Don't compare Conor Mcgregor to BJ Penn until Conor wins a Welterweight championship.

Ah and, BTW: I doubt about Benson. He was not that good in 2009.

Had a fight vs Cerrone that he barely won because he gassed in championship rounds.
He would've had a hard time both with Florian and Sanchez back then. But he improved big time.

Yeah fair enough. I'd maybe pick him against Florian, it would be interesting, but not Sanchez. What Sanchez did to Guida would probably have played out again against Bendo.

Yeah fair enough. I'd maybe pick him against Florian, it would be interesting, but not Sanchez. What Sanchez did to Guida would probably have played out again against Bendo.

Don't underestimate Florian, too. His game was always underestimated:
He was a very good and unorthodox striker, aggressive one. His elbows cut people like Ferguson does, and if he was on top, there was no way back.

Don't underestimate Florian, too. His game was always underestimated:
He was a very good and unorthodox striker, aggressive one. His elbows cut people like Ferguson does, and if he was on top, there was no way back.

Florian had a solid game for sure. I was a big fan. He kind of ruined Roger Huerta's career. I remember when Huerta was being touted as the next big thing, he was dating Donna from that 70's show, and then just became a huge flop after the Florian loss. In any case, I just don't see Florian finding a way to get on top of Bendo or hurting him much in the striking department - but I would have liked to see the fight. I could easily be wrong.

Tito Ortiz > BJ Penn

But seriously, I been watching this UFC shit since it was on Spike TV. I barely saw BJ Penn on UFC Unleashed. Dude was never a likable guy. He was just a midget sized Robbie Lawler with a privileged Hawaiian attitude.

hqdefault.jpg

BJ penn fans get a hard on for this one. Joe was on roids (those arms are not natural) and still got his ass wooped. That's why he cry.

n any case, I just don't see Florian finding a way to get on top of Bendo or hurting him much in the striking department - but I would have liked to see the fight. I could easily be wrong.

I remember Cerrone coming very very close to submitting Bendo...in the first round. Bendo barely escaped.
Florian was more experienced, better grappler than Cerrone, and his elbows from the bottom caused some nasty cuts in the past.

Make BJ Penn great again. He can win against this Ryan Hall BJJ dude.

Back