Double Standard and Intollerance for certain Post fight Interviews

HAILTHELEAF

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Let me just start off by sayin I am an Agnostic, largely pro Military, Liberal....anyone that posts in the War room can attest to that.

but, I have tolerance for whatever the guy wants to speak about in the post fight interview. to me it lasts for a minute at the most, and they have earned the victory, therefore earning the right to talk about what they want to as far as Im concerned.

I niotice everytime Bendo, time Kennedy, Brian Stann, now colton Smith fight, there is a tremendous amout of backlash, and just bitching in general....about what they talk about for a few seconds.

Being anti-organized religion, I could care less if Bendo thanks god...It's not like he is telling you to repent for your sins or you will burn in hell. I have no problem with a Military guy beiong proud of who he is.

I suspect that alot of the same guys bitching about Colton, Bendo, etc...would cream their jeans in excitement and giddyness if a fighter came out and said "Im an atheist, fuck jesus".

Why do some make it out like they have to sit through a 2 hour lecture on religion or the military when they speak? I am surprised somebody hasn't bitched on here about Pat Barry and Roy Nelson mentioning the tragedy in Connecticut. Just curious.......:icon_conf:icon_conf

I believe that most people aren't honest with themselves over those types of issues so they aren't going to be honest with you.

I really don't care as well. If someone got up and thanked satan I would laugh and the carry on with my life.

Nobody is protesting their right to speak. However they're not beyond criticism. Spin it however you want.

cause when you live in your parents basement, you have lots of freetime to bitch about all the trivial things in life

Religion and politics are controversial topics. This isn't too complicated.

I'm agnostic but I never get why religious guys thank God after wins, but don't thank God for his will being done after their losses.

Nobody is protesting their right to speak. However they're not beyond criticism. Spin it however you want.

No but like I said, I suspect if it were the other way around, instead of bitching, they would applaud and think the guy was the coolest fighter ever......

Why not thank god? He's god....duhhh!

Wait so what is the double standard? Did i miss it?

Religion and politics are controversial topics. This isn't too complicated.

Well........I dont think it's very controversial especially when you aren't forced to listen to it....do these same people bitch about the National Anthem being played before sporting events? Or god forbid a moment of silence for a fallen teammate? It makes me wonder.

No but like I said, I suspect if it were the other way around, instead of bitching, they would applaud and think the guy was the coolest fighter ever......

Well that's speculation. I can't agree with you there.

TS has been complaining about this a lot today, let it go. These threads always get closed anyway.

I'm with TS on this. For the most part I don't care what a guy says afterwards. Thanks God...that's cool. Not my thing, but go for it. Whatever.

What I don't like is a guy like the fella who just won TUF talking about what a great guy he is when there are multiple showings on video of him being a dick "in the moment". I'm sure he wants to do the right thing, but in a really small sample size, he's been a dick twice already.

Wait so what is the double standard? Did i miss it?

The fight last night and threads today got me thinking....Seems like people only bitch and moan when a guy like Colton Smith, Tim Kennedy, Brian Stann(military guys), or a Bendo, Vitor Belfort, Jon Jones,(religous guys) fight. All because they thank GOd or mention being proud to serve in the US Military FFS.

I suspect that alot of the same guys bitching about Colton, Bendo, etc...would cream their jeans in excitement and giddyness if a fighter came out and said "Im an atheist, fuck jesus".

That would be AWESOME!!!

The only thing that kind of bugged me was him repeating "This is easy."

I don't mind giving respect to the military and God and stuff, but I felt like that part was a bit too much. I really think people just hate Colton for his TUF antics or whatever, I have not seen the season and did not think the fight was really that bad. I did know of Colton's cheapshot and wanted him to lose just for that but I don't have any hate for the guy.

TS has been complaining about this a lot today, let it go. These threads always get closed anyway.

Just asking for an answer, you have one or no? I know it will be shutdown, just wondering if anybody would be honest and say because they can't tolerate someone believing a different way than them. I guess not.

Back