Donaire - Fighter of the Year!

Marquez definitely deserves it
Donaire hasn't beaten anybody of note lately and has looked below average doing it
Broner has looked great but he's beating nobodies who are way too small for him in a shit division
Marquez knocked out a p4p king in incredible fashion & also beat fedchenko

If the Donaire-Mares fight ever happens, many people would expect it to be difficult. I haven't been able to see much of Mares to have an idea of his fighting style, but what is it about Mares' way of fighting that would give Donaire the most problems?

If the Donaire-Mares fight ever happens, many people would expect it to be difficult. I haven't been able to see much of Mares to have an idea of his fighting style, but what is it about Mares' way of fighting that would give Donaire the most problems?

Mares' scrotum punch. Sadly, not kidding.

I've been told that Mares has the advantage in punching power and in precision as well

Donaire fights scrubs and blatantly ducks ranked guys who could give him problems.

Donaire lost a lot of points with me when he said Rigondeaux had to earn a fight with him, then he signed to fight Arce.

Didn't you read the OP Seano, that's 'the Great' Jorge Arce he fought right there. Not like Arce was a guy he was stylistically built to smash or anything...

Marquez...please. I love JMM but exciting rights don't make you fighter of the year. In fact, he was losing the fight to Pac, but he's fighter of the year? No.

Nobody had a better resume than Donaire in 2012. Nobody.

The TR/GBP now = ducking? Some of you morons need to realize Arum sucks but you won't because you use the cold war when you need in an arguement.

Rigs...he's beat who again? Marroquin? the same guy that rocked him twice forcing Rigs to run. you saw that fight, don't deny it. When Donaire beats him most will trash the Cuban. Its how it works around here. they'll fight in 2013, Donaire will win and then I'll hear...Donaire is still ducking Mares, well actually Mares will turn into Santa Cruz because Mares ain't beating Leo.

Last edited:
Why hasn't anybody said Victor Ortiz? He is awesome man. Those losses don't really count and shit because Mayweather cheap shotted him and so did Josesito'. Victor wins by default.

No true standout fighter this year.

Floyd and Ward only fought once.

JMM knocked out Pac which is huge but he was losing until that point + Fedchenko is hardly a win to write home about. He is my choice for 2nd.

Donaire had a good year but posters like Seano raise important points about the overated value of his opponents. He is my choice for 3rd.

I am going to go a controversial different route - Wlad is the fighter of the year.

How can a man who only beat the likes of Wach, Tony Thompson and Mormeck be fighter of the year? How much crack have you smoked today, you ask?

Maybe a reasonable amount. But Wlad is the recongnised HW champ and the HW division remains the division that matters the most. The HW king is the overall king of the sport.

By absolutely dominating 3 HWs with a combined record of 98-6 in fights not against him - including 2 with only 1 loss between them - Wlad continued to solidify his status as the premier combat athlete on the planet.

His opponents were not of brilliant quality but it isn't like he was taking 'easy' fights in the sense that he was actually avoiding people. Other HWs were either marginally tougher opponents at best while others were simply not ready and would have avoided Wlad in 2012 anyway.

In a year without a true standout, a HW king dominating 3 opponents wins by default.

Good thing it's not Danny "overrated" Garcia.

okay guys, its kinda old but i won. Donaire is the fighter of the year according to RINGS, etc etc

okay guys, its kinda old but i won. Donaire is the fighter of the year according to RINGS, etc etc

Thats pretty amazing that Golden Boy magazine named him fighter of the year.

Back