Double Standard and Intollerance for certain Post fight Interviews

I find it anoying and pretentious. Lets thank god for a fight that i won because he loves me more then the other guy. God only answers the prayers of athletes and pop stars just ask the children in Darfur!

Sure, but they are religious. Logic and reason arent their bread and butter. They dont realize what they are saying is ridiculous.

edit: I went to far with the logic and reasoning part, but I wrote it, so I wont erase it.

Wait so what is the double standard? Did i miss it?
The double standard is this:

"I'm for freedom of speech and liberty, and I want the fighters to be able to say whatever they want. But they shouldn't say anything about A, B or C."

I think Im a jerk or something. I cannot give you a reasonable answer to your question.

Now you got me trying to figure out why Im a hater. LOL

Alright, well you're definately the first one with balls enough to say the REAL reason......:) thanks.

Well Im glad you feel smart, but if you'll notice, you are the only one that doesn't get it, as everyone else is having a discussion about it. Thanks.

You just called me dumb, I questioned your use of the term "double standard", which I perfectly explained. Keep insulting me instead of answering what I pointed out. Where is the DOUBLE standard?

I don't mind if they speak about religion or their stories from when they were in the military, etc. But, I do hate it when they keep bringing it up like the world hasn't heard it before. They keep spewing the same thing over and over.

Yeah, its annoying to me, but only cause I dont want to hear it. If the fighter said something I liked and said it often, I probably wouldnt mind.

The double standard is this:

"I'm for freedom of speech and liberty, and I want the fighters to be able to say whatever they want. But they shouldn't say anything about A, B or C."

EXACTLY. I say it in the war room all the time. People say they are for freedom of speech but what they really mean is they are for freedom of THEIR speech, and fuck everybody else's

if someone thanks god in their post fight it wont ruin my night, but I think its really fucking lame and honestly think of them as less intelligent than others.

2012 and people are still holding on to ancient fiction tales..kinda sad.

The post fights in general are annoying. You just got done whuppin' some guy's ass and now you have to come down from a freakish adrenaline high to put together coherent sentences likely in the middle of some serious emotions. It's somehow worse than the post game interviews with the losing teams where the guys are asked what happens and they have to spout the same bullshit every goddamn time. "You know, we just gotta put points on the board and work our defense, they played great tonight." We fucking know that, we just spent three hours watching the game!

Doubly so for a fight interview. I hate it when Joe asks him what was going through his mind when he was on the verge of the KO. It's such a stupid, time wasting affair. As for religious people like Bendo? It just makes the process that much more insufferable. I think I would honestly like Bendo 100% if it wasn't for that and I'm a huge Frankie fan. It has nothing to do with him being a fighter; I wouldn't want to hang around any normal guy who compulsively needs to remind you every chance he gets that he loves Jesus either.

I'm agnostic but I never get why religious guys thank God after wins, but don't thank God for his will being done after their losses.

this

bones says it best

god doesnt help him win or lose

he just blessed him with skills to compete

:eek:

No I just thought maybe, just maybe somebody would be big enough to explain WHY it bothers them to hear a fighter give thanks to something important to them....I guess not though.

Hey, I am more than fat enough to try to explain. But I dont have a reasonable reason why. I can say, I hate hearing it, specifically because of what I think of religion and the military. But there is no good answer to the question. Its just hate, for the sake of hate.

Bitterness I guess.

You just called me dumb, I questioned your use of the term "double standard", which I perfectly explained. Keep insulting me instead of answering what I pointed out. Where is the DOUBLE standard?

Listen hotrod....Nobody called you dumb. Go back and look, it's only a few pages long. What I did say, is I hate when people put a fucking /thread like they are the be all end all of knowledge on here. Especiallly when you keep harping on the double standard thing, but you are the only one who doesn't seem to get it. there are several others having a discussion about the issue. they obviously get it. Pay attention to what they are saying and see if you can fall in.:wink:

Alright, well you're definately the first one with balls enough to say the REAL reason......:) thanks.

Wait, so now you are insulting anyone who hasn't explicitly said "I'm a hater" Have you considered that many just don't have an answer, or just don't care either way?

EXACTLY. I say it in the war room all the time. People say they are for freedom of speech but what they really mean is they are for freedom of THEIR speech, and fuck everybody else's

This is typical Rush Limbaugh black/white thinking. You seem to generalize atheists and those not in the support of the military to a great extent.
Find me one single poster who believes that even if all the jesus-praising gets repetitive, he believes that they should censor their post fight speech?
This is the same Ariel Helwani technique to create unnecessary drama, when to begin with there isn't much of a problem.

Sure, but they are religious. Logic and reason arent their bread and butter. They dont realize what they are saying is ridiculous.

edit: I went to far with the logic and reasoning part, but I wrote it, so I wont erase it.[/ It's not an excuse! And if a muslim was on there thanking ala and telling americans to cover up thier women people would go nuts.

Obviously you are the one who doesn't understand the concept.
This thread would have a point if there was an example of atheists and those negative to the military being inconsistent with their criticism.

Clearly this is not the case as there aren't fighters thanking Darwin after fights.
And how can you compare paying respect to 5-7 year olds getting shot with praising the army? Absurd.

Well, if a fighter thanked Darwin for the win and was trying to be funny, I would love him(or her). But if they were being serious, I would respond the way I do with the religious/military vocalists. And it would be because I would think they are retarded.

Listen hotrod....Nobody called you dumb. Go back and look, it's only a few pages long. What I did say, is I hate when people put a fucking /thread like they are the be all end all of knowledge on here. Especiallly when you keep harping on the double standard thing, but you are the only one who doesn't seem to get it. there are several others having a discussion about the issue. they obviously get it. Pay attention to what they are saying and see if you can fall in.:wink:

You just showed your true colors with another condescending post that fails to answer any of my points :) Keep baiting people.

They won the fight, they can say what they want. Go win something and then say whatever you want.

Hey, I am more than fat enough to try to explain. But I dont have a reasonable reason why. I can say, I hate hearing it, specifically because of what I think of religion and the military. But there is no good answer to the question. Its just hate, for the sake of hate.

Bitterness I guess.

You're a little late...I already thanked you for being the first poster with enough balls to explain why ....but thanks for goin further in depth....:)

Lol, I would love to see that. "I would just like to thank professor Richard Dawkins for giving me the strength to win this fight."

LOL, again if they were being funny, this would be awesome. But if they meant it, I would cringe, just like I do when they start thanking their invisible friend for helping them kick someones ass.

It seems like what the OP really wants is for those whining about god in the UFC to not voice their opinion? You are the only one with a double standard here.

Back