Down with fake charities

ElKarlo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2019/12/21/andrew-l-seidel-lds/
Basically the LDS church is taking in 7B bucks but only spends 6B, and has amassed 100B

-Every year, the LDS Church demands and accepts $7 billion from the faithful. It spends most of that, but still has $1 billion left over every year. The church funnels that sizeable surplus into its investment firm, called Ensign Peak Advisors. In just over 20 years, Ensign amassed $100 billion.-

There is no reason for the to have that much money. They should be subjected to audits and having that much just sitting there seems shady at best.
I say if you are not using it, it should be taxed. That goes for the LDS, Walmart foundation, and college endowments. They should all be taxed like corps.

religion and most non-profits are really out there trying to make a profit.

havitrump.jpg

Basically the LDS church is taking in 7B bucks but only spends 6B, and has amassed 100B

-Every year, the LDS Church demands and accepts $7 billion from the faithful. It spends most of that, but still has $1 billion left over every year. The church funnels that sizeable surplus into its investment firm, called Ensign Peak Advisors. In just over 20 years, Ensign amassed $100 billion.-

There is no reason for the to have that much money. They should be subjected to audits and having that much just sitting there seems shady at best.
I say if you are not using it, it should be taxed. That goes for the LDS, Walmart foundation, and college endowments. They should all be taxed like corps.
It would make sense that they retain let's say 50% of their yearly profits in case of an emergency, but anything above and beyond should go to social welfare. Establish independent watch dog groups to monitor expenditures as well as wages paid out to employees as well , also from the 50% above and beyond their rainy day funds.

Charities taking advantage of well meaning contributors are only a half a step above of for profit churches.

At least that's how I see things.

If this is for all churches I'm on board .

It would make sense that they retain let's say 50% of their yearly profits in case of an emergency, but anything above and beyond should go to social welfare. Establish independent watch dog groups to monitor expenditures as well as wages paid out to employees as well , also from the 50% above and beyond their rainy day funds.

Charities taking advantage of well meaning contributors are only a half a step above of for profit churches.

At least that's how I see things.
I would not be mad about them having a year or so of funds tucked away. Anything more and it is gaming the system. We have allowed too many to game it and it shows with all the problems that the US is facing.

If this is for all churches I'm on board .
If they are using their money for actual charity and such, no need for taxes. Everything else they are doing, then yes. Same with colleges. If that money is not going to actual education, then tax it

If they are using their money for actual charity and such, no need for taxes. Everything else they are doing, then yes. Same with colleges. If that money is not going to actual education, then tax it
Churches should have to submit their books , way too easy for charlatans to get away with fuckery imo.

Tax charities but then they have the rights of of any business.

Tax charities but then they have the rights of of any business.

nice.... then people can sue them because they were giving offerings for years and god didnt answer their prayers,

Churches should have to submit their books , way too easy for charlatans to get away with fuckery imo.
I agree. Then they can show how much they are contributing to society. But yes, people shouldn't be allowed to run a charity as a private company with no IRS oversight. Def needs auditing

nice.... then people can sue them because they were giving offerings for years and god didnt answer their prayers,

Sure they can try and they can pay lobbyists and tell all their congregation who they say god wants them to vote for. They can use all that money to try and shape the government.

One thing I've noticed with Trump is his tie is always perfectly done. Nice and high and tight, and always just the right amount past the belt buckle. Most of these Democrats can't wear a tie to save their lives. It says a lot about a man.

The timing of this is suspicious AF when you have Scientology running around like they do and not even a mention? Ton Cruise I guess is still on Trump good side.

One thing I've noticed with Trump is his tie is always perfectly done. Nice and high and tight, and always just the right amount past the belt buckle. Most of these Democrats can't wear a tie to save their lives. It says a lot about a man.

Actually he wears it to low. It’s been discussed at length. His needs to be the longest tie, guy has major insecurities

Actually he wears it to low. It’s been discussed at length. His needs to be the longest tie, guy has major insecurities
lol, psycho-analyze much?
ever seen old farts with ties tucked in their pants?
Trump could be one of these guys with old habits that are hard to break.

Long tie = insecurities, genius.

I bet this is you.

Back