News Drake Rodriguez, Anderson dos Santos, Jamey Simmons and Roosevelt Roberts have been removed from the

Drako looked like he had some potential, but didn't pan out.

Roosevelt Roberts is a rough one. He has some decent wins on his resume and is a guy who has solid individual skills (excellent jab, good albeit not elite BJJ), but struggles endlessly to put it all together in the cage against UFC-caliber competition once he faces adversity. He relies heavily on his size to bully smaller opponents, doesn't seem to be able to handle being the nail, and doesn't have the technical wrestling skill to reliably employ his matwork against dudes he isn't capable of simply pushing against the cage and peeling to the canvas using his size.

Speaking of which, his vaunted BJJ -- while lethal against most regional-level guys and even a lot of the unranked Lightweights in the UFC -- also got exposed by Jim Miller. I feel like he could be a legitimate Top 15-30ish fighter with a better camp to reassess parts of his game... that or he goes back to crushing it in the minor leagues. Maybe that really is his ceiling.

Last edited:
alvey-feature.jpg
Damn. No wins in his last 7? Is that a record?

Good. Roosevelt was too thuglife for this blood sport. He’s scary. Gotta keep a wholesome image ya know.

I wonder why so tough on Simmons? He had one loss plus Chikadze, who made him look like a rank amateur, but would probably do likewise to much of the division.

Thank you, Roosevelt Roberts. What a highlight to end a UFC career with!
SmoggyIcyFinwhale-size_restricted.gif

Drako looked like he had some potential, but didn't pan out.

Roosevelt Roberts is a rough one. He has some decent wins on his resume and is a guy who has solid individual skills (excellent jab, good albeit not elite submission grappling), but struggles endlessly to put it all together in the cage against higher-level competition once he faces adversity. He relies heavily on his size to bully smaller opponents, doesn't seem to be able to handle being the nail, and doesn't have the offensive wrestling to reliably employ his matwork. Speaking of which, his vaunted BJJ -- while lethal against most regional-level guys and even a lot of the unranked Lightweights in the UFC -- also got exposed by Jim Miller. I feel like he could be a legitimate fighter with a better camp to reassess parts of his game... that or he goes back to crushing it in the minor leagues. Maybe that really is his ceiling.
No point in keeping a comatose patient on the roster.

There's a wrestler by the name of Darby Allin that formed his name by combining the names of his 2 favorite musicians Darby Crash and GG Allin

I know some folks feel a slight frisson of coolness just knowing who Darby Crash and GG Allin are, but it needs said that both were talentless. If a person tells you Darby Crash is their favorite singer, they are telling you they don't understand music or human emotion very well. "GG Allin is my favorite singer" is basically a cry for help.

Back