Donnie going after WHO

The US reaction, and the global reaction overall barring China, has been more extreme, more early, and more comprehensive than the reaction to any disease in human history. .

LOL!! Like then what would you call South Korea's reaction to the disease? This "best in history" shit is right out of Trump's mouth. I have never seen a press conference where people complimented themselves so much like Trump does. It's like a rap song for fat white guys in suits.

Ok. So you don't know what advice WHO gave him, but you 100% know that there is no way it could have been bad, incomplete, or late?

It sounds like you agree with everyone else in this thread btw. There isn't much point for us to keep funding WHO, especially if like you say, we should just disregard their advice.

Come on man, have you given up on the facts already and resulting to this shit? Do you jerk off to Trump pictures?

Martial Law doesn't fly not because Trump is afraid to...maybe you don't know it has to be approved by senate and congress first? Then you will have liberals going to the street and protest which will then cause more infections...be grateful Trump was in power...but let's go back....Do you commend on WHO's stance right from the start that COVID is not capable of Human to human transfer, that China was able to contain the virus and they were transparent about the real numbers of infected and deaths in China? Do you commend WHO's advise that Travel ban shouldn't be imposed by the US? Your hatred for Trump blinds you of what this thread is all about. Cut funding due to incompetence by WHO. If it was Obama cutting funds on WHO because of this virus, would you oppose him too?

What about just asking people to stay home? To wear a mask? Wear gloves?

It's not a binary choice. Are you saying Trump was afraid of liberals protesting in the streets and infecting each other? You are just making shit up man.

Are you referring to the WHO tweet on January 14? They said this is what China has said. The WHO did not say it was their opinion so you have your facts wrong.

What about just asking people to stay home? To wear a mask? Wear gloves?

It's not a binary choice. Are you saying Trump was afraid of liberals protesting in the streets and infecting each other? You are just making shit up man.

Are you referring to the WHO tweet on January 14? They said this is what China has said. The WHO did not say it was their opinion so you have your facts wrong.
WEaring Mask? WHO implemented that wearing masks is ineffective...did you know this?

LOL!! Like then what would you call South Korea's reaction to the disease? This "best in history" shit is right out of Trump's mouth. I have never seen a press conference where people complimented themselves so much like Trump does. It's like a rap song for fat white guys in suits.

I didn't call it the best in history. Go back and review what I said. You'll also note that I included the entire world sans China "The US reaction and the global reaction overall". I'm duly impressed by the South Koreans.

People like yourself are complaining that the reaction to the Wuhan virus has been negligent, but it's actually been impressively forceful. We just shut down most of the globe. The US shut down air travel with China weeks before the first US death from the virus. It boggles the mind that anyone would consider that a weak response. We were told a few weeks ago to expect several hundred thousand US deaths. Now the estimates have been revised to the neighborhood of fifty or sixty thousand deaths. So we are doing much better than experts thought we would have. That's a good thing and it suggests that our counter measures have been effective, not ineffective.

Furthermore, and to the point of this thread, China intentionally suppressed the truth about the virus they unleashed in Wuhan. The misleading data they presented is what other nations were looking at as they prepared for the spread. To the extent they were underprepared it was due to believing the lies of the Chinese Communists and the WHO that parroted them.

I didn't call it the best in history. Go back and review what I said. You'll also note that I included the entire world sans China "The US reaction and the global reaction overall". I'm duly impressed by the South Koreans.

People like yourself are complaining that the reaction to the Wuhan virus has been negligent, but it's actually been impressively forceful. We just shut down most of the globe. The US shut down air travel with China weeks before the first US death from the virus. It boggles the mind that anyone would consider that a weak response. We were told a few weeks ago to expect several hundred thousand US deaths. Now the estimates have been revised to the neighborhood of fifty or sixty thousand deaths. So we are doing much better than experts thought we would have. That's a good thing and it suggests that our counter measures have been effective, not ineffective.

Furthermore, and to the point of this thread, China intentionally suppressed the truth about the virus they unleashed in Wuhan. The misleading data they presented is what other nations were looking at as they prepared for the spread. To the extent they were underprepared it was due to believing the lies of the Chinese Communists and the WHO that parroted them.

Yeah, we look at the same thing and see it differently. I see the US with three times more cases than country in the world and think we fucked up. You see us the the most cases in the world and think we were really forceful.
ytghi3dt0on41.jpg

Yeah, we look at the same thing and see it differently. I see the US with three times more cases than country in the world and think we fucked up. You see us the the most cases in the world and think we were really forceful.
ytghi3dt0on41.jpg

The fact that you think the US has three times as many cases as any other country in the world is a perfect illustration of how badly the WHO has done their job. It is obviously untrue.

The fact that you think the US has three times as many cases as any other country in the world is a perfect illustration of how badly the WHO has done their job. It is obviously untrue.

If you have better stats then bring them out. Seems like we have under tested the population so far too.

I'm not sure how the US being caught flat footed and dropping the ball is the WHO's fault. As for the forceful measures Trump's took to combat the spread, you do know he held a campaign rally March 2 with close to 10,000 people in a packed coliseum. That's not taking the threat seriously.

The best treatment seems to be plasma based. To used plasma treatment, you need to find plasma donors, and to find plasma donors you need tests. Either antibody tests or people that have tested positive and then tested negative. Donnie is promoting some random ass Malaria drug since he shit the bed on testing, along with many other fellow Republican boot licker governors. Donnie is a conman. Donnie has run nearly every business he's been involved in outside the one his daddy built into the ground. His most successful business was playing himself on a tv show, because he is a lunatic.
That “random ass malaria drug” was already researched in a quick study done by a French hospital, it’s not Donnie’s idea, he’s pushing it as a stop gap treatment, and from all anecdotal information and doctor testimony the shit works, and works fast.
some countries are less affected then others
some countries have far less deaths then others
but US is first in both metrics now - why? cause of the shitty response
Per capita dude, we have a country of 330 million (plus 10-30 million illegals, non residents, etc) our per million death-rate is actually pretty low, when comparing us to a country that is 1/10th the population you have to compare per capita, not total numbers.

yeesh, did anybody learn maths in school or are you just following MSM and blue check mark talking points?!

Even allowing for the assumption that the WHO fucked up, how exactly is defunding them supposed to help? Next time a new, serious disease pops up (and there will always be a next time, whether it takes 5 years or 50 years) and there’s no international body available to share information and help coordinate response efforts?

What happens the next time Ebola breaks out in West Africa without the WHO there to help out those shithole countries?

If you have better stats then bring them out. Seems like we have under tested the population so far too.

I'm not sure how the US being caught flat footed and dropping the ball is the WHO's fault. As for the forceful measures Trump's took to combat the spread, you do know he held a campaign rally March 2 with close to 10,000 people in a packed coliseum. That's not taking the threat seriously.

The US being caught flat-footed, assuming arguendo that we were, is entirely the WHO's fault. The WHO was warned in December that the Wuhan virus was spreading person to person in Taiwan. They sat on this information until Jan. 20. They stole a month of prep time from the rest of the world by hiding key facts to help China avoid embarrassment. The WHO was extremely slow to recommend any of the most sensible routes, such as cutting air traffic. It was the US government, not the WHO, that took the lead in doing those things, because the WHO displayed little concern about the possibility of a pandemic. Their higher priority was helping China attempt to cover their ass. It was a disgrace that will make it extremely hard to trust the WHO going forward. It's not just that they were wrong; they simply decided other things were more important than the health of the world.

As far as stats, given the much higher early estimates of Wuhan virus deaths from the CDC et al, the current much lower estimates can be seen as an encouraging statistical sign that we fared pretty well. After all, so far we've significantly outperformed most experts predictions. We aren't out of the woods yet, but today's reports that at least seven states, including the battered NY, seem to have peaked are really good to hear.

Even allowing for the assumption that the WHO fucked up, how exactly is defunding them supposed to help?

The WHO didn't fuck up. They fucked the world over. Not the same at all. Defunding them helps remove an untrustworthy player from a position that requires a high degree of trustworthiness. It also demonstrates that politicizing what should be a non-political role has consequences.

The US being caught flat-footed, assuming arguendo that we were, is entirely the WHO's fault. The WHO was warned in December that the Wuhan virus was spreading person to person in Taiwan. They sat on this information until Jan. 20. They stole a month of prep time from the rest of the world by hiding key facts to help China avoid embarrassment. The WHO was extremely slow to recommend any of the most sensible routes, such as cutting air traffic. It was the US government, not the WHO, that took the lead in doing those things, because the WHO displayed little concern about the possibility of a pandemic. Their higher priority was helping China attempt to cover their ass. It was a disgrace that will make it extremely hard to trust the WHO going forward. It's not just that they were wrong; they simply decided other things were more important than the health of the world.

As far as stats, given the much higher early estimates of Wuhan virus deaths from the CDC et al, the current much lower estimates can be seen as an encouraging statistical sign that we fared pretty well. After all, so far we've significantly outperformed most experts predictions. We aren't out of the woods yet, but today's reports that at least seven states, including the battered NY, seem to have peaked are really good to hear.

I see, you think it's a giant WHO/China CT and the US is not to be faulted at all. Okay, got it.

BTW the logic in the models were changed which resulted in the lower estimates.

This still doesn't excuse holding a campaign rally in March. Shit like this led to the rapid spread.

I see, you think it's a giant WHO/China CT and the US is not to be faulted at all. Okay, got it.

BTW the logic in the models were changed which resulted in the lower estimates.

This still doesn't excuse holding a campaign rally in March. Shit like this led to the rapid spread.

How is Europe doing? Or did Trump fuck things up for them too?

I wish I had a pipe.
But my point is that too many people just pick a side, rather than accepting that 2 separate parties can both be incompetent.
Both sides might be incompetent, but one side works for policies that hurt the average American, excuses and even facilitates wholesale corruption, and constantly acts in bad faith. I'll choose plain incompetence over granting power to cooks and con men any day of the week.

The WHO didn't fuck up. They fucked the world over. Not the same at all. Defunding them helps remove an untrustworthy player from a position that requires a high degree of trustworthiness. It also demonstrates that politicizing what should be a non-political role has consequences.
If you want "to remove an untrustworthy player from a position that requires a high degree of trustworthiness" and you're still a Trump supporter, then that's a World Record level of cognitive dissonance going on there.

Back