Double champs are stupid and clog up the divisions

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Now that we know what its like to have double champs, can we mainly agree that it has to do with getting the right fights at the right time as opposed to truly cleaning out their division and moving up or down a weight class? Double champs also keep everyone waiting for title shots. You have to wait for the double champ's match-ups to play out before someone can get a title shot.

For example, if Henry goes back to 125 and fights Joe B, whoever is next in line at 135 has to wait on that fight to happen. If someone gets injured, it gets pushed up even further. They also have double leverage and can take more time off. DC was double champ, but never had any intention to go back to 205. Conor was the same, he never planned on going back to 145, and was gifted the perfect fight at 155. Nunes is actually trying to defend her 145 belt, but there is little to no competition.

I find a champ defending their title 4-5 times consecutively is more impressive then being a double champ who never defends, or rarely fights.

Double champs should have to defend their titles against the #1 contenders of each weight class at the same time.

Double champs should be considered when the division gets stale like the LHW, HW divisions

xDtydB9.gif

There's nothing worse than a champ who doesn't defend.

DC was never double Champ cos he didnt beat the champ at lhw.
Conor was never double champ cos Eddie Alvarez wasn't the real champ.
Cejudo was never double champ cos TJ was never the real champ and MM beat him.

The fake double champs cant hold onto the belts for long anyway so it's just a little bit of fun until they get their asses whipped or they just relinquish the belt so no problem

Whatever I’m glad cejudo ended tjs career

They think they attract more money in champ vs champ events, but then they lose the same amount when they don't have other title fights.

I agree it shows how bad the UFC is lacking in star power right now. They have to rely heavily on their champions and the few household names they have left.

Yet the same people who will agree with this cant stop speaking from both sides of their mouth and keep asking for Jones to go challenge the HW belt

<BC1>

Last edited:
Yet the same people cant stop speaking from both sides of their mouth and keep asking for Jones to go challenge the HW belt

<BC1>
Jones i think is different. There's jones and then the rest. if he moves up for good we'll have a hot potato division i think, much we had when Chuck lost the title. I'd like to see take one fight there but he should go permanently. Although if he never does that is his right.

DC was never double Champ cos he didnt beat the champ at lhw.
Conor was never double champ cos Eddie Alvarez wasn't the real champ.
Cejudo was never double champ cos TJ was never the real champ and MM beat him.

The fake double champs cant hold onto the belts for long anyway so it's just a little bit of fun until they get their asses whipped or they just relinquish the belt so no problem
If you are a UFC Champion, technically you are a UFC Champion.

Now that we know what its like to have double champs, can we mainly agree that it has to do with getting the right fights at the right time as opposed to truly cleaning out their division and moving up or down a weight class? Double champs also keep everyone waiting for title shots. You have to wait for the double champ's match-ups to play out before someone can get a title shot.

For example, if Henry goes back to 125 and fights Joe B, whoever is next in line at 135 has to wait on that fight to happen. If someone gets injured, it gets pushed up even further. They also have double leverage and can take more time off. DC was double champ, but never had any intention to go back to 205. Conor was the same, he never planned on going back to 145, and was gifted the perfect fight at 155. Nunes is actually trying to defend her 145 belt, but there is little to no competition.

I find a champ defending their title 4-5 times consecutively is more impressive then being a double champ who never defends, or rarely fights.
THANK YOU

Double champs in theory are awesome. They are the most elite of the elite. Once in a year or two phenomenon. In theory, they'd defend both belts twice a year.

In practice, they get injured and both divisions are clogged up, or they intentionally sit out for one weird undeserving big money opponent.

Back