Media Drew Dober: Islam Makhachev is not a risk taker like Khabib; kinda plays it safe

i can literally just watch the fights. i don’t need you to explain it. i watch the fights and he takes very little risks. that’s also not a bad thing.
You're wrong but whatever. You obviously have no intention of opening up to outside info so whatever.

Reactions: HHJ
You're wrong but whatever. You obviously have no intention of opening up to outside info so whatever.
No hes right. He can (but probably doesnt) watch the fights,and doesnt have to explain anything!!! hahaha

Oh it doesnt? What made Justin panic then? Do tell. It couldnt be Khabib coming straight at him no matter what he did to deter him. But thats not aggression or risk taking. Thats playing it safe :D
it was a grapple heavy gameplan that gaethje wasn’t prepared or skilled enough to defend against. khabib isn’t some overly aggressive risk taker. if he wanted to take risks he would stand with gaethje, and he did, until the leg kicks added up then he took it to his world.

overly aggressive is fighters like maria agapova, abdul razak alhassan, brendan schaub, michael pereira (on occasion)

it was a grapple heavy gameplan that gaethje wasn’t prepared or skilled enough to defend against. khabib isn’t some overly aggressive risk taker. if he wanted to take risks he would stand with gaethje, and he did, until the leg kicks added up then he took it to his world.

overly aggressive is fighters like maria agapova, abdul razak alhassan, brendan schaub, michael pereira (on occasion)
So in your view,you cannot be overly aggressive with a grapple heavy gameplan? Thats pretty goddamned hilarious.

what outside info? khabib isn’t some violent reckless bat out of hell like you want me to believe. he’s a chain wrestler. he’s jake shields with a right hand.

Was Khabib really a risk taker? Never tried his hand at 170 and was a bit of a pullout merchant and before his winning the title he won a lot by decision.
Those decision wins were complete maulings though, look at his fights against Trujillo and Barboza

So in your view,you cannot be overly aggressive with a grapple heavy gameplan? Thats pretty goddamned hilarious.
you definitely can but he’s fighting to his strengths and his opponents weakness, no matter whether or not he’s walking forward.

i will admit though, the triangle from top position was risky. he deserves credit for that.

what outside info? khabib isn’t some violent reckless bat out of hell like you want me to believe. he’s a chain wrestler. he’s jake shields with a right hand.
Lol you don't know what I want you to believe because you refuse to read my point. And lol at that awful and inaccurate comparison

Reactions: HHJ
he’s jake shields with a right hand.
68313145bcfe6fa4d8dbbaa010497e21.gif

MpNY1z5.gif

you definitely can but he’s fighting to his strengths and his opponents weakness,
Uh,... I didnt know that being a risk taker and being fuckin retarded are the same thing. He is there to win. But his style is very aggressive,and he has to put himself in harms way constantly for it to work.

Uh,... I didnt know that being a risk taker and being fuckin retarded are the same thing. He is there to win. But his style is very aggressive,and he has to put himself in harms way constantly for it to work.
So many people on here straight up equate risk taking to never blocking a punch or only throwing spinning shit. Leave it to sherdog to only exist in extremes

He is nothing like Jake Shields
they fight the exact same. shields throws more leg kicks and jabs and khabib throws uppercuts and overhand rights but they strike just as little as each other and will chase a takedown for 5 straight minutes.

they fight the exact same. shields throws more leg kicks and jabs and khabib throws uppercuts and overhand rights but they strike just as little as each other and will chase a takedown for 5 straight minutes.
Now I'm convinced you have never actually watched Khabib fight

So many people on here straight up equate risk taking to never blocking a punch or only throwing spinning shit. Leave it to sherdog to only exist in extremes
dude what is even the point of mentioning fighters who “occasionally take risks” though? literally every fighter takes occasional risks, the extremes are the only thing worth mentioning.

leon edwards, antonio mckee, jake shields, jon fitch, etc. are safe fighters. khabib is less safe but still safe.

Now I'm convinced you have never actually watched Khabib fight
i’m convinced you’ve never seen jake shields fight. workhorse wrestler always peppering with GNP and looking for subs, willing to coast if he needs to. that’s khabib to a fucking tee.

Back