• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DoorDash/Uber eats Delivery Drivers

These drivers aren't very bright and they don't follow delivery instructions. Same with Amazon drivers. I have a hose hangout beside my front door, and instead of putting the delivery behind it like I request they just put it directly in front of my door for everyone to see.

Local news said one of these delivery drivers here made six figures in a year.
I knew a few who did delivery for different app services and made decent bank but that was 8 years a go haha

The service was cool years a go because you were able to get sweet deals. But now ordering from the apps costs more than double what the food costs. They mark up the price on the items and charge for service and delivery minus the tip for the driver <36>

I was a bigot for 2 hour because this Indian bro stole my momos. I had to go get Taco Bell afterwards because the restaurants close at 10pm.

I know someone spit in my burger when I ordered from Harvey's here. I try to just order from grocery stores now.

Only thing that's really worth it. You save time and gas and no chance of spit in food or someone eating or drinking your stuff. These guys should have body cams.

These drivers aren't very bright and they don't follow delivery instructions. Same with Amazon drivers. I have a hose hangout beside my front door, and instead of putting the delivery behind it like I request they just put it directly in front of my door for everyone to see.
Why can't Amazon drivers just knock on the door to let me know my package has arrived? I don't expect them to wait for me but just a quick knock before they leave.

I use them quite a bit.

I've reported wrong food orders and cancelled because of length of time.

One thing that really bothers me is the general lack of English speaking with the deliverers. Whenever I've called them directly, I've never understood them and they don't seem to understand me, perhaps deliberately.

I ordered Nandos once and I received a message from the deliverer. I looked outside of my flat by the main road to see her riding around. I called her, waved at her with half of my body out of the window, then after giving the clearest instructions that I could, repeatedly, I had to go downstairs, with an injured ankle, onto the main road, only to see that she's gone, without giving me my food.

I don't have anything against immigrants, and I get that people are trying to make a living, but you should have to be able to speak English on the phone when dealing with customers...

Those drivers are fucking morons. I had to stop ordering from them because for some reason they would drive around to the back of the property and drop it off at the barn instead of the house. It really sucked when I had a ankle surgery in the middle of winter and was on crutches.

If multiple drivers made that same odd mistake...you might have pinned that specific point as the drop off location.

Also, most of these drivers can't read or speak English and they won't call you if they need specific instructions.

I wouldn't be comfortable with these drivers knowing my house, especially if I lived in a nice home and was tipping a lot. With a dominos pizza driver, at least I know he's employed by the restaurant and has been vetted. But many of these drivers are illegals without work permits using fake uber/doordash accounts.

I stopped using delivery services forever

All the pizza places here use Doordash now. If you order Dominoes Pizza, a Doordasher delivers it and he doesn't have that big leather oven bag that keeps your pizzas hot. Your pizza is sitting in the box on the passenger seat getting cold and stale

The last time I ordered pizza and wings.. The wings came in a plastic container with a sticker to show it was sealed.. Homeboy peeled the sticker back and ate my wings.. I had a container of chicken wing bones.

I called Pizza Hut.. Got a full refund on everything it was all tampered with. I sword off deliveries forever unless it goes back to the way it was

If I order pizza, I want an employee of that pizza place to deliver it.. Not some stoner kid

The truth is that unless you're a senior citizen or have some sort of injury that makes it hard to leave your house then get off of your asss and pick up your own to go orders. People are so unbelievably lazy nowadays that these services shouldn't even exist. With all of the tippings and taxes you pay for these services you're paying twice as much for your food to get it much later then if you went and got it yourself and the food is not at its peak quality.

a lot of orders come in later than it looks because they stack the orders. The customer is informed that it has been picked up but not that there are 5 others in front of there's.

Is there such thing as food delivery person who is also "transportation coordinator" and uniform is tiny g-string?

Back