submission round 3.

What an absolute disgrace. Dana is scared shitless if going to Africa.
i dont think he is scared at all, it takes a lot of time to set things up to do an event in a place never done before.. it will happen.. very soon

His standup is ugly, but efficient. An unorthodox, awkward style is more efficient the more classical trained your opponent is in many circumstances leading to odd striking exchange winners. Jardine Chuck comes to mind.

Izzy's key here is to take out DDP's legs before he can use his physicality to take control of the fight. DDP will make it an ugly fight, quickly, so the first two rounds will be very telling. DNDDP (Double Nostril Dricus Du Plesis) has shown to have a 5 round gas tank. It's a really hard fight for Izzy everywhere.

I was picking DDP to win against Izzy before he even fought Whittaker because he seemd like too good of a matchup for him. Now with each of them having fought DeSean, I think the scales are tipped heavily in DDP's favor. Momentum, career youth, rock solid chin (Sodić KO'd him at WW), and 5 years Izzy's junior after Izzy has had a long layoff and coming off a loss. DDP by submission round 3.
I mean his standup is a double edged sword, it gives him awkward openings but it also leaves him vulnerable, his face was splattered in that strickland match and strickland is a very defensive and textbook striker. Also, Izzy has only been KOed once in his career and that to by Poatan, whose KO power translates up to LHW. He's yet to be submitted at all in all of his pro fights even outside of the UFC. I think it will go the full distance but I am not confident to press bets on it, Izzy was able to comeback and beat Poatan but that Strickland fight probably hit him in different place psychologically so who knows

And Izzy will spend the rest of his career ducking Strickland rematch

Woot woot! DDP gonna dominate adesanya. I think he can finish him too, maybe round 3 sub. Hard to imagine adesanya getting finished but I can see his mentality leaving him vulnerable here, more so even than against Strickland

Adesanya almost can't be finished because he's so terrified of being finished. His animalistic survival instincts are at 100% the entire fight meaning nobody can really catch him unexpectedly, not even Alex fully finished him before the ref stepped in.

Try finishing a guy who is only in there to survive.

In august?! come on.... its a lifetime away ffs. [<diva2]

Makes sense. Didn't expect them to go to Africa any time soon.
Makes sense in terms of logistical challenges, but OVERALL matchmaking-wise it doesn't make a ton of sense. If they aren't doing it in Africa then they should not have done Izzy vs Dricus to begin with. IMO.

Instead we have Australia which... has nothing to do with Dricus and... has nothing to do with Izzy and... isn't the home country of the company. So yeah.

Back