donald trump is surging

He's only spent a couple million so far at the most. And that couple million is probably well worth the attention and publicity he has got. And her has almost certainly made more than that in speaking fees. Thus far, Trumps presidential campaign is probably actually turning a small profit.

The serious campaign spending has not started yet. And his website accepts donations just like any other candidate. I suspect he will be out of the race before candidates are spending $20 million a quarter when things heat up.

Mark my words. Out before the Iowa caucus.

Thinking that trump is running for some kind of exposure or profit is delusional. Your hate for him is clouding your judgement. You do know hes a huge billionaire and TV personality already, right ?

What's wrong with CU is that it makes it even easier for billionaires to push agendas that are not in the best interests of the vast majority of US citizens. Having a billionaire as candidate just results in the same problem. It simply cuts out the donating middleman.

I dont see corporations buying influence by funding a candidate the same as a candidate being a billionaire. He is still his own man and can do what he thinks is best for America. A candidate bought and paid for by big business cannot.

Thinking that trump is running for some kind of exposure or profit is delusional. Your hate for him is clouding your judgement. You do know hes a huge billionaire and TV personality already, right ?

I admit I do not like him. But my judgement is hardly clouded.

Trump started publicly flirting with the Presidency all the way back in 1987/1988. In 2000 he actually got votes in a CA primary on the Reform Party Ticket, even though he had already pulled out.

He has formed 'exploratory committees' on running for Governor in NY 2-3 times, most recently in 2013. He never entered the race, despite claiming to have incredible levels of support.

He was on TV publicly discussing a run for President in both the 2008 and 2012 election cycles. In 2012, he was also polling highest among Republicans for the briefest of moments.

Trump is a prick. But he is an exceptional businessman. And his ability to manipulate idiots, not once, not twice, but over and over again, is truly legendary. I am simply predicting the man will do exactly what he has always done in the political arena for the last 28 years of his life. Which is get some attention and leave.

Mark my words- he's out by the Iowa Caucus.

Last edited:
I dont see corporations buying influence by funding a candidate the same as a candidate being a billionaire. He is still his own man and can do what he thinks is best for America. A candidate bought and paid for by big business cannot.

No they just cut out the middle man. Look at Rick Scott. He tried to pass a law that people receiving welfare had to take a drug test at the clinics he owned, err I mean the ones he transferred to his wife while in office when he got elected. Rick Scott is loaded with money and might be the shadiest governor currently.

I admit I do not like him. But my judgement is hardly clouded.

Trump started publicly flirting with the Presidency all the way back in 1987/1988. In 2000 he actually got votes in a CA primary on the Reform Party Ticket, even though he had already pulled out.

He has formed 'exploratory committees' on running for Governor in NY 2-3 times, most recently in 2013. He never entered the race, despite claiming to have incredible levels of support.

He was on TV publicly discussing a run for President in both the 2008 and 2012 election cycles. In 2012, he was also polling highest among Republicans for the briefest of moments.

Trump is a prick. But he is an exceptional businessman. And his ability to manipulate idiots, not once, not twice, but over and over again, is truly legendary. I am simply predicting the man will do exactly what he has always done in the political arena for the last 28 years of his life. Which is get some attention and leave.

Mark my words- he's out by the Iowa Caucus.

I hope youre wrong, but i guess time will tell.

No they just cut out the middle man. Look at Rick Scott. He tried to pass a law that people receiving welfare had to take a drug test at the clinics he owned, err I mean the ones he transferred to his wife while in office when he got elected. Rick Scott is loaded with money and might be the shadiest governor currently.

Well it doesnt mean the billionaire WILL do the right thing. It just means that if he doesnt owe anyone for his campaign that he has the choice. What he does with that choice is up to each man.

How is Trump a 'successful businessman' if hes declared bankruptcy 4X?

Because he makes sure to set his businesses up in ways where they are completely independent of each other so if one doesn't work he can file bankruptcy, screw all his creditors, and still make millions through other businesses. The illegal immigrant labor doesn't hurt his bottom line either. And he has a reputation within the business world of being absolutely ruthless. He tries to destroy anyone who gets in his way.

All jokes aside, the guy is unethical, dishonest, narcissistic, and probably a megalomaniac. And while his unfiltered, generic cliche approach appeals to both the lowest common denominator and people who consider themselves a higher class of person, the one thing both groups have in common is Trump wouldn't spit on any of them if they were on fire

Ironically it is actually worse. Being indebted to big business for funding a campaign means essentially they are going to be able to cash in some favors. Putting the super-rich in charge means instead of having to collect favors they can just take whatever they want. Over 75% of Congress has a net worth of a million or higher.

This trend first started happening when campaign finance reform was introduced. The idea was good. If people got too much money from any one place they couldn't get matching funds. The idea was to stop big business from buying candidates and forcing them to rely on grassroots movements of all sorts of people giving $50 and $100. But the rich didn't get where they are by being so easily discouraged. They decided 'fuck the matching funds, if we get a bunch of independently wealthy people to run who can make up the difference in matching funds we won't need the matching funds to win and can partner up with big business from the jump'

Every decade you see big business get a stronger foothold into both parties. Shit like the Koch brothers basically running the GOP. Even Obama going along with allowing big business to sue countries. And what you are seeing with Trump is essentially the rich deciding the most prudent approach is just to have one of their own at the top.

I am making no sense????? Read what you just wrote. You just used the argument that Trumps deliberate alienation of huge segments of the voting base is proof that his desire to be President is genuine and sincere. :rolleyes:

A serious candidate could, and more importantly would make their point about immigration without calling people rapists, and would not suggest that female reporters who do not throw him softballs are menstruating. If you think Trump is being a deliberate dick as some sort of clever commentary on how PC politicking has gone to far, you are giving the man too much credit.

And he is not sacrificing THAT much for the exposure he's getting. He lost a show which he will get back, a beauty pageant, and another few baubles. Not the meat and potatoes of his operation. He is so hot right now from all this attention that he is getting more money for speeches than just about anyone on the planet right now, with the possible exception of Bill Clinton, and maybe even him. ACN (the MLM company) paid the dude almost $1.5 Million for 3 speeches.

Trump is a very very smart business man. And an obnoxious clown. But he is not a man that has any interest whatsoever in being President. He will be out by the Iowa caucus. And he will not be doing shitty in the polls when he pulls out. He might even still be leading. Sorry you are too chicken shit to take my bet. Maybe someone else will step up.

You're fundamentally incorrect. The shit he's saying is great for his polls and terrible for business and yet he keeps doubling down. If you think blasting immigrants and veterans is good for business than why does every other business, executive,spokesman, etc avoid it at all cost? Why do corporations immediately cut ties with anyone accused of racism? Why do sponsors bail on talk show hosts accused of anything controversial?

He could have done a fake run without saying such damaging shit.

And people worth serveral billion dollars do not make their living giving speeches. The 20 or so he could do in a year is chump change to a guy making 300million a year plus.

Il take the bet that he wont pull out if he's ahead. Now that doesn't mean ahead in one obscure poll in one state..,talking consensus in the lead.

Last edited:
You're fundamentally incorrect. The shit he's saying is great for his polls and terrible for business and yet he keeps doubling down. If you think blasting immigrants and veterans is good for business than why does every other business, executive,spokesman, etc avoid it at all cost? Why do corporations immediately cut ties with anyone accused of racism? Why do sponsors bail on talk show hosts accused of anything controversial?

And people worth serveral billion dollars do not make their living giving speeches. The 20 or so he could do in a year is chump change to a guy making 300million a year plus.

Il take the bet that he wont pull out if he's ahead. Now that doesn't mean ahead in one obscure poll in one state..,talking consensus in the lead.

What kind of horseshit is that? He won't pull out unless he's losing? Way to put yourself out on a limb there. :rolleyes:

He can't be ahead or behind until the Iowa Caucus. That is the first moment in time an actual vote is cast. Everything up to that point is conjecture and speculation. I am telling you he will be out of the race before vote 1 is cast.

He's either out by the Iowa caucus or he isn't. Take the bet or move along. I have the feeling you know deep down he is not serious about running. But you are too far into this now and you can't bring yourself to back track.

You say the man is serious about running. And he is leading in the Republican polls by a large margin. If you had ANY belief in the man, you would take this bet. But you know full well he is a carnival side show. Everyone with a lick of sense knows.

And you are wrong about his rantings being good for him in the polls. What you are not seeing, and the media is not reporting, is the negative polling results. Trumps negative poll numbers are extremely revealing. Even though he is leading in the polls right now, his favorable-to-unfavorable ratio is the lowest of all the major candidates. By far. In fact his negative ratings (the % of Republicans that don't like him) are more than twice as high as any other major candidate. Trump also has by far the highest 'Would never vote for' rating of any major candidate. Over 30%.

He may be able to eek out another point or 2 in polling over the next month or so. But that's it. He's pretty much peaked. And he has absolutely nowhere to go but down, because almost everyone that has not picked him as their favorite in the polls would really like to punch him in the face.

You are also wrong about his word vomit being that bad for his business. Trump has a long, LONG history of using his mouth and wealth to get attention, then harness that attention to get wealth.

The outrageous shit he is saying now does not even make the top 10 in outrageous Trump sayings.

"That must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees."-Referring to playmate Brandi Roderick on the apprectice, when she was begging to stay on the show.

"You know, it doesn't matter what the media writes as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass." Esquire interview 1991.

And who can forget his lovely 2013 tweet about women in the military- '26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?'

None of this had a major impact on his business. Because most of his money is in properties and rent collections. The Apprentice and the rest of it are just attention grabbing side lines to gain publicity.

Trumps lead in the polls will start trickling down in a couple months. Perhaps even a little sooner. And as the Iowa Caucus approaches he will end up neck and neck with someone. Before the caucus happens he will pull out of the race.

In the past he has pulled out of the race while still maintaining a small lead in at least some polls. Because he loves to talk about how he could have won, and was in fact leading in the polls before he chose not to run. I expect nothing less of him this time.

Mark my words- Out before Iowa Caucus.

Last edited:
Your whole post is garbage.

If he starts losing and drops out that doesn't prove shit. If he's really just playing he will drop regardless of polls at some point. Why not just say perry isnt serious when he drops? Or rand paul?

He wants to win but he is not the type to stay in if hes got no shot.

Your whole post is garbage.

If he starts losing and drops out that doesn't prove shit. If he's really just playing he will drop regardless of polls at some point. Why not just say perry isnt serious when he drops? Or rand paul?

He wants to win but he is not the type to stay in if hes got no shot.

He can't be 'losing' until someone has more votes than him. That will not be able to happen until the Iowa Caucus. But he will be out before then.

Mark my words- Out before Iowa Caucus. And you know it damn well.

That's interesting.

Your posting in this thread kind of fits with Jeet Heer's comments in TNR:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/122590/donald-trump-not-populist-hes-voice-aggrieved-privilege

The word populist causes too much confusion when used to describe movements like McCarthyism, the Tea Party, or Trumpism. These are not mass movements of the people hoping to make a more democratic society. Rather they are political factions of authoritarian bigotry, backed by the rich, and designed to protect aggrieved privilege. Trump is best described not as a populist but as an authoritarian bigot, a quality best seen in his callous response to the news that two men evoked his name when they beat up a homeless Mexican man. "I will say that people who are following me are very passionate,

Perry, Santorum, Giuliani and others have all led for longer. There's really no reason at this point to think that Trump is more likely than any of them (way less than Perry, actually) to win the nomination.

To be honest, he's not really any worse than the other Republican candidates, but they at least pretend to be basing their campaigns on something other than white identity politics.

Nate Silver brings up exactly what you said here and explains it further:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/donald-trump-is-winning-the-polls-and-losing-the-nomination/

I think Trump's chances are pretty bad actually.

But what if the things the independent billionaire president considers "best for America" are the same as the things the big business donors are compelling the bought and paid for president to do? At the end of the day it's the same, sad result for the majority.

When you have Trump saying "low wages are good for America" you know that, at least on economics, a Trump presidency will be Koch brothers-GOP business as usual.

But what if the things the independent billionaire president considers "best for America" are the same as the things the big business donors are compelling the bought and paid for president to do? At the end of the day it's the same, sad result for the majority.

When you have Trump saying "low wages are good for America" you know that, at least on economics, a Trump presidency will be Koch brothers-GOP business as usual.

Why are you talking about Trump as if he is actually running for President? He isn't. You are just feeding the trolls.

Why are you talking about Trump as if he is actually running for President? He isn't. You are just feeding the trolls.

Dude, I saw him ride down the escalator and announce his candidacy with my own eyes.

Dude, I saw him ride down the escalator and announce his candidacy with my own eyes.

He does that all the time. He's not running. He's Trumping. Do you honestly believe the guy will be in the race when primary voting starts?

I can make allowances for some of the other clowns on here, but I gave you more credit than that.

I'm an neither of those things. I also worked in the Border Patrol. Politicians talk a big game but will not stop corporations from hiring illegals.

As a business owner, I see no reason why I should be punished because YOU didn't do your job and secure the border. Most businesses don't have the means to make sure if documents provided by the prospective employee are legitimate or an expert forgery. Business is just the convient "boogey man" to blame so those within government don't have to actually change anything in their comfortable, cushey, protected jobs and lives.

You think Trump is good for business? he made his fortune scamming investors, he is a crook.

Back