Double Standard and Intollerance for certain Post fight Interviews

No but like I said, I suspect if it were the other way around, instead of bitching, they would applaud and think the guy was the coolest fighter ever......

Sure but then you would see a bigger backlash from a different group of people. It would be on the news and everything.

God please make this happen. lol

The fight last night and threads today got me thinking....Seems like people only bitch and moan when a guy like Colton Smith, Tim Kennedy, Brian Stann(military guys), or a Bendo, Vitor Belfort, Jon Jones,(religous guys) fight. All because they thank GOd or mention being proud to serve in the US Military FFS.

It can't be a double standard when there isn't a single example of the opposite happening..... /thread

Well........I dont think it's very controversial especially when you aren't forced to listen to it....do these same people bitch about the National Anthem being played before sporting events? Or god forbid a moment of silence for a fallen teammate? It makes me wonder.

I dont mind moments of silence, although I dont get it. I personally bitch about the Anthem played at sporting events, I dont understand why its done. And I love mocking fighters when they talk about god and soldiering.

Pretty sure it says in the New Testament Christians would be hated for loving Jesus, so these guys should know they are in for it. Also proof Jesus could see the future, he knew Sherdog would be full of hate!

I do agree your premise TS, but that's the nature of people.

I suspect that alot of the same guys bitching about Colton, Bendo, etc...would cream their jeans in excitement and giddyness if a fighter came out and said "Im an atheist, fuck jesus".

Why do some make it out like they have to sit through a 2 hour lecture on religion or the military when they speak? I am surprised somebody hasn't bitched on here about Pat Barry and Roy Nelson mentioning the tragedy in Connecticut. Just curious.......:icon_conf:icon_conf[/QUOTE]

Its part of the end of days brother I am like you as far as religion I work that away from any churches. However most people are being drawn away and now the next wave is allowing media to brain wash them in to sever distain for even a 10 or 15 second thank you to God. These are the same mindless follower type people that followed Hiltler and will follow the White Horseman when he arrives.

It can't be a double standard when there isn't a single example of the opposite happening..... /thread

/thread ......hmmmm

You don't understand a double standard huh? Well let me tell you again. People only bitch about fighters' interviews whom thank God or the Military.

Please, don't try to be a smartass if you don't have a point to add at least.

Just asking for an answer, you have one or no? I know it will be shutdown, just wondering if anybody would be honest and say because they can't tolerate someone believing a different way than them. I guess not.

Wait, so are you trying to goad someone into saying they hate religious people and/or the military? If so, that ain't going to happen.

I dont mind moments of silence, although I dont get it. I personally bitch about the Anthem played at sporting events, I dont understand why its done. And I love mocking fighters when they talk about god and soldiering.

Ok at least you were honest....but WHY does it bother you? Im Agnostic, but could care less about Bendo or Vitor thanking God......

Its part of the end of days brother I am like you as far as religion I work that away from any churches. However most people are being drawn away and now the next wave is allowing media to brain wash them in to sever distain for even a 10 or 15 second thank you to God. These are the same mindless follower type people that followed Hiltler and will follow the White Horseman when he arrives.

LMAO!! :icon_evil

I find it anoying and pretentious. Lets thank god for a fight that i won because he loves me more then the other guy. God only answers the prayers of athletes and pop stars just ask the children in Darfur!

I don't mind if they speak about religion or their stories from when they were in the military, etc. But, I do hate it when they keep bringing it up like the world hasn't heard it before. They keep spewing the same thing over and over.

Wait, so are you trying to goad someone into saying they hate religious people and/or the military? If so, that ain't going to happen.

No I just thought maybe, just maybe somebody would be big enough to explain WHY it bothers them to hear a fighter give thanks to something important to them....I guess not though.

/thread ......hmmmm

You don't understand a double standard huh? Well let me tell you again. People only bitch about fighters' interviews whom thank God or the Military.

Please, don't try to be a smartass if you don't have a point to add at least.

Obviously you are the one who doesn't understand the concept.
This thread would have a point if there was an example of atheists and those negative to the military being inconsistent with their criticism.

Clearly this is not the case as there aren't fighters thanking Darwin after fights.
And how can you compare paying respect to 5-7 year olds getting shot with praising the army? Absurd.

I dislike religious and military people. Unless I know them personally. There are more people I dont know that I dislike for other reasons. But I am special like that. :wink:

your view on things is too open minded for the people here

people get emotional and have a strong opinion based on that emotion or upbringing whatever, then they are totally close minded and judgmental about any other viewpoint

if people could give some other viewpoint a chance, things in life, and our trajectory, would be much different

Ok at least you were honest....but WHY does it bother you? Im Agnostic, but could care less about Bendo or Vitor thanking God......

I think Im a jerk or something. I cannot give you a reasonable answer to your question.

Now you got me trying to figure out why Im a hater. LOL

This thread would have a point if there was an example of atheists and those negative to the military being inconsistent with their criticism.

Clearly this is not the case as there aren't fighters thanking Darwin after fights. And how can you compare paying respect to 5-7 year olds getting shot with praising the army? Absurd.

Well Im glad you feel smart, but if you'll notice, you are the only one that doesn't get it, as everyone else is having a discussion about it. Thanks.

Clearly this is not the case as there aren't fighters thanking Darwin after fights.
And how can you compare paying respect to 5-7 year olds getting shot with praising the army? Absurd.

Lol, I would love to see that. "I would just like to thank professor Richard Dawkins for giving me the strength to win this fight."

Back