Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

I used to be a HUGE DBZ fan when I was younger. I watched it all the time. I don't watch it much now but I still love it.

So my question is... I never play fighting games, not to say I don't like them, I just don't play them much.

Is it easy to jump in and enjoy it? How is the difficulty? The game looks awesome! I am just curious if it has a steep learning curve or anything like that.

Not a steep learning curve at all and the game does a great job teaching everything you need to know. Some missions are difficult if you're playing them with a low level character, but that could be said for a lot of games. Overall, the difficulty provides a solid challenge but never comes off as cheap or unbeatable.

think I may have to pick up this game

is there any multi player or couch co op on this?

There are online versus and co-op modes. Versus can be played locally but I'm not sure if you can couch co-op Parallel Quests.

There are online versus and co-op modes. Versus can be played locally but I'm not sure if you can couch co-op Parallel Quests.

Local VS is good enough for me since there is online co-op

this just became a must buy for me

Not a steep learning curve at all and the game does a great job teaching everything you need to know. Some missions are difficult if you're playing them with a low level character, but that could be said for a lot of games. Overall, the difficulty provides a solid challenge but never comes off as cheap or unbeatable.

Awesome!

Random questions:

Is the environment destroyable?

Are there lots of energy attacks?

Do you have to level up to a certain level to be able to transform into SS? Once/if you get that ability can you go SS anytime you want?

Awesome!

Random questions:

Is the environment destroyable?

Are there lots of energy attacks?

Do you have to level up to a certain level to be able to transform into SS? Once/if you get that ability can you go SS anytime you want?

The only destructible objects I've encountered are tiny houses. No mountain shattering, building smashing or entire landscape altering so far.

Enemies chew me up from range with ki blasts but I keep the standard ki blasts (B/O button) to a minimum because my default blast is weak right now. However, I do spam Super Ki blasts (galick gun, Kamehameha, milky cannon) and Ultimate attacks (break cannon, weekend, full energy barrage). Your character starts with 300 ki points, supers cost 100 points and ultimates cost 300. Landing successful melee strikes refills the ki meter (which can be increased via xp).

I just finished the Ginyu saga, so I haven't learned or performed any transformations yet. Even if I learn SS I doubt I can use it since I'm playing as Freiza's race. Hopefully we can go through multiple changes during matches once they're unlocked.

The only destructible objects I've encountered are tiny houses. No mountain shattering, building smashing or entire landscape altering so far.

Enemies chew me up from range with ki blasts but I keep the standard ki blasts (B/O button) to a minimum because my default blast is weak right now. However, I do spam Super Ki blasts (galick gun, Kamehameha, milky cannon) and Ultimate attacks (break cannon, weekend, full energy barrage). Your character starts with 300 ki points, supers cost 100 points and ultimates cost 300. Landing successful melee strikes refills the ki meter (which can be increased via xp).

I just finished the Ginyu saga, so I haven't learned or performed any transformations yet. Even if I learn SS I doubt I can use it since I'm playing as Freiza's race. Hopefully we can go through multiple changes during matches once they're unlocked.

Oh true I didn't even think about playing a non Saiyan race.

And yeah it would be insane if you could go up multiple SS's in one match.

This game sounds way better then any DBZ game I've ever played.

I wonder if you can learn the Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack :cool:

Got a little time in and I'm lovin it.

I got Vegeta as my master while I'm topless rockin Goku pants.

I'm still getting used to the controls but I'm really liking the combat.

Really wish there were more transformations in the game :(. I'm still getting it though, but I was looking forward to playing as Frieza.

Any reviews scores for this game yet? When does it come out?

P4P best Dragon Ball game

Db_gt_box.jpg

The only complaint I have is the lack of a training mode.

The game is pretty hard to put down once you get the hang of the controls.

150527-DragonBall_Z_-_Budokai_Tenkaichi_3_(USA)_(En,Ja)-1.jpg

GOAT DBZ game

It's been a long time since they put out a good Dragonball game. Burst Limit, Ultimate Tenkaichi and Raging Blast sucked, even their Online game bombed. I've seen some vids of Xenoverse online and it looks great, might give this one a bite.

150527-DragonBall_Z_-_Budokai_Tenkaichi_3_(USA)_(En,Ja)-1.jpg

GOAT DBZ game

It's been a long time since they put out a good Dragonball game. Burst Limit, Ultimate Tenkaichi and Raging Blast sucked, even their Online game bombed. I've seen some vids of Xenoverse online and it looks great, might give this one a bite.

^^ that game was great due to the sheer size of the roster, I preferred the budokai 3's mechanics more though.

Hmm. May buy this today off of steam. I sincerely hope that I can blow up entire landscapes with Vegeta's Final Flash.

Beam vs Beam joystick circling in still?

Took me awhile to get used to the controls but after about an hour I got the hang of it

Unfortunately the servers were down last night so I got 0 hands on with the multiplayer. Game has been fun so far and I am interested to see what it's like once my guy gets stronger.

Went with the Freiza race for my first character. Anyone know how you unlock more character slots?

Going to buy this game Friday!

This is a major step up from Battle of Z.

I hunted all over the city for that fucking game, only to find out it was a steaming pile of shit.

The controls for Xenoverse take some getting used to, but this is an addicting game.

Battle of Z was awful. Xenoverse is easily my favorite DBZ game since Budokai 3. It's not perfect (no destructible environments, server issues, etc.) but it does a lot of things right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back