Donald Trump Celebrates Leif Erickson Day

lol was Benjamin Franklin a president you half wit?

How about Alexander Hamilton? What President was he?

Shows the kind of person I’m dealing with here
Franklin was a founding father.
Hamilton was the first head of the treasury.

How about Alexander Hamilton?

I was just reading his steamy love letters to John Laurens last week.

"Cold in my professions, warm in my friendships, I wish, my Dear Laurens, it might be in my power, by action rather than words, to convince you that I love you. I shall only tell you that ’till you bade us Adieu, I hardly knew the value you had taught my heart to set upon you. Indeed, my friend, it was not well done. You know the opinion I entertain of mankind, and how much it is my desire to preserve myself free from particular attachments, and to keep my happiness independent on the caprice of others.

You should not have taken advantage of my sensibility to steal into my affections without my consent. But as you have done it and as we are generally indulgent to those we love, I shall not scruple to pardon the fraud you have committed, on condition that for my sake, if not for your own, you will always continue to merit the partiality, which you have so artfully instilled into me."

I'm cooler with Lief Erickson than Columbus. At least Lief just kicked some rocks around and then went home instead of enslaving everyone he saw and starting a genocide.

But, the larger question is, why, in 2019, do we really need to commemorate the "discovery" of America?... Seriously, there were people here in 70,000 BC. We know this.

We should re-name Columbus Day "A Victoribus Historia Scribitur" Day.

That, at least, would be a more accurate rendering of our founding myth.
i think it makes sense to (i mean, i couldnt give a shit, really...) honor every culture that has helped add to america. They should honor the Indians (i think they do), West Africans, Vikings, etc. Its a melting pot of a country, yup.

i mean, really, who cares.

57f2f329a83d7.image.jpg

Leif Erikson or Leif Ericson (c. 970 – c. 1020) was a Norse explorer from Iceland. He was the first known European to have set foot on continental North America, several centuries before Christopher Columbus. According to the Sagas of Icelanders, he established a Norse settlement at Vinland on the northern tip of Newfoundland in modern-day Canada.

Leif was the son of Erik the Red, the founder of the first Norse settlement in Greenland and of Thjodhild (Þjóðhildur), both of Norwegian origin. His place of birth is not known, but he is assumed to have been born in Iceland, which had recently been colonized by Norsemen mainly from Norway.

Leif's successful expedition in Vinland encouraged other Norsemen to also make the journey. The first apparent contact between the Norse and the indigenous people, who the Norse later referred to as skrælingjar, was made by his brother Thorvald, and resulted in hostilities and killing.

{<jordan}

Stories of Leif's journey to North America had a profound effect on the identity and self-perception of later Nordic Americans and Nordic immigrants to the United States. The first statue of Leif was erected in Boston in 1887 at the instigation of Eben Norton Horsford. A statue was also erected in Chicago in 1901, having been originally commissioned for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition to coincide with the arrival of the reconstructed Viking ship from Bergen, Norway.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]

He's got a statue in North Dakota too.

Minot.jpg
whatcha laughing at in the bolded part?

The Chinese "discovered" America first.
I would be cool with Leif Erickson Day over that shit head Columbus.

I'm ok with it. Not celebrating, but yeah.

I'm cooler with Lief Erickson than Columbus. At least Lief just kicked some rocks around and then went home instead of enslaving everyone he saw and starting a genocide.

But, the larger question is, why, in 2019, do we really need to commemorate the "discovery" of America?... Seriously, there were people here in 70,000 BC. We know this.

Cry all you want Columbus is still important I don't care what your woke revised history says.

Columbus discovered America because he not only landed there but he also cartographed the route and spread the word around, not just to Europe, unlike the Indians who had no idea there was anything outside of it or the Vikings who failed at colonizing the new world and died there. That's what discovering something means in that context.
You could call it breaking the isolation of the Americas.

What Leif Erickson did was pretty cool. I've read his saga and that of his father Erik the Red, who discovered Greenland. He wasn't half the mariner that Columbus was though. And Columbus' discovery of the New World is a major turning point in world history. Erickson's discovery of America had no long term impact.

One of my pet peeves is the use of the word historical to mean the first time something has happened. Historical is better used to mean something that has a long term impact; something important. Columbus' voyage was a massive historical moment. Leif's was more of a historical footnote.

lol was Benjamin Franklin a president you half wit?

How about Alexander Hamilton? What President was he?

Shows the kind of person I’m dealing with here

So why exactly should Harriet Tubman be on our currency??? because she's black??? why not MLK??? why not Obama. What did she do that was any more important than what anybody on our currency did???

I get it, your'e a low IQ SJW who is just desperate to see racism, maybe you are the actual racist.

Columbus discovered America because he not only landed there but he also cartographed the route and spread the word around, not just to Europe, unlike the Indians who had no idea there was anything outside of it or the Vikings who failed at colonizing the new world and died there. That's what discovering something means in that context. You could call it breaking the isolation of the Americas.

Iberian bitches were ill with the blue water navigation.

Even though he was Italian.

Because those people in 70k BC didn't pave the way for us to live our comfortable lives that we live now in the greatest country of all time. {<shrug}

Show some hespect for this country for once and the real explorers who made it possible.

So why exactly should Harriet Tubman be on our currency??? because she's black??? why not MLK??? why not Obama. What did she do that was any more important than what anybody on our currency did???

I get it, your'e a low IQ SJW who is just desperate to see racism, maybe you are the actual racist.
lol, I bet the people complaining about Tubman would gripe just as much if it was MLK or Obama under consideration.
Tubman was a BAMF, dude.

Bob Arctor with his 5 day old alt account is such an Obvious try hard edge lord troll it’s comical.

Please just get banned again already

Last edited:
That gave me pause as well. I believe @NoDak is praising the navigational skills of the Portuguese and Spanish at the time. "Ill" meaning "good' and "bitches" used in a general, non-derogatory sense.

I believe what that was is an example of an extremely white, northern mid-westerner attempting to use urban parlance from about two decades ago. I hope I've cleared some things up here.

I thought this was about that teen idol dipshit from the 80s
b:W1sic2l6ZSIsIm1lZGl1bSJdXQ==.jpg

the one who ended up going full junkie

Back