Economy Donald Trump launches sneaker line

I once explained this phenomenon to someone by comparing it to how Mormons treat black people. Once they realized they had no legal grounds to keep black people out forever, they started to kind of allow black people to be Mormon, but they can't really be Mormon. Suddenly there were distinct tiers of Mormonism. Faux News always speaks often often represents them in a similar light. Like when David Duke parades around his "black separatist" friends. "Hey look everyone, see I cant be racist because this black guy who agrees we should live apart as races is someone I like!"

Now there are definitely Democrats who also refer to black voters as monolithic and think stereotypical tropes are the way to appeal to them, being as that's how establishments have always interacted with them.
I know. I've always lived in parts of the country with a decent black and/or hispanic population but I know lots of Americans probably only know black America as something they see on tv.

I remember when I went to college meeting people who had never met a Hispanic person before dorming with one. And they knew maybe 1-2 black people. It's wild that in a country with millions of minorities that some people really only know them through media. But it's the world we live in.

I know. I've always lived in parts of the country with a decent black and/or hispanic population but I know lots of Americans probably only know black America as something they see on tv.

I remember when I went to college meeting people who had never met a Hispanic person before dorming with one. And they knew maybe 1-2 black people. It's wild that in a country with millions of minorities that some people really only know them through media. But it's the world we live in.

One of my students is 1/4 Mexican, otherwise white. He went to school in 2 places, Hawaii, and Utah. He said in Hawaii he first learned to fight because the islanders just solved problems that way, and he was a glaring problem (no pun intended). But then when he moved to Utah he said it was weird being mostly around kids that looked more like him. However he said hed catch them really looking intently at him here and there. Once he made friends he felt comfortable asking one of them why:

"Oh it's because they can tell you're white but not like...all the way white."

Yes, the common theme is people sponsored by the donor class seeing the working class and minorities as being beneath them, sources of entertainmen, and think that acquiring their support is a matter of trotting out tropes. Glad we could agree.

The sneakers are dumb, Trump is dumb, Trudeau is dumb, Warren is dumb, Clinton is dumb. Only one of those is a wannabe dictator who unapologetically fellates other dictators.

well to be fair, trudeau said the other month that he admired the chinese dictator, winnie the pooh or whatever the fuck his name is.

This is funny Louis Vuitton owns the trademark for red bottom shoes. They could force Trump to change the design of the shoes lol. Maybe wait till July after the shoes start Shipping an sue to stop it. Lol

they have a history of suing anyone who breaks their trademark. They will probably sue him too.

This is funny Louis Vuitton owns the trademark for red bottom shoes. They could force Trump to change the design of the shoes lol. Maybe wait till July after the shoes start Shipping an sue to stop it. Lol

let the lawsuits commence!

So not only are overpriced sneakers the key to black votes, but:

"Speaking at the Black Conservative Federation Gala on Friday night, Donald Trump insisted that “a lot of people” have said that “the Black people” like him because of his 91 felony charges. Trump compared being held responsible for his alleged criminal acts to the Black experience, claiming that Black voters view Trump as being a victim of “discrimination.”

Lolz, and:

"In one strange, rambling moment, Donald Trump said the lights were so bright that he couldn’t see any people “except the Black ones.”

And further still:

"Trump then compared himself to former President Barack Obama, asking the crowd, “Would you rather have the Black president or the white president? I think they want the white guy," while claiming to have negotiated a better deal than Obama in a deal with Boeing."

Man...this dude...

I just watched his monologue from the recent SNL, he was pretty funny. He's getting heat for gay and down syndrome jokes, but I thought his material was decent and it wasn't mean spirited. I bet he's a lot of fun live.

You can find it here along with a critique that suggests he bombed, which I don't think is true.

So not only are overpriced sneakers the key to black votes, but:

"Speaking at the Black Conservative Federation Gala on Friday night, Donald Trump insisted that “a lot of people” have said that “the Black people” like him because of his 91 felony charges. Trump compared being held responsible for his alleged criminal acts to the Black experience, claiming that Black voters view Trump as being a victim of “discrimination.”

Lolz, and:

"In one strange, rambling moment, Donald Trump said the lights were so bright that he couldn’t see any people “except the Black ones.”

And further still:

"Trump then compared himself to former President Barack Obama, asking the crowd, “Would you rather have the Black president or the white president? I think they want the white guy," while claiming to have negotiated a better deal than Obama in a deal with Boeing."

Man...this dude...
Well, Trump himself has said he's always been a great friend to "the blacks".

What a stupid, silly planet where you can have a trademark on that.
True but cheap knockoffs created the need to provide protection for companies. They can go after the manufacturer of said product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back