Media Drew Dober: Islam Makhachev is not a risk taker like Khabib; kinda plays it safe

Aaaand immediately back to hate. Siiiigh would've been nice to have a reasonable convo
What hate? Lol it's true and you know it. Same people who call Khabib goat say he's above GSP for that exact reason. Ffs GSP 6th fight was tougher than khabobs first "title" fight. Karo would ragdoll Al Iaquinta

Hes really not lying.
He commented that people are arguing that Islam is more of a risk taker than GSP, which no one said. He then brought up Khabib's title defenses which has literally nothing to do with anything what is being discussed.

The only thing he posts is Khabib hate. I usually entertain him for shiggles but life is a bitch and I'm tired lol

He commented that people are arguing that Islam is more of a risk taker than GSP, which no one said. He then brought up Khabib's title defenses which has literally nothing to do with anything what is being discussed.

The only thing he posts is Khabib hate. I usually entertain him for shiggles but life is a bitch and I'm tired lol
I didn't compare Islam to GSP. I discussed the khabib (and therefore Islam) fan boys who make the khabib > GSP argument for reasons like this thread topic. You know this but keep deflecting. Or are you denying people who say khabib has goat status don't say gsp was a boring decision machine who played it safe?

I mean they are even saying Jones has been playing it safe . It's pathetic. I'm sure khabib and Islam would be taking risks for 10+ title defenses lmfao. Oh wait he couldn't finish Al Iaquinta and was happy to trade jabs for two rounds rather than go for a finish. Oh wait that's right he was just testing his standup lolol and didn't want to hurt people in other fights. FFS y'all will believe anything Ali says when it comes to the eagle dorks

I didn't compare Islam to GSP. I discussed the khabib (and therefore Islam) fan boys who make the khabib > GSP argument for reasons like this thread topic. You know this but keep deflecting. Or are you denying people who say khabib has goat status don't say gsp was a boring decision machine who played it safe?

I mean they are even saying Jones has been playing it safe . It's pathetic. I'm sure khabib and Islam would be taking risks for 10+ title defenses lmfao. Oh wait he couldn't finish Al Iaquinta and was happy to trade jabs for two rounds rather than go for a finish. Oh wait that's right he was just testing his standup lolol and didn't want to hurt people in other fights. FFS y'all will believe anything Ali says when it comes to the eagle dorks
Not only did you compare them. You did it twiceSmartSelect_20210617-171937_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20210617-171937_Chrome.jpg

And once again this has nothing to do with what anyone in this thread is saying

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210617-171852_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210617-171852_Chrome.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 0
What hate? Lol it's true and you know it. Same people who call Khabib goat say he's above GSP for that exact reason. Ffs GSP 6th fight was tougher than khabobs first "title" fight. Karo would ragdoll Al Iaquinta
The fact that you actively go out of your way to post about a guy who hate will always baffle me

Like he did that once in his freaking UFC career, prob because Gaehtje was so bad on the ground

Accepting Max Holloway on a couple days notice was risky. Then accepting Iaquinta on a days notice was risky. Using that fight to practice his jab was risky.

Obv not in the way that stupid slug fest fans would describe it.
But his grappling was very aggressiive. Constantly going for offense, giving up "safe" positions for more aggressive ones, diving into guillotines to secure TDs, always pressuring, going for subs instead of pinning.
This is the type of aggression that people who train see, certainly no bum rush. But not much people are confident enough to grapple this way from the top instead of lay and pray.
His style has him walking right into the line of fire. Its the only way it works.

That makes it even worse, it shows ww was his natural weightclass but he would rather kill himself to make weight in the big leagues than risk fighting someone his own size.
What do you care about what weight class he was in? Why werent you crying and making babies when Tibau was in the UFC if you are so concerned with this?
How committed are you to this premise?

Scroll up. Look at my previous posts. I go to explicit detail about the risks he regularly takes
i can literally just watch the fights. i don’t need you to explain it. i watch the fights and he takes very little risks. that’s also not a bad thing.

Back