Doumbe: "Most muscular guys have weak chins"!

2015-12-14-09-56-01__hbhf__ID663.jpg

Steve Judson is the GOAT of weak chins.
Is that the dude Brad koler (?) killed

No they are not of Mexican decent.. my God, you sound ridiculous saying that non sense

There were two paragraphs; the first stating fighters of Mexican descent generally have better chins. Lots of evidence to support this.

The 2nd paragraph mentioned fighters that were not muscular (topic of thread) that had great chins. I realize several of the fighters mentioned were not Mexican.

In context, since he talk about his personnal experience (with a kickboxing career at 170lbs), the possible reason is that the most muscular guys he faced were also the ones who cut the most weight.

Obviously muscles don't weaken your chin. But looking super shredded can be a correlated with dehydration.

There were two paragraphs; the first stating fighters of Mexican descent generally have better chins. Lots of evidence to support this.

The 2nd paragraph mentioned fighters that were not muscular (topic of thread) that had great chins. I realize several of the fighters mentioned were not Mexican.
In the UFC the best chins I can list:
Ngannou, Blagoi Ivanov, Jon Jones, Mark Hunt, Marvin Vettori, Kelvin Gastelum, Max Holloway, Roy Nelson, the Diaz brothers

Lots of different physics and ethnicity. Hard to see any trend, really.

Doesn't help to leave it out there to get hit

I don't know about that really. But its true that a lot of fat fighters have amazing chins, thats always been the case in boxing and MMA and kickboxing. Guys like Nelson, Hunt, Cabbage, Butterbean, Gastelum, Fury, Rothwell and many others always tend to have really good shot absorption

I always suspected because they have round faces and not pointy chins that they can take the shots better in general.

:D I used to work with 4 guys from Tonga long time ago, 20+ years ago, and all of them were obese, but they had chins from God.. I saw them get into a few fights after bars and even though they were really slow and unfit, you just can't drop them for nothing haha, their chins are incredible. I'm certain most ripped guys would have gone out cold with what I saw.

Poirier doesn't have a "great" chin

It's not bad, but far from great

A better example is Mousasi, who has a small head/narrow jaw and never got KOd despite fighting in 3 weight classes
His hunched backed and rolled shoulders no doubt help

faces all look like this

Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Contact-Information.jpg

Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg

kiev-ukraine-1st-oct-2018-ukrainian-boxer-oleksandr-usyk-takes-part-at-the-opening-of-the-56th-world-boxing-convention-in-kiev-ukraine-on-1-october-2018-the-wbc-56th-congress-in-which-take-part-boxing-legends-evander-holyfield-lennox-lewis-eric-morales-and-about-700-participants-from-160-countries-runs-in-kiev-from-from-september-30-to-october-5-credit-serg-glovnyzuma-wirealamy-live-news-PRDXEX.jpg

025_Mark_Hunt.0.0.jpg

efc154a5344c6d86f6f9e063fd429c23

compact midface
short wide flat faces with strong jawline
I have this kind of face
I'm shit at martial arts but last time I was in a bike crash I face planted on my chin and got up completely fine which surprised me as the concrete I landed on was pretty fucking hard

Back