Donaire - Fighter of the Year!

Lito Lapida

Brown Belt
Reaction score
4 solid wins for 2012! including the great Jorge Arce! f*ck the so called "bible of boxing" for putting him behind Broner in the Pound for Pound list.

Your thoughts?

Abner Mares next please.

I'm going with Donaire.

Danny Garcia.
Looks like the Pacquiaoist have found a new god.

Donaire fights scrubs and blatantly ducks ranked guys who could give him problems.

Donaire lost a lot of points with me when he said Rigondeaux had to earn a fight with him, then he signed to fight Arce.

Yea I guess I'll go with Donaire as Fighter of the year... even though he didn't fight my boy Rigo.

I love how Donaire called his promoter out as Bob Arum was standing right behind him. Good shit. You can tell he wants Mares bad.

I'd have to give it to MArquez.

Marquez also beat Fedchenko this year as well as KOing one of the 2 best fighters on the world.

Donaire fights scrubs and blatantly ducks ranked guys who could give him problems.

Donaire lost a lot of points with me when he said Rigondeaux had to earn a fight with him, then he signed to fight Arce.

Now donaire is ducking people? Gosh damn this shit around here is getting ridiculous.

Damn he just fought the best guy in his division Toshiaki Nishioka.

A veteran in Arce

the raging bull darchinyan

Montiel who alot of people werent sure if donaire could beat him

Wilfredo Vazquez Jr a really good fighter and good record.

The list goes on and on. So what if donaire says Rigondeaux needs to work his way up. He only has 11 fights hahah that shit is ridiculous.

So what if he fought arce.donaire just fought in october. No fighter at the top fights that much. I expect more from you seano

Mares deserves a shot over Rig. so who gives a shit if Rig sits on the sidelines for awhile.

Also if it bothered you and you took away points from donaire because he said that how come when they asked him last night who he wanted to fight. He said bring them all. They said donaire whos number one for you. He said mares.

Sherdog where the best fighter in the world doesnt fight who you want them to, when you want them to so. So they are ducking the fight SMH

I'd have to give it to MArquez.

Marquez also beat Fedchenko this year as well as KOing one of the 2 best fighters on the world.

Decent choice, along with Garcia. I agree that Donaire does not deserve it.

Don't have a problem with that at all.

He'll fight Rigo sooner rather then later, he has to, there's really no one left and the fans would give him crap. He wanted a nice pay day (his biggest) with an easy fight. He deserves it.

Now the Mares fight is another story. Thanks Bob

Now donaire is ducking people? Gosh damn this shit around here is getting ridiculous.

I actually mentioned this last night. I was pretty high on Donaire for a while there. But I can't get behind a guy who blatantly ducks a fighter.

Theres no way to justify flat out saying no (Donaire said no) to a fight with Rigondeaux because hes not worthy and then instead fights Arce.

Thats ducking.

His competiton this year hasn't been anything special either. Vasquez had been stopped by Jorge Arce. Nishioka was talking about retirement BEFORE they fought. His best opponent this year was probably actually MAthebula.

I appreciate that he fights a lot. I just don't think he's fought anyone that special this year.

quality > quantity

I can tell you right now Rigo will get wrecked by Donaire. Do people not remember his last fight?

Rigo can be hit and his chin isn't that great. A C+ fighter exposed him of that. What would Donaire do to him?

I don't see how anyone can say he is ducking Rigo when Rigo hasn't fought anyone, and Donaire has been trying to get mares.

Back