Dr Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
efc3a4f25b83a143df29983c11184a6b.1000x1000x1.jpg

Respect that dre takes the less is more route with his music. So few rappers do

comptons soundtrack, ghetto birds flying, AK's letting off, screams, trunk rattling bass. yeah "Today was good day"

Dre hasn't been relevant in a decade broseph.

As a recording artist, I agree but that's not what dre is known for.

He still produces beats, he made a deal with Beats(monster), Beats made a deal with apple(just one of the biggest companies in the world), and he's having a motion picture based on his life.

Last edited:
Really hope they dont have any of this new bullshit playing over scenes in the movie

Just started downloading. Guess Detox is never gonna happen though.

Only a couple of songs in and I'm only listening from my iPhone speaker but this one doesn't feel like it's going to be a classic. Barely even heard Dre so far.

Last edited:
I downloaded Compton last night.
Not what I expected to hear at all.
I am not necessarily disappointed, but not sure I like the direction he took this album. Just doesn't feel like Dr. Dre Westcoat gangster Shit.

This could be the Duke Nukem of music, you wait so long for it that the product will never match the hype.

Meanwhile Deltron Event 2 was released a year or so ago and no one seemed to care yet it was a pretty damn good album. Not as good as the original but still very good. Had the same atmospheric feel the original had.

This Compton album doesn't even sound like Dre had anything to do with it.

I've listened to it a few times now, doesn't feel like the carved in stone classic status of the other two, time will tell.

Just started downloading. Guess Detox is never gonna happen though.

Detox is officially cancelled. Most of it was leaked anyway.
This being new material for the movie, I guess we shouldn't have expected Chronic 3.
One thing's for sure, if you're a fan of Kendrick, you will be happy, he's all over this.

I'm listening to all the song previews on itunes, don't even fucking hear Dre on just about any of them. lol

will eventually give the album a thorough listen, although it's already guaranteed to not reach maximum balla status since Nate Dogg isn't alive to elevate the tracks to an elite level.

Back