Dricus Du Plessis fires back at Israel Adesanya

It’s not that complicated, brother.

He’s essentially saying that Izzy, Usman and even Ngannou(which is the most preposterous) aren’t real Africans because their families had to look for better opportunities in other countries.

Du Plessis is able to stay in Africa because he lives a comfortable lifestyle, his people never had to look elsewhere for opportunities.

Personally, I relate to this, as my parents also had to leave their country for better opportunities, but they still raised us with their culture.

Anyways, I salute Du Plessis for this gimmick, though, since people are talking about it and it’ll help him get a title shot.

That’s fair enough, but if we took race out of it would anyone care? Nobody cared when Hardy called Marcus Davis a plastic paddy, even though his ancestors probably left due to the famine.

No big deal either way I guess, he’s obviously looking for a reaction and he’s getting one.

Weirdest flex ever. Really. Only a genuine colonizer would even dream of such a statement.

"This is MY country", I mean, we can spilt hairs all we like. It's not bro. You're not an immigrant that worked your way there and picked yourself up... You're great grandad's came with guns a took the place... What on earth did you think would come back from that? You ain't FROM there, you LIVE there, and the only reason you're there at all is your invasion and theft of the land. It's not race baiting to say that. It's what happened. Immigrating somewhere and re-locating your family is vastly different.

When I was growing up in the 80s, and Apartheid was still in place. There was a program in the UK that released this a song. It was about guys like this.

If Izzy fights him. He should absolutely walk out to this

Sure. It was a modern country with a booming economy and then a few Dutch people showed up on boats and stole it all for themselves.

Does this mean Canelo is not allowed to be proud of Mexico? He looks a lot more like Hernán Cortés than Montezuma.

Human beings are shitty to one another. If you’re alive that means all of your ancestors stayed alive long enough to breed, which means they were on the right side of all the wars and the conquests. One way or another we are all leveraging stuff that used to belong to someone else.

Sure. It was a modern country with a booming economy and then a few Dutch people showed up on boats and stole it all for themselves.

Does this mean Canelo is not allowed to be proud of Mexico? He looks a lot more like Hernán Cortés than Montezuma.

Human beings are shitty to one another. If you’re alive that means all of your ancestors stayed alive long enough to breed, which means they were on the right side of all the wars and the conquests. One way or another we are all leveraging stuff that used to belong to someone else.

It doesn’t mean that at all. It’s not being proud of where you’re from. But to stand up and then claim to be MORE from there than people who’s ancestors yours invaded and oppressed for decades is shade

Dricus’ best wins are 40 yo Brunson, and Till who is 1-5 in the past 4 years.

How does he think he deserves a shot?

And Till actually came back in the second round and put it on Dricus, dude's smelling that belt ey?

lol Canelo isn't a lesser tier fighter going around trying to bait indigenous looking Mexican champions of higher rank into getting titles and publicity for himself by saying he is more Mexican that them.

People are talking about it but no one seems into it that I’ve seen.

If people keep taking umbrage that’s gonna draw out the trolls of course.

But to me this just looks like another boring guy trying to get traction with whatever narrative he can come up with.

To be fair, Izzy initiated this himself to generate hype and push for Du Plessis to start building him up and setting the foundation for the first UFC Africa event.

Izzy called the play and tossed him the ball that he is running pretty well with so far, but has a very long way to go for the score.

The UFC ranking system being highly geared toward rank squatting makes it very hard to find a marketable match up for someone like Izzy that has laid waste to basically the entire division and even already gone up to challenge for the next division title. Izzy has some work to do to find an opponent and sell his next fight and is looking at Du Plessis to play along and follow his lead.

Guys like him have been living longer in Africa than most of the Americans in America.

His issue is that he just doesn't have the skills or experience to compete at that level. He should call out a top contender rather than the champ, this just makes it seem like he knows how limited he is and that his best chance of getting paid is by goading Adesanya to fight him before somebody else exposes him.

It doesn’t mean that at all. It’s not being proud of where you’re from. But to stand up and then claim to be MORE from there than people who’s ancestors yours invaded and oppressed for decades is shade

1. Everyone’s ancestors were oppressors

2. South Africa and Nigeria are nowhere near each other

3. He’s trying to create a narrative with the champion of his division

people really struggle to understand african is an ethnicity aswell as a nationality. ddp is saying he’s from the african nation, and pretending that israel isn’t claiming african ethnicity.

ethnically ddp is not african, but his nationality is african.
israel is ethnically african, but his nationality is a new zealander.

hope i cleared this up for you guys

After so many years of oppression of blacks in the apartheid regime , a white guy should be really carefful casting doubt on black african people 's africanness.

Back