Don't compare Conor Mcgregor to BJ Penn until Conor wins a Welterweight championship.

BJ would have killed Conor and he would have made it look easy.

There's no universe where Conor knocks BJ out, and he has no other way to win. Conor gets choked out long before this would have gone to a decision, do you think BJ could take Jon Fitch down but not Conor? If so you're living in fantasy land.

Most of the people who beat BJ, if not all of them, would have beaten Conor. Some of those fights wouldn't have been sanctioned because they would have sanctioned murder.

I get a laugh when you guys drone on about Nate being the "good" Diaz. Nick would have absolutely murdered Conor. The man went toe-to-toe with Anderson Silva, he would have had no problems with pillow fist McGregor.

Gets knocked out by grapplers, but Conor can't do it. LOL, k.

This is why Sherdog has no merit. Too many people with delusion towards their favorite fighter 20 years ago. Either they can't literally decipher the skill difference, or they're too blinded by nostalgia to do it.

Either way, I can assure BJ isn't close to skill level compared to any of the top LWs today.

Im with this dude.

Penn got lucky against Matt—the rematch established this.

Khabib was clearly better than Conor and didn’t win because of a fluke (at this time, there is no reason to think it was a fluke).

There is no comparison.
<mma3>

Gets knocked out by grapplers, but Conor can't do it. LOL, k.

This is why Sherdog has no merit. Too many people with delusion towards their favorite fighter 20 years ago. Either they can't literally decipher the skill difference, or they're too blinded by nostalgia to do it.

Either way, I can assure BJ isn't close to skill level compared to any of the top LWs today.

Assure away, it's not like you have any idea what you're talking about.

Assure away, it's not like you have any idea what you're talking about.

On the contrary, it is you that doesn't.

It will be exposed soon enough when your kind is gone from the sport, and a new generation has virtually no or little clue who BJ is and rightfully so.

lol what's hilarious is I bet you actually believe that.

Conor didn't cut, he went into the fight right at 170, Nate cut, walked in to the octagon at 190, stop hating for a second and use your logic, Nate walks around at 200, 210 maybe even 220, go get your facts straight.

Bj penn was the best in the world when the top guys were just though guys. It was the golden and all but bj is fron the old school so he wss a though guy himself, he is a legend of the sport and a hall of famer for a reason.
But honestly there is a new breed of athlete fighters and it isnt a fair comparison.

Connor was way more dominant than bj ever was.
Did bj ever beat anyone equivalent to porrier, max holloway or nate diaz?
Nope, bj beat joe daddy stevenson and diego sanchez and matt hughes at the end of his reign.

GGiefGv.gif

Prime bj subs Conner. Any other answer is retarded.

And which one is prime penn?

When he lost to jens?

When he beat reality winner joe daddy?

Maybe when he beat reality show contestant Kenny Florian?

When he got tooled by Frankie? Maybe the brief period between when he beat up a reality tv show personality and when Frankie whooped his ass.

That's not a fair comparison. One won titles in featherweight and lightweight the other in lightweight and welterweight. Also Penn fought at heavyweight. Let's see Mac fight above 170 and this isn't hating on him. Penn hasnt been spectacular at 145 Macs run was stuff of legend. Apples and oranges comparison

He had 3 total defenses at LW. He got wrecked by Edgar in 2 rematches. Edgar was/is a better LW than Penn. A better legacy..

Have you ever heard about evolution?
Or, maybe, you think that Muhammed Ali sucks because he would've been beaten by Anthony Joshua?

Edgar beat Penn and became champion. Edgar is an amazing fighter as well, and well deserved champion in MMA.
However, he WAS NOT as dominant as Penn was, his reign was NOT as important.
And one thing for sure: losses to Edgar DEFINITELY do not make Penn "overrated"/

From 2005-2010 Penn compiled a record of 7-6.. He was young and in his prime and THAT was his record. Yes he jumped classes but you don't give him a pass for that.. And his LW record was only 5-2.. Losing badly to Edgar in the rematch..

I see you're kinda slow...especially that you repeat yourself 3 times in one response:
RECORDS MEAN NOTHING IN MMA

A lot of LW champions would be considered extremely dominant if they got to defend against Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez.

Thank You.. Diego even at his best was just a decent wrestling brawler.. That was one of BJ's biggest wins.. Eddie who Conor mauled, is twice the fighter Diego ever was..

Oh really? Back when Penn was a champion? Everyone could beat Florian and Sanchez?

Names, please. Give me names of those who could beat them back then.
I'm waiting.

Oh really? Back when Penn was a champion? Everyone could beat Florian and Sanchez?

Names, please. Give me names of those who could beat them back then.
I'm waiting.

Edgar, Maynard and Benson Henderson were in the mix at that time and I would have favored them to win those matchups. Not easy fights though.

Edgar, Maynard and Benson Henderson were in the mix at that time and I would have favored them to win those matchups. Not easy fights though.

Well, there was a reason all of those became either champions or future contenders immediately afterwards...

Well, there was a reason all of those became either champions or future contenders immediately afterwards...

Yeah, Penn was champ in a stacked era for sure. The LW division has been great for a long time.

Ah and, BTW: I doubt about Benson. He was not that good in 2009.

Had a fight vs Cerrone that he barely won because he gassed in championship rounds.
He would've had a hard time both with Florian and Sanchez back then. But he improved big time.

Back