Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Battle of Z was awful. Xenoverse is easily my favorite DBZ game since Budokai 3. It's not perfect (no destructible environments, server issues, etc.) but it does a lot of things right.

You sure about this? I'm pretty sure I've knocked someone into a mountain and a few of the little houses on Namek.

Side note: I got Kaioken earlier and I keep running the PQ for Kaioken x20 but Goku is fuckin' invincible when he goes Kaioken dammit lol I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like against SSJ and beyond

I've destroyed houses but have yet to see any full blown stage destruction like in past titles.

Ok this game is pretty awesome. A little disappointed that you can't punch someone through a mountain but that's my only complaint

You sure about this? I'm pretty sure I've knocked someone into a mountain and a few of the little houses on Namek.

Side note: I got Kaioken earlier and I keep running the PQ for Kaioken x20 but Goku is fuckin' invincible when he goes Kaioken dammit lol I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like against SSJ and beyond

Dan I only played for an hour or two. Where do you get kaioken from?

the one thing i miss about the new dbz no beam vs beam clash i miss doing that was really fun doing those

anyone else having issues connecting to the servers? I have yet to play online

Hearing many complaints about the servers yeah. Hopefully they will improve them.

I should get the game tomorrow. Pretty excited, but I probably said that 5 times already. Lol.

thinking about going during lunch to get it

However, I do spam Super Ki blasts (galick gun, Kamehameha, milky cannon) and Ultimate attacks (break cannon, weekend, full energy barrage).

How did you get Milky Cannon? I really like that move, got use it in story mode while playing as Ginyu and fell in love.

Hearing many complaints about the servers yeah. Hopefully they will improve them.

I should get the game tomorrow. Pretty excited, but I probably said that 5 times already. Lol.

yeah it seems this game sold better than they expected so I'll be patient while they sort out this server mess. Hoping it's resolved when the weekend rolls around.

Think i might need to get this, I thought it looked really cool before release and just assumed everyone would pan it after launch but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Just got it! bought it from gamestop and still got the day 1 edition with pre-order bonus.

can't wait to get home and play!

the one thing i miss about the new dbz no beam vs beam clash i miss doing that was really fun doing those

I miss that as well.

I've had a few issues logging on but reloading the game solves that problem. Not being able to join your friends lobby is really annoying

How did you get Milky Cannon? I really like that move, got use it in story mode while playing as Ginyu and fell in love.

I can't remember off the top of my head. I either got it after completing the Frieza saga or during a PQ level. You can always check the PQ menu to see what unlocks are available for each mission.

Just started playing, i've beat Vegeta, it seems pretty fun so far but why aren't you allowed to change the colour of clothes you buy? that's pretty restrictive in terms of customization.

Can't stop playing this game... and I HATED the Tenkaiichi games and that pure 3d movement.

Just started playing, i've beat Vegeta, it seems pretty fun so far but why aren't you allowed to change the colour of clothes you buy? that's pretty restrictive in terms of customization.

Agreed but still somewhat understandable, first DBZ game with a true "character creation" type system in it.

I'm going with the freiza race! Come at me bro.

Character customization is pretty cool. However I hate the hub world and having to use it just to access versus battles.

Plus, there's no "spectacle" in the fights. Still prefer Budokai 3 (NOT Tenkaichi. Just Budokai).

Really I have a hard time even calling this kind of game a "fighting game", it's more like a brawler. Not a fan of the controls either.

But it's still Dragon Ball, and as a PC gamer I'll take what I can get when it comes to DBZ.

Character customization is pretty cool. However I hate the hub world and having to use it just to access versus battles.

Plus, there's no "spectacle" in the fights. Still prefer Budokai 3 (NOT Tenkaichi. Just Budokai).

I always prefered Budokai as well. Had the epicness of the show, the beam v. beam fights, and destruction. I also hate the hub world, feels WAY too big.

I like the game but not big fan of the engine. Seems like the character has little weight in the world. Not sure how to explain myself, but it just feels very flat unto a surface. That probably makes no sense, lol.

The camera is indeed quite difficult to get used to. The fighting is definitely more advanced than I was expecting it to be. But I'm getting my ass kicked haha.

I can see that there is plenty of content in there though. Happy with the purchase.

Back