Don't pretend you don't miss this

I don't miss watching a man in diapers hitting a drum for no reason.

The entrances were quite special. It would be a nice way to fill time too instead of just having Joe and Goldie fill dead air.

Those entrances for final conflict 2004 were amazing with the image over the stadium

Those images were made for TV, they weren't projected in the arena.

The first thing the commentator says is "From now, the war begins".

Pride was awesome, they made the fighters seem like Super Heroes...wish UFC had these walk outs

WWE does it, UFC is taking a few of those marketing elements from WWE why not this?

I think the entrances/overall production value in Pride was greatly superior to that of the UFC's. I remember the 4 deadpan stares from Fedor & team during the Russian national anthem from Nog I. Great stuff.

I used to buy PRIDE PPVs, too, and have fond memories. It introduced me to Miruko Kuro Koppu, one of my favorite fighters. But then again, at least I'm consistent. I didn't shit on PRIDE then for their puroresu-ers just like I don't shit on the UFC or CM Punk now for being a pro wrassler.

That screaming chick they had was absolute trash, though.

You didn't like her at all? I thought she brought an eccentric component to the show that impacted the entrances well...

I like them and it has nothing to do with them being Japanese or other Asian promotion. Sometimes I'll watch lower tier events to see what they are up to.

Nothing will ever be as awesome as the Kakutōgi Boom.

I remember seeing some audience even shed a tear on some entrances...I don't think it was Fedors...probably inoki...

and speaking of inoki...
1386862218_1ob5cwc_g9dqe3.gif

Meh, you're just another MMA Orientalist. You guys think it's cool because it's Japanese, that's all. If the UFC did this, you'd be deriding it as another instance of evil Dana White turning our beloved sport into a WWE-esque circus.

It's far more likely that people like it because of it's theatrical nature, than because it happened in Japan.

A love of entertainment is far more universal than a love of Japan.

I used to buy PRIDE PPVs, too, and have fond memories. It introduced me to Miruko Kuro Koppu, one of my favorite fighters. But then again, at least I'm consistent. I didn't shit on PRIDE then for their puroresu-ers just like I don't shit on the UFC or CM Punk now for being a pro wrassler.

That screaming chick they had was absolute trash, though.
I have noticed a trend with you. You play devils advocate in every thread I have seen you in. Are you trying to become famous with your outrageousness? These forums don't need a Chael Sonnen bruh.

Meh, you're just another MMA Orientalist. You guys think it's cool because it's Japanese, that's all. If the UFC did this, you'd be deriding it as another instance of evil Dana White turning our beloved sport into a WWE-esque circus.

China make good Donald Trump ties, only 90 dolla, buy good Trump tie now.

I have noticed a trend with you. You play devils advocate in every thread I have seen you in. Are you trying to become famous with your outrageousness? These forums don't need a Chael Sonnen bruh.

He did not watch nor read fight club. Someone has to tell him that he is not his sherdog account.

How many here who loved the PRIDE Pro-Wrestling style entrances were moaning when the UFC had those grandiose entrances for Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes being sung out by some music superstars?

Either way, walkouts don't mean shit to me. When watching a recorded event, I fast forward them.

I just care about the fights.

I'm not 10 years old anymore and watching WWF.

(except for Genki Sudo--P4P best walkout artist ever.)

As cheesy as the Japanese shows can be, there's something to be said about authenticity. Though you are probably right.

Back